Forum Reputation

The_Warpact

4 minutes ago, Ukase said:

You silly people and your phones. How many times do I have to say it? Phones are for talking with people. Seriously! That's why they were made. So you could talk to people. Browsing the forums is for a PC, or ...(shudder) a Mac, if that's all you have. 

When your stuck on the ward with your pc restricted to work access, phones iz all we gotz.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

This is interesting insight into the changes. I too primarily use the mobile version.

That said maybe it's a good thing people don't see my forum rep as a used car salesman as I've got a deal for them. Act now for only 1 billion influence can you get your very own mystery autographed screenshot of the login page. A very exclusive, very limited, one of a kind deal.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Now, I know there are others who post stuff just to talk or they are whimsical in their process to discuss things and they have high reps but, in their own way they contribute and face it, these people get those high numbers because other people like what their laying down.

I provide whimsy.

image.jpeg.d473d70e14e6886efd881a02f8f634e2.jpeg

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I provide whimsy.

image.jpeg.d473d70e14e6886efd881a02f8f634e2.jpeg

oh flea.. 1st rule of interweb, never post your real pic!

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

You silly people and your phones. How many times do I have to say it? Phones are for talking with people. Seriously! That's why they were made. So you could talk to people. Browsing the forums is for a PC, or ...(shudder) a Mac, if that's all you have. 

When im at my computer im on the game.  When im at wor.... when im not at my computer i use my phone for the forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, TheZag said:

When im at my computer im on the game.  When im at wor.... when im not at my computer i use my phone for the forum.

lol

I work from home, so I have free license to use my desktop at any time..and do, lol. 

A shame I'm not smart enough to articulate clearly when I'm serious and when I'm being purposely obtuse for my own amusement. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Ukase said:

lol

I work from home, so I have free license to use my desktop at any time..and do, lol. 

A shame I'm not smart enough to articulate clearly when I'm serious and when I'm being purposely obtuse for my own amusement. 

As long as you're not being isosceles, I think we're okay.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

54 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

As long as you're not being isosceles, I think we're okay.

Right?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Bear in mind reputation also takes into account the more negative reactions.. so I guess it’s open to interpretation what that reputation might be for 😅

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

23 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

Bear in mind reputation also takes into account the more negative reactions.. so I guess it’s open to interpretation what that reputation might be for 😅

So making people angry actually increases my rep?

Oh geez. No wonder why my rep count is so high.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
typo

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

Just like so many social aspects of the internet. "I win if you click. The fact you clicked due to being angry is even better since you are now emotionally invested."

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• City Council

The reputation stat on posts was actually removed in Invision 4.6.x which we upgraded to last week. The reputation view that you see on posts now, in the desktop client anyways, is actually re-introduced through our custom forum theme, and was not re-added to the mobile theme because of other changes made there and lack of space in the current design.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Just like so many social aspects of the internet. "I win if you click. The fact you clicked due to being angry is even better since you are now emotionally invested."

"And I win if you don't click, because I'm right by default."

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

5 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

just fyi (I agree with your point about reputation being highly subjective)

• the reputation count does not include confuse, sad, or thumb down. 
  • 'reactions given' seems to reflect some recent time period rather than all time.
  • post counts include deleted posts.. (I sometimes delete rather than edit because I don't like the edit note).

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

32 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I want my knife reaction back! I earned it fair and square! 

🔪

Hnet.com-image.gif.071a83345e5dc87c6aaa59f3d22f59d5.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/23/2021 at 5:04 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

When the forum update hit a couple of days ago we had forum badges that were displayed.

Then crybabies cried that it'd create a class system where their precious opinions would be ignored because they weren't part of the Forum Illuminati, and they'd be gulaged, and it wasn't fair, etc, etc, etc.

So the devs canned the whole thing about 15 minutes later.

I liked the badge thingy. It was fun and it created all sorts of fun exchange between members on the forum.

Would have been fun to keep that system around.  On an old forum I visited, devs made badges for forum games.  Imagine that: the week before a major update, the devs would hide 20-ish Easter eggs in the forum and you'd get badges if you find them.  The buzz and activity it created was insane.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:10 AM, Ukase said:

I’m not lugging my pc into the bathroom…

5 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

They make custom chairs for everything else...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

I find this ...kind of gross. I mean, I get it. It's handy (the phone), it's useful. Games, or perhaps email or other productive utility. But..the germs from the environment...oh my. Can't see 'em, (I hope) but you gotta know they're there. But that's probably more my inner germaphobe revealing itself.