Winter Packs on Sale?

Synyen

I am reading on the unofficial Homecoming Wiki page about the winter packs.

"Lords of Winter is the third Super Pack set, released as part of Issue 25. They cost 10,000,000 inf on the Auction House during the Winter Event and 25,000,000 inf at other times. They contain special Winter Enhancements which can be made Superior with Enhancement Catalysts. There are 122 cards that can be obtained from the pack. "

The winter event has started as of an hour ago, and yet packs are still 25 mil a pack.  Is this information not correct?

IIRC from last year, a GM has to go in and manually change the price of the seeded packs. I don't remember at the start of the event, but it was about a week after the event ended before they went back to 25m.

And, as the others have said, there's no guarantee it'll happen this year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Yeah. Currently they're not (though it looks like some people are dumping old packs...)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

From what I understand the HC devs don't handle the HC live auction house, its something that needs updated by the HC staff. Remember the HC Team is set up like this:

HC Team

- HC Staff (runs the servers, donations, legal discussion, etc.)

- HC Devs (all the game design changes)

- HC GMs (all the GM'ing/player assistance/support tickets)

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

18 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

From what I understand the HC devs don't handle the HC live auction house, its something that needs updated by the HC staff. Remember the HC Team is set up like this:

HC Team

- HC Staff (runs the servers, donations, legal discussion, etc.)

- HC Devs (all the game design changes)

- HC GMs (all the GM'ing/player assistance/support tickets)

That interesting...I was completely ignorant of this. I thought it was like 5 guys, & some volunteer players for testing. This makes it seem like a much larger number of people than I would have thought. 

17 minutes ago, Ukase said:

That interesting...I was completely ignorant of this. I thought it was like 5 guys, & some volunteer players for testing. This makes it seem like a much larger number of people than I would have thought. 

Oh yeah there are a bunch of folks on the HC team. Check out the Staff section on the forum:

image.png.376729a068d2c30918d83381ccea4815.png

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 11/30/2021 at 9:45 AM, Aeroprism said:

Doesn't happen every year, it's never guaranteed.

For those of you that are new here, this would be the first time that the Winter Packs didn’t go on sale if things stay as they are.

Last year, the Winter Pack changes happened a few days after the event went live, so let’s see if that happens again 

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

to end speculation

On 11/30/2021 at 6:35 PM, GM Impervium said:

Hey all!

So, there will be an Official Announcement on this Soon.

Hopefully before next Tuesday when they go on sale for 15m. And I really hope the HC Team is ready for cries of DOOM when they reveal this will probably be the LAST time the Winter Packs go on sale!

Glibness of my post aside, that's the deal; 15M starting next Tuesday, until the end of the Winter Event, and it will probably be the last time they go on sale.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

On sale now for $15M.

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

You should see the announcement when you log in.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

46 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

I haven't done super packs. (Really.) How do you claim the goodies?

First thing I'd note is that you probably shouldn't for now.  One of the "drops" gives you something useless and that won't be fixed until after the event ends.

That said, they'll be put into your salvage.  You just right click, open pack, and then the items from the pack are placed under the "Character Items" section of your in-game email for any of your characters to claim.