What If?! We only got one character..

Troo

18 hours ago, Luminara said:

Another game.

This.

I would be so annoyed at having to make that choice and play under those limitations that my most likely response would be to say to hell with the game entirely. Just walking away would be the less bitter pill than losing all but one of my crew and only getting to play that one in an incomplete form. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Fun game question to look through.... at game launch... Issue 0   - 6 or 8 character slots per server and highest level was 40, right?

Edit: 10!   Found the link in old paragonwiki... Character Slot - Paragon Wiki Archive.  Anything less than 1000 is injustice.

Edited by starro
found my link
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

2 hours ago, starro said:

Fun game question to look through.... at game launch... Issue 0   - 6 or 8 character slots per server and highest level was 40, right?

Edit: 10!   Found the link in old paragonwiki... Character Slot - Paragon Wiki Archive.  Anything less than 1000 is injustice.

Whoa.... completely forgot we could buy slots.

/e poofgone

It wouldn't be CoH if we only had one character.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:40 PM, Troo said:

..and it stopped advancing at level 47.

What would folks choose?

Trick Arrow/Duel Pistols Defender - Ive been playing this combo for a bit now, and it's probably my favorite version of these power sets. It's stylish, effective, and has great flavor. It's not as "supportive" as most defenders are typified as being, but Ive played them up to 41 now, using mostly SOs only, and I havent like, needed anything outside of what normal progression has given me. If the HC devs were like "ok gang, NO MORE EXP unless you PAY" I could play this combo just fine and never level again and be totally fine.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:45 PM, Troo said:

Feel free to list one ranged & one melee.

I think I'd stick with Stalker or Corruptor.

Oh I get two?! Hmm...

Street Justice/Super Reflexes Stalker OR Shield Defense/Super Strength Tanker. Ive played both of these to 44 now, and the stalker is just so stupidly stylish and fun I find it hard to quit or to recommend any other build for the stalker. Likewise, while my first tanker ever was an Elec/Elec Tanker here on HC, I've since tried SD/SS and it meets a lot of qualifiers for me to enjoy it. It's fairly stylish inherently since shields are just MORE customization, and the alternate animations on SS help keep the shield from looking tacked on. It's effective at what it needs to do, and if you need to pump your damage you can hit Rage, One with the Shield, and in combination with Against All Odds, for a couple precious minutes, you're THE MAIN CHARACTER of the game. Like, I have never felt MORE like a comic book superhero then when i've hit Alt+1, Alt+2 and gone to work. Now, maybe street justice is even cooler than this? But I havent made a SD/SJ tanker, and SJ's stamina consumption early on make me feel reluctant to suggest it on the already toggle heavy SD, which solves the stamina issue pretty. Combine this with Shield Charge, letting my reposition on demand? It's just really cool, and it's pretty much "finished" as a build waaaaaaay before 40, like, you could hit 33-34 and stop gaining XP and you'd miss very little.

Those are my picks, I feel like... I might lean more heavily toward that tanker, since while that stalker is really cool they're very hard for me to play as a team player, since like, most AoE debuffs on teams tend to be slapped on the biggest, baddest guys? and as a Stalker my FIRST target is the biggest, baddest guy, so there's a lot of conflict there. Plus, in groups with a lot of melee going on, Assassin's Strike's charge up time can be less than ideal? And while the ability to be a team taxi is REALLY nice for fast runs? I think the flavor of the SD/SS tanker is way too enduring for me to say I'd prefer to play a stalker, even if it's got a lot more of a natural feel to its play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

Ill+Storm is a hard combo to beat. Whatever the situation, you can always be doing something useful!

• Thumbs Up 3

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Only one?

Maybe a Tri-Form Warshade.

Maybe.

But ask me again in an hour it will probably be a different answer.

• Haha 3

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

I would do just like I did when I played Star wars galaxies, which limited you to one toon per account. I would have multiple accounts. At one point I was paying a monthy sub on 4 accounts. A jedi, A bounty hunter, an Armour-smith and a smuggler.

but what I would chose for my main would always be my bot/drk mastermind

Edited by jeolman1

On 1/11/2022 at 9:56 PM, Troo said:

@Doomguide2005 @Bill Z Bubba @Hedgefund yall are right. @Without_Pause was suspicious.

Together with @The_Warpact you've sussed out that I'm on cold medicine, and while the directions say I should not operate heavy machinery it says nothing about the interwebs. That's no excuse for being confused though.

Yes. Also I believe when Redside launched.

Interesting results so far:

Some Stalkers, Controllers, Scrappers, Tanks and of course Blasters. A Fortuna and War Shade.

• Fire/Martial blaster

Do you have a build for Fire/MA blaster?  It sounds like fun I think I may make one

16 minutes ago, Rahabina said:

wait, that's not what I wrote.. how much cold medicine...

whew, that's wasn't what I wrote but the sentiment isn't far off. I was just curious what folks would stick with. I think it's good info for new players as well as those looking to try something else.

Edited by Troo
fire/martial.. meh.. tho I do love that snipe animation

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

30 minutes ago, Troo said:

wait, that's not what I wrote.. how much cold medicine...

whew, that's wasn't what I wrote but the sentiment isn't far off. I was just curious what folks would stick with. I think it's good info for new players as well as those looking to try something else.

No I think I messed up the quote lol

I was wondering if you had a mids build of your Fire/MA blaster?  It sounds fun I might make one

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rahabina said:

No I think I messed up the quote lol

I was wondering if you had a mids build of your Fire/MA blaster?  It sounds fun I might make one

Here ya go.

JJ's page sometimes loads funny. Using your browser search for 'Fire Blast', it's the third one.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

What is this, WoW? Get out of here.

I don’t have a crazy deep stable of characters, but even to give up half would be a struggle. There’s at least six that come to mind right away, so maybe I could settle on six? But now, just one would never happen.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

What is this, WoW?

I don't know anything about that game. Glad you like your characters all too much to pick one.