Forum Names

The_Warpact

Hey someone just said something incredibly stupid to someone else on here.(I know your just shocked as shit on that one)

Anywho, it was called into question about the person's length of time they've been playing. Now the person in question who was being referenced was a name I recognized as someone I recognized from the Live forums.

So my question do you still use your forum handle from Live? I realize the more recognizable personalities on here do Billz, Luminara, etc so you're excused from participating if you so desire. 

Me even though I am The Warpact on here I started as the Larker and later the Larker Bunny. Although, I had toons as both Warpact, Bots/FF MM and the Larker, Thugs/Psn MM.

Alot would probably recognize me from the Rookery and that groups nonsensical rp madness.

Most of the time I just posted fluff or aggravated Luminara, yes, it's an obsession. 

I'm hoping with time you have merely changed names, as there were alot of people I no longer see and hopefully they just moved on and didn't pass.

Let's get it on!

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 minute ago, The_Warpact said:

Most of the time I just posted fluff or aggravated Luminara, yes, it's an obsession. 

I hope your wife chases you around with a rolling pin.

One of those nifty granite ones.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I know you being as intelligent and cunning that you are the quote is just a ploy to check my marital status. 😘

You've already posted about playing Co* with your wife, you doof burger.  😛

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I really tried hard to remember my main from live, but I only recall one of my favorite characters was an Ice themed take on Raiden from Mortal Kombat. So that's what I went with. I'll admit I don't remember the forums at all, but I did read patch notes and things like that. 

Edit: Oh and I started playing in Issue 0, then played off and on based on whether the content was fun with my gaming friends at the time. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I was a lurker, not a poster during Live. Considering I was a kid then, that's probably for the best. My handle is also different from what it was. I couldn't tell you what it used to be.

But I have played since the game released. I'm no wizard, but I'd like to think my knowledge of the game is at least pretty solid.

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I have always been High_Beam on live and here (with the hyphen).  High Beam (without a hyphen)was my main on Freedom from like day 2.

• Like 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Nope. Different handle here. Kept one of the avatars, though.

I should bring the cat back, though apparently it confused people by being orange.

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

So my question do you still use your forum handle from Live?

Yep.  Ironblade was my main, my global name and my forum name back on live.

Now, it continues to be all of those things, plus I have an Ironblade on every shard.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

So my question do you still use your forum handle from Live?

Nope.  I don't recall being very active on the old forums, though I did read them from time to time after a few issues into the game's life.  Was fairly sporadic though, certainly not a regular.

Wait.

Were we supposed to do that?

Is that how we gain admission to the Inner Council of Thirteen Circles?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Pretty sure this was my forum handle (but not my@name from the game itself) and even 1st avatar too.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I believe it was the same on the Live forums.  CoH was shortly after I started using it as a forum and internet name (outside of work and other 'official' stuff).  I joined right at the tail end of i3 and kept hearing all about the new issue about to drop.  Total internet newb I had no clue about what the hell an issue was and hadn't yet discovered the forums.  I just know I somehow managed totally different global, log-in, first character and forum names ... then eventually added a 2nd account with, of course, another name.  8 slots wasn't nearly enough for my raging altitis.  And I have a long and storied history of in-game sound bugs, computer deaths, that had/has me living vicariously through the forums.

Edit:  heh, no my forum and global names still aren't quite synched up.  It's just @Doomguide.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Duh
  • Like 1

I started playing a week or two before I3 hit and was always @Uun in game. Don't recall if I used Uun on the forums from the start, but I was definitely Uun on the live forums for some time. 

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I was @Brightfires back on Liberty. I don't remember why I went with a different name here... It just seemed like a new City called for a new handle? At any rate, @Coyotedancer is my global here,

I posted some on the old forums, but not enough to be a recognizable "name".

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice