The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Things you enjoy that other people seem to not enjoy

Yomo Kimyata

Base building. Not the big epic, but the practical use of a small space.

Sometimes just listening to the music for certain areas. It was updated in the previous issue in some areas. Do you realize how many sounds there are to flesh out the experience? I was playing with my headphones on once and paused my character. I was startled by a sound; turns out it was a guy standing next to me, reading a newspaper. I was hearing the page turns ...

Sometimes I hang out in my base and just read chat ...  We certainly are a bunch of wonderfully weird people.

• Like 1

/e poofgone

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

/screenshotui 1

PrtScrn

Alt+Tab to an open file explorer window.

Navigate to the game directory, Homecoming/Screenshots.

I would do this if I used dual monitors, but I don't anymore. So I have a little padded holder that props up my tablet beautifully right in from of me, and I can zoom in and out, and get everything right. 😉

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

28 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

I would do this if I used dual monitors, but I don't anymore. So I have a little padded holder that props up my tablet beautifully right in from of me, and I can zoom in and out, and get everything right. 😉

Why would you need a second monitor?

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

7 hours ago, High_Beam said:

I like a team that occasionally stops mid-mission to just make goofy remarks.  Obviously in larger doses it can get annoying ...

"One trick is to tell them stories that don't go anywhere like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel ..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

Things I like that others don't seem to like:

Villain side story arcs.

There's always a much larger proportion on Blue than Red. it seems.

• Like 2

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

I like levelling to 50 by running story arcs.  I like the feeling of progress and getting new powers and slotting new sets.  Even with characters I end up not playing after they hit level 50 I still enjoy  the process of learning their powers and how to use them.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 9

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I like the really long story arcs in the AE, something to get your teeth into and follow a plot.  When I team up with people there's a lot of speeding, even if not advertized as a speed run people just seem to dash through stuff.  I know some people's time to play is limited but I still ask what's your rush?  

Currently doing this because I may be a masochist.  All three writers are Dev Choice winners so I'm getting good story as I go.  It may take a while though!

• Thumbs Up 3

Great to be back in CoX!

Setting up costumes appropriate for a mission.   

Redside VEAT's cry out for this, not only for those 'incursions' into Paragon City, but also the regular missions, like taking out a Longbow base.  There's something about dressing up as Longbow on a stealth character, so that I'm completely unnoticed.... 

Edited by MistressOhm

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

15 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

Redside VEAT's cry out for this, not only for those 'incursions' into Paragon City, but also the regular missions, like taking out a Longbow base.  There's something about dressing up as Longbow on a stealth character, so that I'm completely unnoticed.... 

I have a Cimemora costume for my main, and also a 'villain' version for her when she's redside, with a full power recolour.  That way when the citizens of Paragon seem to know exactly what she's been up to in the Rogue Isles it's okay, because they're not talking about her, they're talking about her evil mirror version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 9/29/2022 at 10:29 PM, MistressOhm said:

love this too! My PB has costumes for more “alien” stuff (Shadow Shard/ Rikti), a “homemade” costume for low level content, a Cim look for the ITF, a golden age superhero look for TFs, an x-force feel look for grey alignment, and a pure red-side look which is my “Honorary Warshade” (a la the Moonfire badge) for pure red content. It’s the little things which keep the toon alive.

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

On 9/29/2022 at 8:44 AM, Luminara said:

/screenshotui 1

PrtScrn

Alt+Tab to an open file explorer window.

Navigate to the game directory, Homecoming/Screenshots.

Snipping Tool....it is standard in Windows and lets you take pic of only the parts you want to see.  also easily mark up very quickly.  I open enhance window, snip it, circle what I want to change or write a "D" on an endurance reduction modification so when I am in the /ah or the vendor I can easily see what I was thinking I wanted to replace.  if I am lvling and melee I often pick "Air Superiorty" to give me thta extra power and then when I hit 20ish I have enough I can drop it.  snip a pic of my enhancement window, scratch thru the powers I want rid of, write what I want it to be replaced with, etc

And I don't have to save the file.  once I am done whiteboarding this I can close without saving this visual note

oh works best with multiple monitors 🙂

Edited by Starhawk32

2 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Dark Astoria and the Mot arcs.

Oh, so much this!

Also love fighting Carnies, Malta, Rularuu...

Basically all the mobs the folks who say "This game's too easy!" run from.

Yeah, it's easy if you only play the easy parts, ya doof!

(Which is why you'll never find me running Council Radios in PI!)

Edited by DoctorDitko
'cause
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Testing game mechanics. And not so much about the numbers but just the actual leg work involved. Wasn’t something I’d normally consider but once I started doing it I found it relatively relaxing and fun. It isn’t something I always have the kind of time for though.

Also, playing without sound. It’s nothing against the game tracks, I just generally don’t care to listen to it anymore, and haven’t for a long time. It definitely makes looking for glowies a lot more interesting!

I love the Sewer Trial. Even when it's the weekly it doesn't get played much.

I also love being PLd. Most often I meet fun and funny people. The conversation is usually pretty great. 

GM Hunting, although it now has a larger group following, for a long time it just wasn't vary popular. It's pretty easy to grab a big GM team now. 

Edited by Arc-Mage
  • Like 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

25 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

GM Hunting, although it now has a larger group following, for a long time it just wasn't vary popular. It's pretty easy to grab a big GM team now. 

Let me know if you get a group together to go after GM Impervium! I'll even trade servers for that!

IIRC, Impervium once stomped on me as a giant version of my own character!

Wasn't my namesake, but that kind of thing leaves an impression is hard to forget!

Edited by DoctorDitko
'splaining
  • Haha 3

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

For me, I guess it's the "Stop 30 Fir Bolg from entering the door" mission. 
So many of you auto-complete that one and it leaves me scratching my head as to why. It can be a nice challenge. It can also be a snooze-fest, particularly for a blaster or other ranged dps character with super speed or tp self. Still, I like it. It is essentially a kill all, but I like the challenge of keeping all of them from getting through. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Such a great thread to read through. 

I like lower level teams were team work actually matters tanks need to tank defenders need to buff etc, before it becomes who can kill the entire map quickest. Also like running missions that aren't get to lvl 20 using DFB. Hoping the new ITF makes team work a thing as I've not managed to play it yet.  

I like characters that are CoH themed or use the lore. I had a Invun/SS tank on live named Skyway Sam that was a troll turned good. Try to make most of my characters have some lore from CoH about them. 

Traveling without insta teleports! I will admit I use them but I miss the days when you had to use yellow and green lines and goto this zone for that zone etc. It has taken some of the social aspect of the game away as you are definitely all in a race even if no one says it! But also was a good time to chat if u was the cruiser at the back. 

Edited by Captain Paragon
Spelling
  • Like 5

I've mentioned it before, but... Yeah. I'm a "for fun" fire farmer. (Goodies aside, I really do just enjoy doing it for its own sake.) Logging in Ossuni, turning on my playlist and running through a bunch of goons zen-style is relaxing. 

I also like going out to the Shard zones and just flying around, looking at things.

And doing endless rounds of Prezzie-opening in Talos during Christmas... (That tends to be a zen-thing for me, like the farming. I used to gather crafting materials in Aion the same way.) 

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

After noob levels, I stop renewing 2x xp.  I've railed up to 50 and am closing in on 100 alts (maybe just 1/5 make it to 40s, tbh) but I like the climb, actually adventuring.

I saw someone who announced on chat they were back for the first time since shutdown, and where the hell did the AE building go?  Where to go for AE?  Really?  No running around, just ding ding ding 50, then what?  Incarnate?  Probably not, but if so, then what?

I think there's a joke game called Progress Quest or something, where all adventuring and dinging and new powers are all automatic.  Maybe something like that is more your style, if it's about a ding junkie.

Of that large menagerie, only two are Tier 4 Incarnate, my MM, and a claws/regen scrapper built (I thought) for DPS and not survivability, who can't out-DPS one giant monster's heal rate, or even a pylon, but for some reason can tank 4 or 5 of them.

Edited by Norl
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Norl said:

After noob levels, I stop renewing 2x xp.  I've railed up to 50 and am closing in on 100 alts (maybe just 1/5 make it to 40s, tbh) but I like the climb, actually adventuring.

I've been trying to think of what to say in this thread, and that's it for me: I almost never use 2XP boosts.  Why should I when at level 10 I can get on a "all levels welcome" PI radio team?  Or not, as the urge strikes me? 

The maybe two times I've farmed I found door sitting to be too boring, too, I only have limited time to play and don't want to waste it just standing there.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝