Focused Feedback: Badges & Emotes

• Developer

Badges

New Badges

Accolade

• image.pngStowaway - Complete all villain-alignment story arcs on Striga Isle.

Achievement

• badge_i27_accomplishment_stationescape.png.2f9820d4f1bdf183fc71975425ed3b56.png Doesn't Look At Explosions - Successfully complete the ending sequence of Advanced Mode of the Lady Grey's Task Force.

Defeat

• badge_i27_defeat_rikti_deltamonkeys.png.140be2abfceff0726ff6d04b7671e8bb.png  Zookeeper Omega - Defeat the new boss encounter in the Advanced Mode of the Lady Grey's Task Force.

History

• Badge_History_Bicentennial.png.8489f4f8947d240142d580014248ab11.png Bicentennial - Celebrate the 200 year history of Paragon City with this history badge spanning 20 plaques scattered around the various zones:
    • 1. 200 Years of Paragon - Kings' Row
    • 2. South End Rail Riot - Independence Port
    • 3. World War 2 - Independence Port
    • 4. Statesman - Kings' Row
    • 5. The Great Depression - Kings' Row
    • 6. Terra Volta - Terra Volta
    • 7. Paragon Times - Steel Canyon
    • 8. Rudolph Augustus Seifert - Atlas Park
    • 9. Cold War Paragon - Brickstown
    • 10. Paragon Pride - Kallisti Wharf
    • 11. The Spirit of Freedom - Atlas Park
    • 12. Hamidon - Founders' Falls
    • 13. The Outbreak - The Hollows
    • 14. The Ferry - Peregrine Island
    • 15. Vietnam War - Atlas Park
    • 16. Brass Monday - Steel Canyon
    • 17. Humanitarian Activities - Skyway City
    • 18. Rikti War - Founders' Falls
    • 19. Galaxy City - Perez Park
    • 20. Dark Astoria - Talos Island

Badge Fixes

Accolades

• Born in Battle - Fixed badge meter not tracking progress correctly.
  • High Pain Threshold - Fixed accolade referencing needing Relentless badge instead of The Unbroken Spirit.

Defeats

• Spider Smasher - Fixed female Wolf Spider Huntsmen not counting towards badge progress.
  • Cap Buster - Now properly displays the badge's hint after a single Red Cap defeat, instead of after 20.
  • Believer - Now only requires a single Sally defeat, instead of two.
  • Weed Whacker - Badge hint now properly states to defeat 50 Succubus or Hellfrost.
  • Infiltrator - Fixed to count defeats of radiation and psychic Paragon Protector Elites.
  • Hellspawned - Fixed to count the minion Damned in the Dr. Aeon Strike Force.
  • Gravedigger - Fixed to count the Zoombie Bomb Cadavers found in Agent Watkin's Story Arc.
  • Fixed female Skulls not counting towards various Skulls defeat badge progress.

Emotes

New Emotes

• /e donut6
    • (Drenched Donuts has partnered with Choco Mints candy to produce a minty chocolate crumble variety of donut, adding to their line of flavors.)
  • /e PocketDog (/e PocketHotDog, /e JumboDeluxePocketDog).
    • (Dancing the night away requires lots of calories. This juicy, grilled-to-perfection 'Deluxe' Pocket Dog is DJ Zero's latest offering on the Pocket D menu!)
  • /e JumboDog (/e JumboHotDog)
  • /e Onigiri
  • /e PumpkinMug (/e pumpkinmug1)
  • /e Smartphone
  • /e Cameraphone
  • /e Text
  • /e Smartphone2 (legacy model)
  • /e Cameraphone2 (legacy model)
  • /e Text2 (legacy model)

Emote Fixes

• (/e sitchair) alias added for /e Sitchair1
  • Fixed the right lower leg position on the drinking mug animation, which caused some tall boots to clip into the leg.

• Widower unlocked this topic

All the new emotes are cool and I like the updated smart phone. I will probably start using some of these new food emotes in RP.

As an aside, while we're messing with emotes and fixing sits, could we possibly get gendered sit emotes proliferated? Girls get majorly shafted on sit options, using the same emote SIX TIMES across their options. (Okay to be fair one leg on the stool emote is slightly farther back). As a result girls basically have 2 sit emotes where guys have 7. LedgeSits are okay though.

Below are SitChair emotes 1, 2, and 3. For male and female.

NYJOvvG.pngAHZS8MZ.pngDef10m9.png

y6ZdQt1.png0X7swxr.pnguIHfAm5.png

Bench 2, 3, and 4 (1 is the same between genders). For male and female.

3VntKi2.pngK7SaOQi.pngM1uuN8b.png

qr1ieW9.pngaeRFNMA.pngtL8p5f4.png

Stool. For male and female.

vVXU4ea.pngiG33AXq.png

I'm thinking they could be ported and swapped as sitchair4, 5, 6. And bench5, 6, 7. And stool2, respectively.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Retired Developer

Nothing was added or changed with sitting emotes this patch, just got tired of typing sitchair out of habit instead of sitchair1, so an alias was added. I'll keep your post in mind if what you ask for happens.

• Like 2

We need a badge called "Forgot to Bring Bullets," for completing a mission while fulfilling one of these three requirements:

• Playing as an Arsenal Assault Dominator with no powers from their secondary besides Buttstroke, Heavy Blow, or Power Up
  • Playing as an Arachnos Soldier with one or both of Pummel and Bayonet, but no other powers from the Arachnos Soldier pool
  • Having a teammate who fulfills one of the two prior requirements.
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Emotes appear to be working while using costume: Undefined Mode

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

From the Founder's Falls plaque for the Bicentennial badge: "In a cruel twist of fate, Hamidon used the mold on himself in desperation when his raid on an animal testing facility was interrupted by the notorious invisible hero Refactor."

Given that the character is stated to be invisible, I feel like that's probably a typo of "Refractor".

Edited by Heronator
Minor Typo

So, all things considered, this is just a minor gripe... but the art for the Face Turn badge is a little too good. I know, that seems like a weird thing to say, but it doesn't feel like it matches the art style of the rest of the game. By itself, not a big deal at all, but I'm concerned if we add too much that is high resolution or even near-photo-realistic, it may create a schism in the appearance of the game. I only mention it as an example, and to keep in mind maintaining style integrity as development moves forward. It's obviously not feasible to update everything, so please be careful not to update some things that may relegate other things to "old" or "left behind."

Didn't think this was worth a dedicated bug report, but the texture for the new 'Face Turn' badge doesn't appear correctly at lower-end World Texture Quality settings (red boxes added to screenshot for emphasis). The rest of the new ones look fine at that setting.

face_turn_texture.jpg.ff4d75933c76e4d3d37096e18ae1d271.jpg

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification, and de-spoilered the badge text just to be safe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yzdragel said:

Is this Face Turn badge meant to be something that is not disclosed in the patch notes?  I don't see it above or missed it.

Recently added for the new Pierce personal story arc

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 alts with all the badges!

16 hours ago, yzdragel said:

Is this Face Turn badge meant to be something that is not disclosed in the patch notes?  I don't see it above or missed it.

It was added as part of the build 2 patch notes. Scroll down a little and it is at the top of the first bulleted list under 'Marquee Features'.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 2/1/2024 at 9:48 AM, The Curator said:

Exploration

• Badge_tourist_01.png.b3cddeaa49ef12f8f6c00e660a1bac8c.png Party Animal - Visit Pocket D, Studio 55, and the Paragon Dance Party.

Respectfully, I think this is bit annoying with respect to a badge; it requires a character to have access to Paragon City to enter the Paragon Dance Party, which excludes anyone who stays villain/Redside.  It feels a bit exclusionary to make an exploration badge for Blueside that doesn't feel linked to actually being Blueside.  It's also a little annoying for such a badge when Bluesiders are already getting the Bicentennial badge this update.  I appreciate that the badge/its title might be wanted by some, so just removing the the Paragon Dance Party requirement would satisfy me.

1 hour ago, Burnt Umber said:

Respectfully, I think this is bit annoying with respect to a badge; it requires a character to have access to Paragon City to enter the Paragon Dance Party, which excludes anyone who stays villain/Redside.  It feels a bit exclusionary to make an exploration badge for Blueside that doesn't feel linked to actually being Blueside.  It's also a little annoying for such a badge when Bluesiders are already getting the Bicentennial badge this update.  I appreciate that the badge/its title might be wanted by some, so just removing the the Paragon Dance Party requirement would satisfy me.

Alternatively, maybe villains could be allowed to enter Paragon Dance Party, but just not use the doors the lead to Paragon City proper (unless Rogue of course). 

Edited by FupDup

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

Exploration

• Rookie - Moved from Echo: Atlas Park to Atlas Park (128.7 28.9 -333.7)
  • Silent Sentinel - Moved from Atlas Park to Echo: Atlas Park (-947.6 470.2 -1868.6)

I always liked the City Traveler badge.  In Echo: Atlas Park you get a badge when you return to AP via the Tram (the badge is actually at the exit terminal of the Tram).  Since Twin Shot's arc sends you to King's Row, this might be a nice tie-in for that trip.

On 2/9/2024 at 12:39 AM, Burnt Umber said:

Just as respectfully, collecting badges is an OOC activity, so then what's the problem with using Null to go to Paragon OOCly to collect the badge?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Just as respectfully, collecting badges is an OOC activity, so then what's the problem with using Null to go to Paragon OOCly to collect the badge?

Not everyone wants to change their toon's alignment, I know I don't.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

As mentioned by a poster above, I don't want to have to change my alignment just to get a badge.  I don't exactly think of badges as an out-of-character thing; I see them as mementos of sorts of my characters progression and activities.  So, while I am okay with some badges being exclusive to either side as setting or story would necessitate, I dislike when there are badges that are exclusive to Blueside or Redside that don't have to be.  Here, for example, PDP is a relic/anachronism previously removed from the game, so it irritates me a little for that to be a barrier to all my villains for a badge that I can just barely not complete.

2 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

As mentioned by a poster above, I don't want to have to change my alignment just to get a badge.  I don't exactly think of badges as an out-of-character thing; I see them as mementos of sorts of my characters progression and activities.  So, while I am okay with some badges being exclusive to either side as setting or story would necessitate, I dislike when there are badges that are exclusive to Blueside or Redside that don't have to be.  Here, for example, PDP is a relic/anachronism previously removed from the game, so it irritates me a little for that to be a barrier to all my villains for a badge that I can just barely not complete.

Only because you decided it could not be completed due to self-imposed rules.

Not be able to be completed would be if the devs gave you no option to get it, like a badge in the tutorial you can only get by doing the tutorial. Skipped the tutorial? No badge.

But when the devs give you the tools which are as easy as to talk to an NPC it's not up to them to fix this self-imposed 'problem'. And it's like you said, if it's a memento and your villain has no reason to visit the dance floor in blue side it makes sense that they don't have that memento.

Anyway, none of my beeswax, if the devs put the badge where you can get it without breaking the roleplay I'm happy for you regardless.

16 minutes ago, Sovera said:

But when the devs give you the tools which are as easy as to talk to an NPC it's not up to them to fix this self-imposed 'problem'. And it's like you said, if it's a memento and your villain has no reason to visit the dance floor in blue side it makes sense that they don't have that memento.

I don't think of Null as a "tool" as much as a lingering work-around from when the servers were secret.  Null never had that functionality back on Live.  It was added, as far as I can tell, so the very limited population in the secret server days could in fact team.  All my villains eventually find themselves in Pocket D, so it annoys me to have yet another badges with credit but being impossible to complete unless I do a hack work-around to change alignments only briefly.  It's the same annoyance I have when, during the Spring Fling, I get told that I shouldn't  bother asking an opposing alignment to join me for the last mission but instead just talk to Nul to do it all solo.  I don't think staying to a particular alignment is a "problem"; rather, I think adding s badge that seems to me to be  primarily for the name/title but exclusive to Blueside is a "problem."

The underlying issue for me is that I feel as though development in this game assumes I'm Blueside or Rogue/Vigilante, and all my villains need is a pathetic nod as to why I'm once again doing heroics despite my alignment.  It feels like a penalty for making a Redside character.  I've disliked it ever since back in Issue 10 when the RWZ got added/revamped.

4 minutes ago, lemming said:

There are quite a few badges like that.

Of course, for those that play full time Praetorians, they're even more out of luck.

Sure, that's why I'm mentioning this.  People clearly have characters that stay a particular alignment, so I think it makes sense to note issues when that gets inadvertently transgressed.  

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

It also means you lose access to your alignment power for a week of real time, however much that matters.

Global: @Reiska, both here and back on live.

I was Erika Shimomura and Nagare Yuki on Virtue during the Live era.

Now I play on Everlasting. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Reiska said:

It also means you lose access to your alignment power for a week of real time, however much that matters.

That's an important part to bring up. I tend to use Fear Incarnate relatively often, and I definitely felt it when I had to swap redside to unlock the Patron pools.

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)