Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

11 hours ago, Nuclear_Fusion_Kid said:

My old toys from the attic 😀

I found my old coh stuff (printscreens, costume save files. old guides) on a old WD external drive from 2013. I have not touched this thing in 7 years. I didn't even know I still had the damn thing.

Two weeks later I found out coh is alive and has privet servers 😍

All of those are my old costumes. Edited 2 or 3 of them a bit but for the most part it's old stuff. Still have a lot of screen shots of old costumes I want to recreate.

3.jpg

You have a gift for the grotesque. 😵 This is about as edgy as the costume creator can get.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AzureAngel said:

You have a gift for the grotesque. 😵 This is about as edgy as the costume creator can get.

🤣 can't argue with the edgy part. I never was any good with creating bios and big back stories for my characters or costumes.

But (  Y  ) I always imagined how they would look on the cover of 70's or 80's comic book covers and the sales pitch:

"She is a normal pole dancer trying to make a living in the hard world... At night she transform in to a bloody revenant of vengeance killing radioactive vampires in the post apocalyptic nuclear war zone!"

Edited by Nuclear_Fusion_Kid
  • Haha 1

Weapons that deliver powerful combat-enhancing compounds, derived from various types of wasps, to the wielder - sounds like a great idea, right?  Well, it turns out prolonged use can cause changes in the wielder, and the effects are highly addictive.  Now, if that wasn't enough, this equipment only generates its effects while being used against an actual opponent.  Such constant prolonged use has led this person to call herself "The Overridden", (during those few moments of clarity she's able to manage after a prolonged battle)...

overridden 2.png

overridden.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 13

Remixing a bunch of the recent costume ideas on this thread into a new one: Succubuzz (Science Corruptor Sonic Blast/Pain Dom)

DBkvMvc.jpg

PE06ILW.jpg

A mad scientist tries to create his perfect love slave using genetic material stolen from the Vahzilok when fly DNA was accidentally mixed in. Before he could terminate his mistake, his creation subdues him and feasts on his vital fluids using her... posterior proboscis...

When she's not flying around disturbing the denizens of the Rogue Isles with her ecstatic moans, she can be found enjoying the comfort foods of her fly heritage.

• Like 10

On 12/5/2020 at 3:52 AM, Peacemaker said:

Dames - Is a character for an AE mission I have been wanting to work on.  The idea is a playing card themed villain group known as the Court of Crowns.  There are 4 sisters representing the 4 Queens

Judith (Hearts), Rachel (Diamonds), Pallas (Spades), Argine (Clubs)  In the AE arc the Dames sisters will each have separate styles and powers but for gameplay Dames is an Illusion/pain Controller.  Their story will be intertwined with that of my Thug/Time Mastermind The Accomplice, the sharp dressed criminal kingpin of the Getaways villain group. 

screenshot_201204-12-38-52.jpg

screenshot_201204-12-36-32.jpg

You really knock it out of the park with your criminal-themed characters. They all stand out with their clean & simple,  yet impactful looks. Recently ran some missions with Accomplice, and I've always thought Counterfeit was an amazing design as well (and only made better by the mirror image illusions fitting his name).

• Like 1

Was playing with some ideas for campy villains and it led me to this sketchball: The Scribbler. He's a sentient mechanical pencil/pen that's able to draw intricate illusions with his lead and ink. This maniacal multi-pen is fully equipped to grade papers, file taxes, and liberate his fellow writing utensils.

1952394367_Screenshot2020-12-08023316.thumb.png.efa943b95f04ac174e0f66af5f1a000a.png1659080511_Screenshot2020-12-08022720.png.59c951f28904c1680821227f5e96df7c.png

Scribbler's illusions are all grey to simulate a drawn to life effect, which I think work particularly well for the Nature Affinity powers that mimic still lifes and landscapes.  

1152897507_Screenshot2020-12-08022346.png.0c82ede2b99a0f36d3d7f454f7acf2fb.png

One of the more fun aspects of this character is the combination of the slide stance with a gray frost path aura, this way he just slides around the city leaving a trail of scribbles behind him. 

screenshot_201208-02-18-38.jpg.6fa2746fde22fb23a0e9ae7007720c1b.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 2

Okay as a relatively new (returned) player, I finally have to ask a dumb question.

Some of the graphics in this thread look closer to Champions Online than City of Heroes.  At first, I thought people were posting costumes from both games.  Is there a setting or something in CoH that makes it look more like CO, or am I just imagining visual differences?

Original CoH player [2004-2012]; Freedom Server

1 hour ago, Crimson621 said:

Okay as a relatively new (returned) player, I finally have to ask a dumb question.

Some of the graphics in this thread look closer to Champions Online than City of Heroes.  At first, I thought people were posting costumes from both games.  Is there a setting or something in CoH that makes it look more like CO, or am I just imagining visual differences?

Ok here's the deal - one of the things that SCORE apparently did in the 6 years in the wilderness was experiment with the graphics. (And untangling the game code as best they could. And removing all the pay-to-play elements etc.) 
One of the more interesting things they've done is add a cel shader option!
Where is it? Well I'll show you. Below - see under "Experimental Graphics Settings" where it says "Cel Shader"?
xwcStO6.png

Click on "Disabled" in order to Enable this area. 

bh6BGSq.png

So - let's check out the differences. Let me bring my namesake character out, which is a big anime styled robot. The following is without the cel shader.

HfPJPMa.png

And now - with the default settings for the Cel shader on:

dhCd673.png

Here's the open environment with the default cel shading elements going. 

FYVH4xn.png

Now that's pretty extreme. But you can tone that WAY back. The following still has the cel shading and the outlines, but the over-saturated colors are removed. 

xqb8SBt.png

And here it is with everything BUT the actual cel shader back down to normal. 

4u4jew3.png

So as you can see, you can tailor this new set of options to your own personal taste. 

Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Sparrows said:

Was playing with some ideas for campy villains and it led me to this sketchball: The Scribbler. He's a sentient mechanical pencil/pen that's able to draw intricate illusions with his lead and ink. This maniacal multi-pen is fully equipped to grade papers, file taxes, and liberate his fellow writing utensils.

1952394367_Screenshot2020-12-08023316.thumb.png.efa943b95f04ac174e0f66af5f1a000a.png  

I love this!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

Ok here's the deal - one of the things that SCORE apparently did in the 6 years in the wilderness was experiment with the graphics. (And untangling the game code as best they could. And removing all the pay-to-play elements etc.) 
One of the more interesting things they've done is add a cel shader option!
Where is it? Well I'll show you. Below - see under "Experimental Graphics Settings" where it says "Cel Shader"?
xwcStO6.png

Click on "Disabled" in order to Enable this area. 

bh6BGSq.png

So as you can see, you can tailor this new set of options to your own personal taste. 

Have fun!

On mine, the only thing I do with the experimental graphics settings enabled is to set outlines on (at the minimal setting).  No oversaturation or posterization of colors, no cel lighting...  just outlines, because it makes it feel just a little more like a comic book style without changing everything too much from what I'm used to.

7 hours ago, Sparrows said:

1952394367_Screenshot2020-12-08023316.thumb.png.efa943b95f04ac174e0f66af5f1a000a.png

42 minutes ago, AzureAngel said:

I love this!

Me too.

• Like 1