Forum Reputation

VileTerror

15 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

I mean this is true, I do exist after all. Dont worry everyone, I love you all like that creepy uncle;)

Mine is a “Make My Day” state, so we don’t have things like creepy uncles, except maybe above Alexandria, LA...

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

7 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

Just make them fuzzy handbuffs and it's all good...😏

It's one of the customization options under Weapons. Fuzzy, spiked, frosted, flaming, dark aura, and my favorite... electric aura.

• 4 months later
40 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

I can never post anything ever again.

I couldn't let your post go un-liked, so you get one more post. Make it a good one!

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, EmmySky said:

BEHOLD!!!

I have managed to get my post count and rep count to match!

I can never post anything ever again.

Joy and grief!

I tried to do that.  Just keeps getting further apart with every wise nugget I post. 😉

• Haha 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

On those few little days that I've won... I find myself wondering if that happened because something I said struck people as a Good Thing, or if it was something bone-headed that resulted in a pile of google-eyed WTFs. 

Even odds, I'd say. 🤣 

• Haha 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

13 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

On those few little days that I've won... I find myself wondering if that happened because something I said struck people as a Good Thing, or if it was something bone-headed that resulted in a pile of google-eyed WTFs. 

Even odds, I'd say. 🤣 

The shocked silence can be quite overwhelming too.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Hyper1776.thumb.jpg.acd7e66c22a711998686e685099e2ec5.jpg

/\

|

Good year!

41 minutes ago, Twisted Toon said:

/\

|

Good year!

I'm more of a Sears tire guy....

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 2/17/2020 at 7:30 PM, VileTerror said:

This might sound a little horn-tooty, so I apologize for that upfront, but I have always been a bit curious about the amount of stock and the potential usefulness of the forum's Reputation system.  And, notably, the "Days Won" Leaderboard.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/pastleaders/?sortdirection=desc

I know that, as a metric, Reputation isn't really reliably able to measure anything other than how many times other users clicked a button.  But I do also think it provides an interesting level of insight in to social trends of the subset of the community who frequent the forums, and how they interact with one another.

Christopher Robin, for example, absolutely DOMINATES in the "Days Won" category.  From my research, that's largely from their involvement in the Multimedia board here.  Not to undermine the worth of those posts and the positive impact they apparently have on a significant number of community members, I did notice that few of those "Days Won" were for posts in General or Suggestions; two boards which I tend to frequent more often.  So, I would conclude (rightly or wrongly) that the Reputation garnered in the Art boards isn't really comparable to the Rep generated in those other boards.  Different social dynamics are at play, with different goals and expectations.

Naturally, the Homecoming Team have some great Rep too.  It's sometimes odd to me, though, when a regular user beats out a Dev on a day when a big announcement is made!  I'm curious as to what underlying trends affect that sort of thing.

I don't want to put too much stock in to something that, ultimately, isn't all that important nor meets a level of rigour to pass a burden of truth threshold.  But I do like to read between the lines and try to work my head around the sociological impacts and causes which are illuminated by systems like this.

Anybody else, or is this kinda just a "me thing?"

I find these kind of forum gaming score systems to be silly/stupid.   If someone makes fantastic posts on topics that a good but not in a way that is just to write or show off, then that is great.   But something like this doesn't have any value to me.  It is a poor brag to brag about imo.

• Like 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: