So...what's this I hear about changes to TW?

13 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

It was mentioned in chat last night, is there a description of said changes in planning, etc?

It is said to be overperforming, so I heard they're considering some nerfs.
All graphics for it are going to be changed to the character wielding either a nerf bat, water-filled balloon, or cream pie on the end of a stick. Sounds will be changed to match.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Coyote said:

All graphics for it are going to be changed to the character wielding either a nerf bat, water-filled balloon, or cream pie on the end of a stick. Sounds will be changed to match.

I think it would be amazing if a nerf bat was an added option after any changes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I think it would be amazing if a nerf bat was an added option after any changes.

It would be more amazing if all of the sound effects were changed to exclamations from the Scooby Doo cartoon.

"Jeepers!"

"Zoinks!"

"Raggy, relp!"

Yeah.  I'd play that like a fiddle at a hoedown.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

17 hours ago, JnEricsonx said:

Thank God.  I happen to love my TW/WP brute.  Barring a couple Sound Effects changes it works just fine for me!

I’m glad the strongest set in the entire game works fine for you 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, Coyote said:

Stooges Mastermind?

TW will become tw (tiny weapons). Animations will no longer have you picking up a railroad crossing or telephone pole as a weapon, you will instead pick up a screw driver or a twig.  Arc of Destruction will be renamed Arc of Defacing and Momentum will become Momentary Inconvenience as your enemy says ouch then hits you in the face.

*Disclaimer: All predictions wrong, or your money back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I'd imagine TW is being looked at because it's the top melee damage against stationary targets.  However, it only runs away with the melee game on Scrappers due to Tankers needing to reposition and Taunt/retarget, and Brutes needing to maintain Fury, with both of these dropping realistic dps due to the Momentum mechanic.  Scrappers not only get the top dps with TW but they also don't suffer any drawbacks in the process.

The difference between TW and Fiery/WM is staggeringly broken on Scrapper, but much more in line with the downsides on Tanker/Brute.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

TW will become tw (tiny weapons). Animations will no longer have you picking up a railroad crossing or telephone pole as a weapon, you will instead pick up a screw driver or a twig.  Arc of Destruction will be renamed Arc of Defacing and Momentum will become Momentary Inconvenience as your enemy says ouch then hits you in the face.

Death by tea cup, disappearing pencil, Clippy... uh oh, I went too far, didn't I...

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Death by tea cup, disappearing pencil, Clippy... uh oh, I went too far, didn't I...

Not far enough! Would a nerfbat be too on the nose?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I was under the impression it wasn’t just TW but specifically TW/Bio on a Scrapper that was “ridiculously overpowered,” and thus on the short list for nerfs per Capt Powerhouse.

TW/anything else isn’t in the same league as TW/Bio.

12 hours ago, Luminara said:

It would be more amazing if all of the sound effects were changed to exclamations from the Scooby Doo cartoon.

"Jeepers!"

"Zoinks!"

"Raggy, relp!"

Yeah.  I'd play that like a fiddle at a hoedown.

As fun as the nerf bat and Scooby sounds options, I want "Batman" (1966) option that has visual sound!  Sort of like this, promised in 2008, never delivered. 🙂

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/April_Fools'_Day#Article:_City_Of_Heroes_Announces_Visual_Sounds.21

City Of Heroes Announces Visual Sounds!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

NCsoft NorCal is proud to announce a new feature for the City of Heroes® and City of Villains® games; that of Visual Sounds. Visual Sounds are based on the comic book staple of onomatopoeia, or the use of a word to replace a sound. Classic comic book examples are “Pow” and “Ka-Boom!” in colorful bubbles while heroes and villains are slugging it out. City of Heroes takes a huge stride forward by replacing simple sounds with the exciting new visual medium of Visual Sounds.

Sound Effect #1

“I know it sounds crazy,” said Brian Clayton, the Executive Producer and head of the NC NorCal office, “but our research shows that a lot of people are building their own computers nowadays, and sometimes you forget to purchase speakers or headphones. Our market is those gamers who want a full gaming experience without having to listen to the game.” Visual Sounds will be included in the upcoming Issue 12, which is being re-christened “Issue 12: Pow, Biff, Boom, Bam!” in honor of this new system.

Sound Effect #2

“I have always been an advocate of using the theater of the mind,” said Matt “Positron” Miller, Lead Designer on the titles. “When you read a book, you give the characters their own voices, and when you watch a movie based on that book you can’t help but be disappointed when what your mind came up with was better. That’s the way this system works. Whatever sounds we put into the game can’t compare to what you can imagine with your own mind, so why even try?”

Sound Effect #3

Ken Morse, the Lead Artist on the title was excited. “It’s going to be a lot more work for our department, but I think the end results are totally worth it.” He said. Players can optionally disable the Visual Sounds in the options menu, but are encouraged to keep them on, as all the sounds in the game are being removed to make room on the players’ hard drives for the new Visual Sound graphics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Veracor said:

The difference between TW and Fiery/WM is staggeringly broken on Scrapper, but much more in line with the downsides on Tanker/Brute.

I think a lot of folks would be staggeringly baffled by the fact that War Mace does about just as well as Titan Weapons, yet no one's protesting that one.

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

Gravity Control's Propel used to be hilarious with the items it scrounged up to fling.

12 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I think a lot of folks would be staggeringly baffled by the fact that War Mace does about just as well as Titan Weapons, yet no one's protesting that one.

To be honest TW seems like it better and larger AOE as well. And most of that is included in it's ST rotation. Which is nuts.

Edited by Tiklandian

12 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Yeah, I'm thinking bio armor needs a looking-at too.  -Res and -regen and +dmg in an armor set is overpowered, and any survivability tradeoffs can be compensated for with IOs and incarnate powers, plus the fact that TW has knockdown on a bunch of attacks for additional mitigation.

I have a TW/WP scrapper.  Didn't much take to the set.  I build full game characters that are just as happy on a Penny Yin as they are on Ms. Liberty.  The set is just painful when exemped down that far.   And I found Momentum difficult to manage, and again, clumsy and slow below max level. 

I think that TW is like Stone Armor.  It needs to excel at something because its inconveniences are so annoying. 

• Thanks 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 hour ago, Eva Destruction said:

Yeah, I'm thinking bio armor needs a looking-at too.  -Res and -regen and +dmg in an armor set is overpowered, and any survivability tradeoffs can be compensated for with IOs and incarnate powers, plus the fact that TW has knockdown on a bunch of attacks for additional mitigation.

Remember that the game is still balanced around SO builds, not what you can do with IO sets and specials.

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice