I can't believe I got that name!

DoctorDitko

On 7/30/2020 at 10:17 AM, Outrider_01 said:

Because passing out and convulsions are a good thing.  Waking up and not remembering, loosing 20 minutes of your life as your mind reboots so you redo that act.  Starting a medical regime of pills for the rest of your life, not driving for up to 2.5 years taking them to show the situation is under control or you can kill someone with several tons of metal.  Chipping a tooth as your head bounces off asphalt.

Did you know seizures can be triggered by the strangest things?  Flashing lights is a common one, got to advert those eyes just incase.  Smart phones or computer screens, easy trigger if you scroll to fast.  Heard one person had seizures caused by the voice of a certain singer. 

I would know, some of those things happened to me.  Fake tooth covering like a press on nail, kinda expensive  and dentist said 3 years or so, its been 7 so she is astounded its still there. My youngest cousin has it  worst, nobody can show a phone screen and scroll too fast as she will zone out.

Not offended more dumb founded how Epilepsy is a good name.  Got some suggestions for you

- Cancer 

- Diabetes 

- Alzheimers

- PTSD

- ADHD

- Tourettes

- Downs Syndrome

- Corona totals

Plenty of diseases and physical/mentally disabilities out there for character names.  Probably available as well, because no one would want to use it. 

Well, we already have 'Shock Treatment' in game as a villain, to there's that. Not to mention Epilepsy due to the convulsion was kind of the point as an Elec/ controller. Seems apt for a name.  Cancer could be a good name, actually, and not just for the disease, but also the crab aspect of it. Diabetes? Not sure what kind of powers that would have.

Alzheimers and Tourettes could be Mind/ Controllers or dominators, for sure. PTSD could have fear-based powers that bring up past trauma, but doesn't snap as a name. ADHD? That's just a /Kin ;p. Downs Syndrome isn't a snappy name, and not sure what powers would have so wouldn't do well. Corona totals? That doesn't make sense as a name, admittedly.

Nothing wrong with using disease or afflictions for Hero/Villain names. Shell Shock? That's one. Shock Treatment? Another. The we have Hollow Point?(Notoriously know as 'cop killer' bullets?) Mangle? I'm sure someone that was actually crippled appreciates that... Names are snappy and relatable to explain a power, that's how I see it. As Such Epilepsy, neuro-electro convulsions that make you lose control of motor functions and possible black out? Ideal name for an Electric Control character.

• Like 1

I do a lot of name-based names (ie Crater Kate), which allow you to get great alliteration going, sound very super, and give a lot of flexibility with concept.

However, I do have a handful (on Everlasting) that I am super proud to have:

• Tiger Moth
  • Crowning Glory
  • Snowfire
  • Thunderstreak
  • (The) Consciousness
  • Soul Sister
  • Tanager
  • Checkerboard
  • Like 1

Another surprise pickup. Rad/rad brute. Ultraviolent Ray. Seems like an obvious play to me...

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Some awesome grabs on Reunion that I'm happy with:

Kitbash

Vessel

Soldat

Moribund

Snakeskin

Ermine

I gave up Combatant in favour of Soldat. It just wasn't working for me. If anyone on Reunion wants that name, it's released to the wild.

• Like 3

It being Shark Week and all... I'm a little surprised Carcharias was available on Everlasting. (I took the  Greek spelling, with a K. It seemed more appropriate for an aquamancer. So... somebody else. Go build a shark! 😁)

ETA: How can we not have a shark-fin emoji?!? Mako would be most displeased. 

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Just set up a new scrapper on Excelsior, WOLF AT THE DOOR, with that big riot shield with the viewplate in it, so it sort of looks like... a door?  I took broadsword for his attack although I'm not super sold on that yet.  Anyway, his catchphrase is "Knock knock!"

ETA; oh yeah, he deffo has a wolf's head, I forgot to mention.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, gourdhead said:

Had an inspiration.  Water based, mermaid themed sentinel.  Ariel Assault.  I was amazed that the name was available 🙂

She would have to have Fly, or at least Hover.

She flies through the air with the greatest of ease.

That little mermaid is such a tease.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Twisted Toon said:

She would have to have Fly, or at least Hover.

She flies through the air with the greatest of ease.

That little mermaid is such a tease.

Absolutely.  I just wish there was a way for her to have a mermaid tail while she was flying 🙂

Not sure I mentioned another obvious, punlicious name.

Celery. For a stalker. 

• Haha 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

most of my names are idiosyncratic and so not germane to the thread. 

On Reunion I have “One”

Excelsior I have some names that seemed like they could have been taken. 

Specialman

the Boston Mass

Copycat

I also got Mystery Man. But I met the guy who has that as his global so I gave it to him. Now I have Mystery-Man. 

• Like 3

Elizadeath

Surcharges

Komit

Shugah

Drizzel

Cheshire Brat

Blitz N.

Ere

Libbertay

Liesalot

Sweet Vengence

Hard Candi

Dark Valli

Alli Oop

Instead of using y's I prefer using i's. Just a quirk.

Edit: In mission I was on "Shugah," someone in the Team asked "What's with all the dark folks around lately?"

Shugah is African-American girl, "Excuse me??"  He clarified how he noticed there's a lot of players using Dark powers.

Edited by Nemeroff
  • Like 1

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

1 hour ago, Nemeroff said:

Elizadeath

Surcharges

Komit

Shugah

Drizzel

Cheshire Brat

Blitz N.

Ere

Libbertay

Liesalot

Sweet Vengence

Hard Candi

Dark Valli

Alli Oop

Instead of using y's I prefer using i's. Just a quirk.

Edit: In mission I was on "Shugah," someone in the Team asked "What's with all the dark folks around lately?"

Shugah is African-American girl, "Excuse me?"  I thought a race war was brewing.  He clarified how he noticed there's a lot of players using Dark powers.

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

Some names I was surprised to get when I started playing on Excelsior, although now my friends play on Torch and I can't move them over because they're already taken:

Battle Babe

Beat

Blixt

Blood Mage

Bricks

Cheater

Crafter

Crazy Train

Dervish

Destined One

Expert

F-Bomb

First

Flood

Glory Hammer

Headstrong

Hotness

Legendary

Mighty One

Omnipotence

Origin

Pact

Peerless

Poledancer

Spine

Struggle

Sunder

Superstition

Upgrade

Violence

Windbreaker

If you have any of the highlighted ones on Torch and want to move to Excelsior, I'd be happy to trade.  The ones that aren't highlighted I ended up making different versions of on Torch or just stopped playing for now but haven't quite given up on, so apologies but they haven't been released back into the pool yet.  Could be open for negotiation, however, if I need to sweeten the pot on on of the highlighted names.

• Like 1