State of the Project - August 2020

Jimmy

40 minutes ago, MrFireBrand said:

Now that's true! I have one for the game I'm building so that part I get.

The First Rule of NDA: You can't discuss the NDA.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

• Retired Developer
1 minute ago, Rathulfr said:

The First Rule of NDA: You can't discuss the NDA.

@Jimmy knows why I know that now.

• Like 4

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

I'm looking forward to Freakshow Masterminds, Sonic knockbacks, and more butt-cape options!

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

2 hours ago, MrFireBrand said:

With all due respect and if I can post this here without anyone bringing pitch forks. But is there anyway you can prove that you have been in talks with NCSoft? It's easy these days to just say "trust us!" while continued request for donations are being taken. It would be the same as holding your palm closed and telling others there's gold inside but you can't show them.. and they can only just trust its there, also known as blind faith that's being ran off the honor system. I hope you can see where I'm coming from without bringing the pitch forks. Like I said before, I can tell you I have five top of the line cars, three houses and a unicorn in the back named Gary.

If what you're saying is true, then that's fantastic news for the community. But it would be nice to see receipts of said conversations.

I highly doubt that they can legally tell us anything without it blowing up in their faces. That's how these things work. Plus, it is likely that there are many things that are not set in stone so why get people's hopes up by showing us some things only for NCSoft to say no later. They'll tell you what they can, when they can so long as it doesn't jeopardize what they are working towards. NCSoft hasn't shut us down, so obviously they are talking and being cool about these servers. That is enough proof for me, imo.

Also, those donations go towards keeping things running around here, something of which they have been transparent on.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

grad2.png.a1378650bb36aa777bf1b461bb4488ea.png

• Retired Game Master

Linux, while I can't guarantee across distros the same magic (I'll give Fedora a shot for an RPM-based distro over APT next), it was as simple for me as Ubuntu 20.04 > Lutris > Homecoming Launcher > Install.  The new Launcher caught the Tequila files and migrated them over automatically.  If it doesn't work after patch, configure the launcher once more and make sure DXVK is turned on for Vulkan/OpenGL support.  But that's it.

I did have to change the Lutris launcher after install to point to the final patcher location in the Wine C Drive, but once done, it worked.  (Because I'm on NVidia, that means using the "Version 440" closed source driver and not the open source hot-ness that is Noveau, so none of the Wayland goodness is possible for me yet.  But with that, Linux and Windows performance is pretty evenly matched!)

Stay tuned. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

With all due respect and if I can post this here without anyone bringing pitch forks. But is there anyway you can prove that you have been in talks with NCSoft? It's easy these days to just say "trust us!" while continued request for donations are being taken. It would be the same as holding your palm closed and telling others there's gold inside but you can't show them.. and they can only just trust its there, also known as blind faith that's being ran off the honor system. I hope you can see where I'm coming from without bringing the pitch forks. Like I said before, I can tell you I have five top of the line cars, three houses and a unicorn in the back named Gary.

If what you're saying is true, then that's fantastic news for the community. But it would be nice to see receipts of said conversations.

I would tend to think the answer to this is simply "no".   Personally I am absolutely convinced by the nonsensical name change and other rename/new social media creations.  It screams of a deal specifying trademark use.  But I can't imagine any way that it could possibly matter whether anyone believes them or not.  So I'd suggest you just disbelieve them until you see some evidence... and I'll just believe them absolutely... and I can't see any way that makes our choices to DO anything in any way different.  I mean I'd happily give them money but I've never had a chance because the donate window has always closed before I could get to it.

Edited by Ohioknight
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

That wasn't my question. My question was asking if there was any proof of said talks. Meaning to show that any form of communication has taken place.  That shouldn't be hard to show and doesn't require any form of legality too it.

EDIT: Already answered above.

Edited by golstat2003

2 hours ago, GM Brax said:

Every level of potato available to us is being thrown at it.  But, when the testing expands, I'm sure there will be levels of potato out there that we haven't thought possible.  Any and all potatoes will be put to the test that day, in the hopes that this thing is as bullet-proof as possible when it goes live.

Brax, can you tell us if it's been through a pass with WINE/Lutris yet? (I'll volunteer myself as a guinea pig once general testing begins if necessary.)

GM Tahquitz already got it:

Linux, while I can't guarantee across distros the same magic (I'll give Fedora a shot for an RPM-based distro over APT next), it was as simple for me as Ubuntu 20.04 > Lutris > Homecoming Launcher > Install.  The new Launcher caught the Tequila files and migrated them over automatically.  If it doesn't work after patch, configure the launcher once more and make sure DXVK is turned on for Vulkan/OpenGL support.  But that's it.

Also, @Jimmy, is there any way we could get SVGs or similar of the logos so we can have HQ icons for our various launchers? I'm already using the 'HC' PNG in place of the old and busted Statesman Square.ico

Edited by mechahamham
GM response

2 hours ago, GM Brax said:

Every level of potato available to us is being thrown at it.  But, when the testing expands, I'm sure there will be levels of potato out there that we haven't thought possible.  Any and all potatoes will be put to the test that day, in the hopes that this thing is as bullet-proof as possible when it goes live.

Should rebuild the system I started COH on.

*Starts hunting Ebay for a Thunderbird 1 Ghz and Maatrox Mystique 440*

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, MrFireBrand said:

But is there anyway you can prove that you have been in talks with NCSoft? It's easy these days to just say "trust us!" while continued request for donations are being taken.

If you have even the SLIGHTEST concern in this matter, don't donate.

But don't presume to speak for anyone else or try to 'protect' us.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 hours ago, Indystruck said:

Hmm. Sonic set. Sonic Manipulation?

I'm noticing the sonic shields are on the person casting a sonic attack, despite the fact that you can't cast the support barriers on yourself.  I think they're making an armor set for Tankers/Brutes/Scrappers/Stalkers/Sentinels themed around sound-based abilities, and are showing a sentinel using it.  That's my guess.

NDAs are a pain in the... everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

...Dr. Vahz working with Freakshow/Lost to integrate Rikti tech? So Dr. Vahz gets new toys and semi-immortal test subjects and the Freak have been promised a cure for... some kind of degenerative disease as a result of constantly injecting Mt. Dew?  Or maybe just new tech.

That looks like the bio armor aura

@Jimmy

For Project: Hangover, you mentioned that at some point in the near future it will be rolled out to begin replacing Tequila/Island rum (at least that is what I'm interpreting from the announcement), do we have a timetable of when to expect having to download it once it is tested and confirmed as stable? Does Hangover work with Senticon/Paragon Chat?

Also do we have confirmation of it working on Vista Potatoes? 😛 (aka Windows Vista)

I definitely like the new snapshots and the new stuff, very tantalizing 😄 

Edited by Panthonca7034
Adding additional comments