I'm coming home

Mucera

Was hanging out with a few colleagues and one mentioned MMOs. While talking we went on a nostalgia trip about CoH/CoV.

Came home and googled it for some old videos. What do i see, it's been back for over a year and the universe in its cruel ways kept that information from me.

No more. It's time.

I'm coming home.

Oh my, so many replies ! 🙂

Quick update, after creating only a dozen chars and not getting one past 10 i am reasonably sure i will now settle on Elec/Energy Stalker.

Primarily because it is the one class i never played back in the day.

Will be trying out Excelsior Server.

Anyone else having the worst case of altoholism in this game ?=

Quick update to the update, Sentinel it is. Dual Pistol/Willpower. I can feel it, this is the one. Now all i need to do is find the most boring looking groups so nobody gives me any ideas.

Edited by Mucera
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mucera said:

Was hanging out with a few colleagues and one mentioned MMOs. While talking we went on a nostalgia trip about CoH/CoV.

Came home and googled it for some old videos. What do i see, it's been back for over a year and the universe in its cruel ways kept that information from me.

No more. It's time.

I'm coming home.

Welcome home!

(If you head over to this thread, you can find instructions for how to take advantage of @Yomo Kimyata's kind and generous offer to set you up with some starting inf.)

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Welcome Home!

And, if you haven't already chosen a Shard (although Shard Transfers are free and replenish weekly), here's a little blurb about each:

Everlasting - Officially Unofficial Roleplay Shard.  Sports the highest Redside population.

Indomitable - Officially Unofficial PvP Shard.  Same rules as any Shard, but PvP players tend to congregate here.

Reunion - Official European Shard.  It's based out of Germany, while all the other Shards on Homecoming are based in a server clutser based out of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Torchbearer - The original Homecoming Shard.  It's where it all began.

Excelsior - Most populous Shard.  If you were a fan of Freedom back during Retail/Legacy, then this one might be your speed.

There are also Aeon and Brainstorm, the Beta Shards where "cheat" debug commands are expressly activated, but characters are subject to deletion without notice.  I believe we also occasionally have a couple of Release Test Shards when the time comes, though I can't remember their names off the top of my head.  You can access these by changing your Manifest file to: https://manifest.cohcc.gg/testing.xml

• Like 1

Homecoming, not just a name. Welcome back you have a lot of catching up to do.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

17 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

That first log in on Homecoming ... was hard to see the screen for a bit, there was definitely something in my eyes.

Welcome!

Sok,  The same thing happens every time I watch the end of Babylon 5, as I commented on to JMS some years back.   🙂  But hey, since 2020 has been a slaughterhouse dumpster fire, you got one good thing going!

I was walking through a grocery store when the piped in music started playing 'Word Up' by Korn which made me think of this video (not a rickroll I promise). While doing my best (worst) Spider-Man 3 homage dance through the store (to many an odd look) I started thinking about CoH. As soon as I got home I looked up Titan Network's Hail Mary thread and was shocked to see all the hullabaloo about some secret server operating in the shadows. A few weeks (and a failed start or two) later I was logging in here. 

2 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

That was me, almost a month ago.

Welcome home.  Don't settle on one character. Settle on ten.  Kick ass. Raise hell. Have a good time.

This place is amazing.

10? amateur. some people here are working with over 100. And they still haven't settled.

Personally, I have about 35 or so, and still make more when I think up a new concept...and find my round tuit.

Best I can do with the three minutes I had:

Welcome back, lost since we were kicked out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you kicked about

Well the heroes they all changed since you hung around
But those keys have remained and can be re-bound

Yeah all the scapper's lock, trollers locking down the block
Welcome back
Welcome back
Welcome back

• Like 1