Focused Feedback: Map Changes

Jimmy

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • The most up-to-date version of the changes will be listed in the first post.
  • The changes in each build will be posted as replies.
    • Most changes from the previous beta build are listed in green.
      • Green text will become white text in the next set of patch notes.
    • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (ie: fixes / tweaks to new features) are listed in blue.
      • Blue text will be deleted in the next set of patch notes as it is only relevant to highlight changes between beta builds, not a changes from live.
    • Known issues are listed in purple.

Map Changes

• Minor tweaks and additions to Steel Canyon, Skyway City and Faultline for the new story arcs (contacts, mission locations, etc)

Pocket D

• War Witch has been relocated to the ground floor of the club, just underneath her previous location
    • This change was made in order to minimize disruption to any roleplay going on in the upper floor
  • An entrance to Recluse's Victory has been added to the Pocket D arena
    • DJ Zero doesn't approve of fighting, so if you use this exit, there's no way back to the club from Recluse's Victory - you're on your own

Kings Row

Under advisement from Vanguard, the Paragon City Council has demolished and sealed shut the former tunnel connecting Kings Row to Galaxy City and reinforced that section of the War Wall to protect the citizens of Kings Row after the strange energy spike that destroyed the teleporter network. The Kelly Graham Foundation has commissioned a new statue of Galaxy Girl to stand in the former location of the Hazard Zone gate, and a small ceremony was held with the former residents of Paragon Heights.

• The tunnel that previously connected Kings Row to Galaxy City has been sealed
    • A new statue of Galaxy Girl stands where the tunnel used to be
    • This also fixes this area of the War Wall not turning off during Rikti Invasions
  • Minor updates and additions for the new story arcs

Independence Port

• The power lines above Admiral Sutter's helicopter have been moved

All PvP Zones

• Accolades, most Incarnate powers and various temporary powers are now disabled
  • See the PvP Updates section above for more info

Recluse's Victory

• Support AVs now spawn at level 52 instead of level 54

Siren's Call

• Rotated the entire zone by 90° in order to match the city map
  • Added a Free Fire Zone Helicopter to the top of the Hero hospital
    • A rooftop access door has been added

Peregrine Island

• Added a Free Fire Zone Helicopter near the Arena

Perez Park

• Hazard lights added to the Galaxy City gate

Ouroboros

• Can now be accessed at any level through an Ouroboros Portal

Cimerora

• Can now be accessed at any level (rather than 35+) as long as you can access The Midnighter Club

Echo: Galaxy City

• Closed the Perez Park gate
  • Added an Echo transporter (was previously using the monorail as an exit)

City Map

• The old city cartographer has... retired
  • After 15 years, Brickstown is now the correct shape on the city map

citymap-i26-min.thumb.png.b6d7a6d377b3149bc18b5c372d85abf0.png

• Like 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council

Build 1 - October 24th, 2020

Spoiler

Map Changes

• Minor tweaks and additions to Steel Canyon, Skyway City and Faultline for the new story arcs (contacts, mission locations, etc)

Pocket D

• War Witch has been relocated to the ground floor of the club, just underneath her previous location
    • This change was made in order to minimize disruption to any roleplay going on in the upper floor

Kings Row

Under advisement from Vanguard, the Paragon City Council has demolished and sealed shut the former tunnel connecting Kings Row to Galaxy City and reinforced that section of the War Wall to protect the citizens of Kings Row after the strange energy spike that destroyed the teleporter network. The Kelly Graham Foundation has commissioned a new statue of Galaxy Girl to stand in the former location of the Hazard Zone gate, and a small ceremony was held with the former residents of Paragon Heights.

• This also fixes this area of the War Wall not turning off during Rikti Invasions

Independence Port

The Paragon Power authority was alerted to a major oversight in paperwork when Admiral Sutter docked in Independence Port, placing his active-duty helicopter directly under live power lines. Instead of trying to argue with the government for weeks, the PPA has instead diverted the wiring and given a direct terminal feed to the local hospital, which needs it with all the Lusca victims and Terra Volta defenders (Who don't read the manual when it comes to the radiation shielding) it treats on a daily basis.

Perez Park

Ouroboros

Cimerora

• Can now be accessed at any level (rather than 35+) as long as you can access The Midnighter Club

City Map

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Hoping this is the correct place for this feedback:

In the patch notes it was mentioned that "Minor geometry fixes to Siren's Call, Talos Island, Port Oaks and Atlas Park" were implemented. I had reported several geometry errors which allow access outside of each of these zones. It appears that two of those which I reported are still active and accessible.

Talos Island:

Location: 542.6 -2.0 6181.8. Another instance of the geometry being raised enough to allow a teleport underneath. See TP marker as white. Tested and worked.

Spoiler

1421304089_TalosIsland.thumb.jpg.62e8c723f3f4ee7f670171e1ccc3b273.jpg

Siren's Call:

Location: -648.0 -137.6 -276.9. The camera angle needs to be as depicted (in the screenshot) in order for the teleport cursor to appear white and allow activation. Tested and confirmed multiple times.

Spoiler

1162404830_UnderSirensCall.thumb.jpg.31a8aa7425f1181846fa4357055cc615.jpg

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

So, that High rez map needs some correction:

The train line going into/out of Salamanca/Croatoa is a straight line south out of the zone; the train doesn't curve within the zone itself.

The train line in IP is mostly straight; it has a few 90 degree turns, but the scale of the City map would make those hard to replicate.

The train line going out of Talos doesn't go through the North part of the wall, and CERTAINLY doesn't go through the Hollows! Heck, the more I look, the worse it gets!

Of course, that's how the old map has them, but, it's wrong, so as long as you're fixing things, maybe fix that? 😃

4 hours ago, Blackfeather said:

That looks nice! Is that linked on the HC wiki somewhere?

The "old" version is visible on this page: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Paragon_City

I can't speak for the other HC wiki contributors, but unless something clearly needs changing immediately I'll probably hold off adding anything from i27p1 to the wiki until it is out of beta and onto the live servers.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1

Perhaps a note on the plaque saying that Galaxy Girl's statue was restored and moved to its current location, perhaps as the first of a number of statues to be moved from Galaxy City to other zones?

Alternatively perhaps a second plaque, as part of a lore series on the ongoing rebuilding efforts?

The street light placement relative to the statue isn't ideal, either, but I don't think that there's a variant that's better than what's already there?

• Like 3

• City Council

Build 2 - October 31st, 2020

Map Changes

Pocket D

• An entrance to Recluse's Victory has been added to the Pocket D arena
    • DJ Zero doesn't approve of fighting, so if you use this exit, there's no way back to the club from Recluse's Victory - you're on your own

Kings Row

Independence Port

The Paragon Power authority was alerted to a major oversight in paperwork when Admiral Sutter docked in Independence Port, placing his active-duty helicopter directly under live power lines. Instead of trying to argue with the government for weeks, the PPA has instead diverted the wiring and given a direct terminal feed to the local hospital, which needs it with all the Lusca victims and Terra Volta defenders (Who don't read the manual when it comes to the radiation shielding) it treats on a daily basis.

Siren's Call

• Added a Free Fire Zone Helicopter to the top of the Hero hospital

Perez Park

Ouroboros

Cimerora

City Map

Can't believe I never noticed the rotation on Siren's Call!

The Hero-Side Free Fire Zone Transport helicopter in Siren's Call probably needs a Praetoria style staircase door leading to the roof so Heroes in zone without vertical travel powers can get to it. Currently you need Fly, SJ or TP to feasibly get up there.

Edit: While there it was pointed out to me that there's no TP protection up there, so a villain could potentially stand on the adjacent buildings and TP you out if you're afk after zoning in, or on your way out. Possible suggestion to give Police Drones and Arbiter Drones in pvp zones an aura of TP protection in addition to their current perception auras? Not a PVPer so I wouldn't take my word for it 😜

Edited by Aberrant
Note about TP

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

That's an old irritation of mine finally gone. Thank you! 🙂

Just quickly checked, the outdoor mission variations of Siren's Call (Such as in Mender Silos' redside arc) is still the incorrect orientation, with the water area jutting out to the south.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:01 AM, Jimmy said:

Siren's Call

For anyone curious how this will impact coordinates (badge coordinates, for example), here's how. Coordinates in CoH are reported in the form of X, Z, Y. To translate coordinates from the existing (non-rotated) map to the new map (rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise) use the following formulae:

XNEW = - YEXISTING   (note the negative sign on Y)

YNEW = XEXISTING

For example, the current coordinates (on live) for the Hangman badge are (-1,193, -165, 1,133). The new coordinates (on beta) are (-1,133, -165, -1,193).

hangman_loc.jpg.9032e7f8cd8ad4ab7ff9233d824162c1.jpg

PS - thanks to the PVPers who let me collect data in peace while I was there!

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification, plus a good excuse to use the subscripts!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Will this (I'm not sure how but I'm asking) need to be reflected in the Siren's Call maps in the AE?

Though I don't know if @Lines has already checked this 🙂

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

The mini Zone map will need realigning too then, for Siren's Call.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• City Council
10 hours ago, Darmian said:

The mini Zone map will need realigning too then, for Siren's Call.

The regular minimap already is. The Vidiotmaps one is not part of the base game.

11 hours ago, Darmian said:

Will this (I'm not sure how but I'm asking) need to be reflected in the Siren's Call maps in the AE?

The mission map versions will need to be fixed separately at some point.

12 hours ago, Aberrant said:

The Hero-Side Free Fire Zone Transport helicopter in Siren's Call probably needs a Praetoria style staircase door leading to the roof so Heroes in zone without vertical travel powers can get to it. Currently you need Fly, SJ or TP to feasibly get up there.

I started doing that (you will notice a new bit with a door in the Hospital's roof) but ran out of time this patch.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Faultline said:

The regular minimap already is. The Vidiotmaps one is not part of the base game.

Doh.  I have had that there so long I just forget!  Now that I think of it, isn't that just great!

On 11/1/2020 at 6:35 PM, SarahTheM1 said:

This is kind of tangentially related at best, but does this mean Brickstown might finally be rescued from floating in a featureless void at some point? 😄

I dunno. It's got a few icons and an outline of the zone's major attraction, The Zig. What would you recommend adding?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

9 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I dunno. It's got a few icons and an outline of the zone's major attraction, The Zig. What would you recommend adding?

She's referring to the fact that if you look out through the war walls inside Brickstown, unlike every other Paragon zone, there are no buildings or ground beyond the walls. Just a featureless void of sky. It's so bad infact that if you look you can see through the roof of the entrance tunnel from IP. There's also one or two structures just outside the wall, like a parking garage that were leftover from the zone being built.

Terra Volta is another zone that jumps out to me with it's low detail surrounds, with very little impression of Independence Port beyond. No view of the loading dock or Valor Bridge to the North like you'd expect, though at least it does have water and cliffsides out there, which is more than can be said for Bricks! But since Terra Volta is I think 4 times bigger on the inside than it's exterior in IP, none of it would match up nicely anyway I imagine.

Edited by Aberrant
Edit: Terra Volta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!