Omg why are IOs so expensive

At the risk of chomping down on a wriggling lure . . . 

If the IO Sets you are looking for are too expensive, I recommend purchasing bulk of IO Sets which are cheap.  Hell, I saw some pieces of an Uncommon Stun Set going for 2 Inf last week!

Then, using Converters, roll 'em random.

With sufficiently large supplies, you can do as I did, and stockpile thousands of various IO Sets for later use.  Then, just make sure that you have enough alts, and all of those IOs will find a home eventually.  Law of averages, and all that.

For added benefit, sell the rarer ones, like the Defense Sets.  There always seems to be high demand of Defense Sets.

I always list at 1, and so I get my sales instantly.  I still come out ahead.

And I feel absolutely disgusting for doing it.

But for the amount of time I have available to play, and the other limiting factors, this is the only productive means of actually slotting IO Sets in my characters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The least expensive purple recipe on the original servers cost more than I've spent to fully kit out eight level 50 characters on the HC servers.  Five purple/ATO sets, both +Def (All), the PvP uniques, five LotG +Recharge IOs, the whole shebang on every character, times eight, and it's still not equaling the going rate of a single uncrafted Fortunate Hypnosis back in the day.

Not seeing the problem.

• Like 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Stares at his sg filled with io sets and toons he wants to strip for sets to make new toons with

I have no idea what prices are like except for winter sets that are situational. I just know lots of you buy stuff for 4mil and sell for 300k

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Blackbird71 said:

When I saw the message "A Cat has replied," I was honestly expecting some random keyboard mashing.  😉

It's like the infinite monkey theorem but with a cat. And the bar to make a forum post is way lower. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Killing Legacy said:

One of you rich scumbags give me some cash, ASAP 

I have more inf than I know what to do with. But in game, and in real life, giving has to be my idea, not yours, or I get no blessing. 

Pictured below - a stash of purples, one bin for each purple variety. All packed full. Email with 900M in each one, that's why the pattern increases by 900M instead of 1 Billion. 
And you get nothing from me because your manners are like that of a goat only more ill-mannered. 

image.thumb.png.6fda9c323f34b8b9d66166efa67df506.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 7

I just got my field crafter badge on my level 19 story arc toon.  I literally put 1,000 generic I/Os level 10-50 of all types on the market.  listed at 1 inf each.  

I make a lot of money crafting converting and selling.  when i do i sell 50-150 Set I/os (generally heal, defense, resists, endmod) for about 75% of market value. (I want to move these things...)

If you are struggling to pay for I/Os it is because you do not truly understand how to earn in the modern game.  In my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Email

Please tell me you have one e-mail at the very beginning of all that with just one solitary inf in it as your "First Inf Earned."

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not exactly. I have a bin with my first purple drop. Does that count? 

15 hours ago, Nemeroff said:

Be messed up if your character goes broke, or falls within a poverty range, and the costume(s) auto-switch to rags. Just so everyone knows.

OMG! That's brilliant! 

I would love, love, love it if we could only access a 2nd costume slot/cape/aura on inf thresholds. That would be fantastic! (My primary reason would be so I could recognize who actually needs inf, and who's just begging in hopes for a quick handout. ) 

And yes, I fully realize it would absolutely depress a number of players. I'm not at all being serious. I should rephrase. It would be amusing for a moment, to me. I'm well aware how much some folks love their costume slots and the tailor. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Ukase said:

I have more inf than I know what to do with. But in game, and in real life, giving has to be my idea, not yours, or I get no blessing. 

Pictured below - a stash of purples, one bin for each purple variety. All packed full. Email with 900M in each one, that's why the pattern increases by 900M instead of 1 Billion. 
And you get nothing from me because your manners are like that of a goat only more ill-mannered. 

image.thumb.png.6fda9c323f34b8b9d66166efa67df506.png

Holy shit. I need to see what this guy does to make money and see if it also applies to real life. 

18 hours ago, Killing Legacy said:

One of you rich scumbags give me some cash, ASAP 

Careful what you ask for.  If people with a dragon horde of influence started actually spending that bank, prices would go up. 

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

16 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

Careful what you ask for.  If people with a dragon horde of influence started actually spending that bank, prices would go up. 

*re-checks the price of orange salvage*

You sure they're not already going up?

• Haha 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit