Things that make it easy to want to log in…

Snarky

I have always enjoyed solo play.  Running Brutes on live Redside solo since just about the time Good vs Evil dropped.  

I love Task Forces.  I will PUG with anyone.  A bad Task Force is still better than most other things in life.  Plus it gives me endless conversation topics on the boards lol

I love doing solo projects.  Currently soloing Redside ( 1st time doing this on a Blaster!) and doing this as a Badger getting Blue and Gold badges and First Ward Night Ward content. Lot of stuff to do there

I recently joined an SG that is very active and organized.  I recommend this to anyone who might team. A good SG is endless fun.  I joined Cosmic Council.  Discord and planned activities including every Saturday Incarnate Trial badging starting off with Master of Magisterium 

I am starting to like farming,  ut that is more or less just because how easy it makes everything else.  Also really nice to be able to help someone 50 or open incarnate slots quickly 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I love Task Forces.  I will PUG with anyone.

I have never PUG'ed with Snarky.  😞

Probably because we're on different servers.  😛  (Although I do have a single 50 on your server.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Honestly? I'm still nostalgia bombing hard. Though there is a ton of new stuff added after I stopped playing live I'm also having fun with. Still can't believe they killed off States and Psyche. Really having fun trying powersets I have never used before. I also just love coming up with (usually or should I say hopefully humorous) backstories for new characters. I'm definitely doing more TFs/raids/trials than I ever did on live. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thinking of a great idea for a name and rushing to check if it's available.

Thinking of a new idea for a costume and trying to make it work.

Speedrun TF's, especially undermanned or with enemies buffed. (I find speedrunning in general more engaging as it demands good firepower, situational awareness, map knowledge and the ability to maneuver your character quickly and precisely, especially in the higher-level TF's where killing objectives spawns reinforcements, so that the faster you speed the heavier the enemies pressure you; whereas fighting things 1 group at a time, you can more often turn off your brain.) I am delighted to log in for something like an enemies buffed speed master run of miss lib's TF.

Incarnate trials! I like how they punish people who don't read and kill softcapped characters with autohit, irresistible damage. It's a pity there aren't more of them and they aren't more commonly run, especially Underground, my favorite by far.

Checking the market to see if my bid orders have filled. It is always fun to complete another IO build and see how it works (or doesn't) in practice.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A full Fury Bar.

A screen full of orange numbers. Athe help  me if I ever get sick of looking out over a sea of orange numbers.

Domination.

Scrapperlock.

Assassin's Strike.

Scourge.

JUDGEMENT CRITICALS

Hard Capping my Resistance.

Dead Romans at my feet.

Making Rikti Gumbo in the soup bowl. 

Costume Contests.

Monster Slaying Teams.

Purple drops.

Invasions. Any of them.

Death From Below with Arbiter Sands Color Commentary.

TIP FOUND!

Level Up Buffs

Perma-Gratz!

TV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two+ years later, I still get a little chill off that first percussion hit at the login screen.  

The sound of Energy Blast

The sound of Howling Twilight

The sight of an EB suddenly lifting off the ground as Singularity floats in from behind my shoulder

An OSA bursting into flames

Energy Stored!

I could literally go on for hours.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Oh, I should add...as one of my duties in the SG, I host an event or two each week. Lately, these events have been a more traditional, old-school crawl. I never look forward to these, as I'm often busy doing something else and have to stop what I'm doing to lead these. But - every time I do, I enjoy myself. Part of the reason for that is Snarky is usually there. It's quite delightful to hear Snarky mock my pronunciation of a word, only to consistently mispronounce a word or two himself. And we both grew up speaking English...well, what we consider English. 

Yes folks - Snarky wants you to think he's a grumpy curmudgeon with the occasional clever use of sarcasm. And he is - but he's also pretty amusing in Discord. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Oh, I should add...as one of my duties in the SG, I host an event or two each week. Lately, these events have been a more traditional, old-school crawl. I never look forward to these, as I'm often busy doing something else and have to stop what I'm doing to lead these. But - every time I do, I enjoy myself. Part of the reason for that is Snarky is usually there. It's quite delightful to hear Snarky mock my pronunciation of a word, only to consistently mispronounce a word or two himself. And we both grew up speaking English...well, what we consider English. 

Yes folks - Snarky wants you to think he's a grumpy curmudgeon with the occasional clever use of sarcasm. And he is - but he's also pretty amusing in Discord. 

Too true.  Two of the current educational experiences I am processing: Synapse.  I always pronounced this Sign napse, instead of sin apse.  I blame math.  Sine waves and all the derivative terms start with Sin and are given the Sign sound.  Also, Melee.  I do not know who to blame for this one.  I will assign that soon.  My go to way Me Lee.  instead of May lay.  F-ing English.

But I am enjoying the fun and educational experiences with Cosmic Council.  Great (and huge) crew.  Master badgers, speedrunners, Iron (Wo)man grinders, farmers (We recently did an impromptu farm and there were 6 of us farmers cleaning maps lol) and educational TFs, Base building seminars, and Ukase's Goldside crawl. (He just finished MCing a Blueside and Redside crawl 1-50!

Edited by Snarky

Lately, chasing badges has made me eager to log in.  It's not something I really tried- or even thought much about, until recently.

Chasing badges has proven to be more engaging than I thought it would be.  What got me started on it was the idea of getting those passive accolade powers, but I was surprised at just how challenging it can be (for example) to get the Taskforce Commander badge solo.  Those supervillains can be incredibly tough to fight by yourself, even set at +0/1.  I tried Manticore TF last night and couldn't beat Hopkins without picking up some cheaty boosts from P2W.  THEN, when I finally beat him, I realize I have to beat him again- along with Countess Crey.  *GULP*

It was quite satisfying when I finally succeeded (albeit, I did have to cheat pretty aggressively with those P2W boosts).  I only have two more task forces to complete and then I get my badge/accolade.  There are just a lot of things in the game to keep you occupied and engaged.  Badge hunting alone may keep me going for years, as I reckon there are probably a thousand or more badges, and I haven't even collected 200 yet. 

I also recently joined a super group that seems really cool.  I'm looking forward to getting more involved with that as I settle in.  👍 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

All the stuff!

I love just flying around with my demons now that they can keep up, or going swimming on any map or in my sg base, gliding along on my hoverboard, or sliding around on ice via Null (if that's still there, haven't done it lately . . . so want to log on right this minute to see since that sounds fun!).

I also enjoy running favorite missions (Frostfire, Faultline arcs, even the Midnighter's arc I used to hate grinding for every toon on live but now do for fun and nostalgia) and TFs (especially enjoy the ITF, but they are all-mostly-great fun).

I love badging (just cracked 1000 on my badger and was so chuffed).  And I enjoy base-building (made easy with the help of @Dacy's awesome base-building videos).

There is SO much to do that I have a long list of things to get to this time around (for example, I had a few story arcs in AE on live and intend to some day get around to doing some more here on HC), and I still want to get a water blaster to 50 (not a big fan of farming toons to 50, so have very few at all, but a water blaster 50 was a goal on live that I never made and want to this time), ditto my beasts/nature.  I also want to do all the Ouro arcs, for every "side" this time (I only did blueside on live because switching was such a pain that I just did the villain badge mishes and some of the SFs, but now that we can switch via Null, I don't mind switching over on my main (who is also my badger) to do a few redside mishes (already finished Gold, and still working on Blue) then switch back to blue to run with my sg or whatever without having to wait seven days and do all those tips (though I must say I thoroughly enjoy the tip mishes on both sides).

I love events, especially the Halloween and Winter ones.  SO so fun!  I enjoy creating costumes for the events, too, at least on my main (not really too costumey on alts, though I spend time on their initial look so I don't change them up except to have, for example, a wingless version of a winged toon for mishes  in tight spaces).

I enjoy seeing my favorites in chat, too, as they always make me smile (thinking of seeing @Oklahoman advertising his trials yesterday, so funny and awesome, even though I was badging via Ouro and couldn't join, I get such a kick out of his hilarious LFGs).

Even after being back for a couple years now, I still get that thrill of returning when I get the log-in screen or head to AP for whatever reason (the music!).

I could go on.  And on.  This game is so awesome in every way that makes me one happy camper.  

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Tahliah said:

I enjoy seeing my favorites in chat, too, as they always make me smile (thinking of seeing @Oklahoman advertising his trials yesterday, so funny and awesome, even though I was badging via Ouro and couldn't join, I get such a kick out of his hilarious LFGs).

Thanks for this. I had this exchange just the other day with someone who had a different reaction to my LFG posts:

2021-08-10 23:25:34 [Looking For Group] Oklahoman: MAGISTERIUM has a full posse at the moment. Ride with us next time!
2021-08-10 23:25:41 [Tell] :(AnonPlayer): full?
2021-08-10 23:25:49 [Tell] -->(AnonPlayer): yep, sorry
2021-08-10 23:28:03 [Tell] :(AnonPlayer): just my lick, youve been spaming that shit shit for 30 min and i volunteered hoping it ywould end, win win

So, your recognition was well timed. 🙂 I appreciate you and everyone who takes a second in game to say "thanks for hosting." It helps to drown out people like the person above and keeps me wanting to log back in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Flying.

Casual play.

Soloing.

Playing a female character and watching her Walk. (ha-cha-cha-cha) 

Flying (when not Walking 😄 ).

The way the characters look, although they could use a few more polygon points and be able to color the eyes. 

The animated tails.

Did I mention Flying?

And a few of what others have said, too. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/12/2021 at 9:17 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Everything already stated... and the screams of defeated carnies.

Can confirm. Procced Dart Burst then Spin-critting a x8 spawn produces an angelic chorus of death wails and it is GLORIOUS. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

On 8/13/2021 at 11:49 AM, Oklahoman said:

Thanks for this. I had this exchange just the other day with someone who had a different reaction to my LFG posts:

So, your recognition was well timed. 🙂 I appreciate you and everyone who takes a second in game to say "thanks for hosting." It helps to drown out people like the person above and keeps me wanting to log back in.

I sincerely wonder sometimes why people are like that. What they get out of being an entirely unnecessary douche. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

On 8/13/2021 at 12:49 PM, Oklahoman said:

I’ve joined many of your raids and love your style and the quality of your raids. I’m sure you have way more supporters then detractors.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

Oh where to start especially since currently I can't.  Some sort of special layer of hell where you find your favorite MMO exists years after Sunset, you get to enjoy it for about 4 months and Boom, dead computer followed by Covid-19 followed by ... yeesh.  So one things certain once I can log in again the list will be way too long to post and work will find out just how much PTO I've got saved up in the interim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1