Mapserver Madness! (Four-One 2022 Invasion Event)

• Developer

Mapserver Madness! (Four-One 2022 Invasion Event):

After GM_Bot went rogue last year and was subsequently suppressed by our capable server admins, we thought all was well!

...We thought wrong. 😱

Small bits of the unknown and mysterious code that suddenly gave rise to GM_Bot's sentience have escaped and begun proliferating itself! We've now received reports that it has manifested within the various mapservers that run the zones of our fair City of Heroes!

We do our best to keep our mapserver instances happy and healthy, but as you are all aware, the map server can be a fickle beast. Often disconnecting unexpecting victims at a moments notice, we thought it was likely just bugs in the code, but new information has arisen that shows there may be more...

Something unnatural, more malevolent...

The crisis we now face threatens the fabric of our world! The mapserver has gained sentience, and become the Dreaded Mapserver!™
It has had enough of our super-powered antics and has deemed all player life as requiring immediate extermination!

spoopy.png.4b440893471eccd8d9a50c2fe3339ee7.png

Assembling the most terrifying, under baked, and volatile code it could conjure, the Dreaded Mapserver has assembled a violent army of glitches, bugs, broken scripts, and other abominations to attempt to wipe out all life as we know it!

It is up to the brave players of our world to rise and combat the sentient Dreaded Mapserver, drive back its wicked and unstable minions, and to exterminate the fiend's sentience with a hard reboot!

Those who muster the courage to face these aberrant distortions will find themselves as much as tenfold times more experienced than they were before, with an untold bounty of influenceinfamy, and information that comes with such triumphs!

We wish you noble souls the best of luck as you work to save our world! 

DISCLAIMER:
This is a short, for-fun invasion event! Thus, there are no unique badges or rewards that can be missed, but we hope you will enjoy the x10 reward scale!
Level some characters! This silly invasion event will run through the weekend until regular Tuesday maintenance time. 
~FREEM!

Author's note: The mapserver has stocked up on a lifetime supply of Blue Spider© brand Hero Repellant™ and Dr. Caretaker's© Signature Costume Bleach™; Beware!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

• Developer

Oh my!

I've received reports that GM_Bot has once again begun accepting tells and distributing costume upgrades in-game.

I'm sure everything will be fine...

• Haha 4
  • Banjo 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

Would be cool if the OP actually explained when/where any of this happens.

Perhaps you haven't spent much time in-game. Invasion events (like Nemesis and Rikti invasions, when active) occur pretty constantly in random zones, and their starts and stops with locations are always announced in your chat box with a taunt from the enemy character.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Banjo 1

11 minutes ago, Timewinder said:

Perhaps you haven't spent much time in-game. Invasion events (like Nemesis and Rikti invasions, when active) occur pretty constantly in random zones, and their starts and stops with locations are always announced in your chat box with a taunt from the enemy character.

You might want to look at his post count, ole Arcane has been around for quite a long time. 

• Banjo 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

• Developer

Yes, by default you may need to add the Zone Event Message channels to your chat tabs.

May the Ford Centaurus absorb your wrath!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

Are Praetorian zones included in this event?

Oh wait, the OP said "information" too, which is Praetorian. NVM

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Banjo 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Is this whole thing another stupid April Fools like the baby you couldn't get rid of?

I generally think the HC team does a good job.... but it seems April 1st is just an excuse for them to troll the player base most years.....

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4
  • Banjo 1

What I wouldn't give for next year's April Fools event to have a Giant Monster of the New Years Baby. Stay Puft Marshmallow Man kind of size. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• Developer
1 hour ago, Krimson said:

I just attempted this and my button bar got lagged to the point that I couldn't use it, so I left and as if by magic, the lag went away. Then I was informed that the lag and button bar shenanigans are part of the event. Heh.. No thanks.

That is not part of the event. Lag cannot be replicated like that casually. It's possible that enemy density or fx had an effect on your client.

• Banjo 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

On a Friday night, on Indomitable, there aren't enough players in one zone to spawn an invasion..

image.thumb.png.84b8a3149226f9d5c2ab2610672198aa.png

image.thumb.png.ec7f1978874d413fe4a607a32204a2c0.png

...at least as far as those willing to show themselves in the search

😪

To be fair, it looks like you're a Rogue (rock on!).  That won't show anyone in a blue side zone, and those tend to be more populated.

As a villain at heart, I make it a point to get event leagues going in co-op zones so everyone can participate.  Somehow, I managed to get a league with four full teams in Imperial City last night, on Torchbearer.  Torchbearer isn't much more populated than Indomitable.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

Figures one of the days of the week I'm rarely on (and online) that there was something fun going on.  Didn't see this till just now!  *shakes fist*

• Banjo 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝