What are you going to pair with Storm Blast when it goes live?

biostem

23 hours ago, Snarky said:

Since it is possibly the worst Blast set I have ever seen I think the true pairing would be the worst secondary.  Then try to convince some idiot to run it as a “challenge”.  Oh, yeah.

Challenge accepted.

Hey wait a minute!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What, me worry?

On 4/15/2023 at 5:11 AM, Snarky said:

Since it is possibly the worst Blast set I have ever seen I think the true pairing would be the worst secondary.  Then try to convince some idiot to run it as a “challenge”.  Oh, yeah.

i think it would pair well with the “Delete Character” button or the “Quit to Desktop” menu option 

• Haha 3

whats wrong with storm huh?  you're all full of complaints!

I hear 'its too slow' as the primary problem. 

that's a meta problem, did you want another fire? or 0.8x dmg of fire rebadged in energy (with automatic kb-kd)?

spacer.png

full of complaints! 

Storm/kin/psy Corruptor

It is a corruptor set and a pretty good one at that.

Kin because fulcrum can buff storm cell for most of its duration if cast before

Psy because mass hyp helps set up easy fulcrums and helps compensate for the within aggro range of casting storm cell without any stealth.

Dominate (proc'd) fills in the mostly dot single target chain.

I think there are better pairings potentially, but it is pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/15/2023 at 12:05 AM, Techwright said:

What are you going to pair with Storm Blast when it goes live?

It should pair nicely with Mountain Dew Charged Orange Storm or Mountain Dew Typhoon.

Why?

Why did I  hear this in a Macho Man Randy Savage voice?

oooooooooooooooo yea! Snap into a Slim Jim!

• Haha 1

/e poofgone

On 4/14/2023 at 6:52 PM, InvaderStych said:

I've not been in game this go around (moving/moved), but I might tweak my plans for a future Ice/Stone Sentinel into a Storm/Stone. It'll probably still be a while before I am setup here though, so someone should do that in the meantime. 🤣

I've been running storm/stone sent and so far it seems good, easy Perma hasten, easy soft cap def, major procs from brimstone, I believe I sit at roughly 50 resist for everything but psionic. So far I've ran PI radios at +4 x8 and have been able to clear everything. Solod itf at +2 AV on. GM took a bit, but I was successful. A couple big glaring problems is once you drop cat 5 all the mobs run for their lives. Storm cell should only follow you and not the nearest target, which isn't a big problem but cat 5 making everything run, which seems to be a recuring problem for the set as a whole. Long animation times on storm cell and cat 5 really slows down damage and feels clunky considering they are 100% needed to make the set useable. Not a team power set at all either as the previous statement, while u waste 5 seconds getting storm cell and cat 5 place all the other hitters have laid waste to everything. I think that for sent cat 5 should taunt or even let the epic pool power lighting field be slotted for taunt to fill for that hole. Aside from that, totally fun power set with great visuals. already have the name Rudeus saved for the toon, really fits the theme. Gonna be casting cumulonimbus nonstop. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TY bono said:

major procs from brimstone

Yeah, this is what I was the most curious about. Brimstone can be finicky with things that are pets or pseudo-pets. Also abilities that trigger more than one "power" - like Savage Leap being a Teleport and an AoE power separately, for example.

Couldn't tell from reading the mechanics and feedback how well it would work.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Martial arts, storm, and electrical are all going to be possible options for me.

I don't think I'll be making a storm blast sentinel.

I think it is more likely that I will be creating a defender and/or corruptor.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:56 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

Storm/Storm is just one of those "too obvious" pairings for me, and genuinely doesn't interest me, personally, lol.

From my time spent in beta I am looking to roll:

Storm/Dark Corruptor - finally found a combo that fits my forum namesake in a way I like, and these two powersets have good synergy. And you don't have to wait until late game for it to start feeling good.

Storm/TA Blaster and/or Storm/Fire Blaster - TA for semi-obvious reasons; it keeps a more ranged playstyle and glue arrow will help keep things in Cell/Cat 5 while oil slick arrow provides extra AoE damage. /Fire started as something of a joke from the gold standard discord, but /Fire brings a lot of extra AoE (some of which is passive) that Storm Blast is lacking when Cell/Cat 5 might not be down/available. /Fire is less safe and quite squishy, but the potential seems interesting.

Storm/Elec Sentinel - I see this is becoming quite the popular combo, lol! This pairing is all about thematics for me and my brief testing of it seemed like it should play nice as well.

I can't decide if I'll make a defender, if I do, it will be team oriented as I'm currently trying to solo a defender in beta and it's miserable since you don't get Storm Cell until level 10. Plus, since Storm's gimmick is effects that ramp up, it really gives more benefit to corruptors since that's more of their style with Scourge.

How are you liking the Storm/Dark Cor? Seems like an active set! You find it really end intensive?

5 hours ago, StriderIV said:

How are you liking the Storm/Dark Cor? Seems like an active set! You find it really end intensive?

My only experience with it so far is on the closed beta; I just started a new job where between commuting and my actual 8 hour shift, I'm gone for like 10+ hours a day, so I haven't really been able to play lately.

That said, Storm Blast is end intensive on pretty much any combo--that seemed to be something all of us testers noted unanimously (both closed and open beta). My biggest experience with Storm/Dark is leveling as, at the time, the low to mid level ranges were what was needed. The combo breezed through Praetoria; it plays very safe and I feel that /Dark offers a lot of synergy with Storm Blast regarding helping to keep things in Storm Cell more easily. I don't feel like /Dark is super active, especially compared to the likes of /Kin or /ElecAff, so I don't think Storm/Dark is as active as some of the other pairings might be (granted, again, I didn't do much at high level play).

I like that Fluffy brings you some extra controls and a heal, making it play even safer while soloing. Still undecided on what Epic I want to take for when I'm eventually able to getting around to making and playing the character on live now that the patch has launched.

Sorry I can't offer more! I was jumping about testing different things, and RL got messy, and I'm such an altoholic, lol

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I'm a fan of Storm Defenders, usually paired with Ice or Water up till now.

Looking forward to trying a pure Storm defender!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Been leveling up my storm/ninja sentinel.  It's a pretty solid combo, though it's frustrating trying to figure out exactly where my storm cell is and who is in it.  Any suggestions on color options that make it more visible?  Cheers!