Silly names you would never use

MHertz

Here are some silly names I thought of for characters I will never actually make:

• A rodent with ice powers: Mousicle
  • A canine in a suit with fire powers: who works for the FBI: Fox Smolder
  • A chicken with psionics: Professor Eggs
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

Ushabti Yojimbo.  Mummified Samurai Rabbit.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

Not gonna lie, here... I kind of love it.

You want it?  It's yours 😄

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Oopsie Man, the accidental hero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

1 hour ago, cranebump said:

Oopsie Man, the accidental hero.

Let me guess:  his real first name is Tripp, and his last name is something like Overstone, Overhill, Overturf, Overshot, Overmass, Overall, or even Overcat (all of which I've confirmed are real surnames).  😁

• Haha 3

Had a female character on live, a former priestess from another galaxy named Three Holes. 

I had this elaborate backstory, even a fairly detailed religion based on the concepts of fullness and emptiness. 

Made it to level 24 before I got my first snarky tell full of sexual innuendos. OMG! I had completely missed the trees for the forest. I logged off and just deleted the character out of sheer embarrassment. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Techwright said:

Let me guess:  his real first name is Tripp, and his last name is something like Overstone, Overhill, Overturf, Overshot, Overmass, Overall, or even Overcat (all of which I've confirmed are real surnames).  😁

Tripp Enfahl?

• Haha 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

My main was based on an RPG character (fire blaster) from years ago, but the name "Inferno" was already taken. After much trying of many different options he ended up as "On-Fire Dude".
My first Fire/Spines farmer was "On-Fire Prick" until he got genericed, then he became "On-Fire Stabby Dude".

Lastly, my plant/nature controller, "Asparagus-Man".

I've yet to make Suppositron and Prolapse of the Freedumb Phalanx.

• Like 2

um...  You're talking to a guy who has characters named Unarmed Wombat, Fists of Furry Fury, Fidgety Girl, Mr Shouty, Toggle Man.

I also had Dark Lord Darkness and Lord Footloose back on live.

So, I don't think there is a name too silly for me.  A name would have to be offensive for me to avoid it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I can't think of names I wouldn't use, short of copyrighted / offensive... which are covered in the various agreements anyway.

*points at list of alts, with things like I want my mummy, sweet child o'mimes, bill of wights....*

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

I have a few dumb ones that lived briefly as placeholders before I deleted them:

M'Lady Bug - Didn't come up with a power set combo, but he was a huge body in a fedora and a duster (or as close as I could get to a duster) with a red and black polka-dotted carapace underneath

Spicy Beatmaul - He was going to be some kind of fire melee

Wreckolith - Some kind of stone melee (folks with some geology knowledge might get this one)

Tiffany's Breakfast - She was going to be a vomit-themed with Poison as a powerset. This was the dumbest idea of the bunch