why cannot people use words right? Remote bomb... remote?

Suggestion: Use the Targeting Drone Animation and have the ability to select the desired area of "Detonation" similar to placing Caltrops. Thus you can arm the "Remote Bomb" set it loose, and then wait for the BOOM!

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

5 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

The fact you took what was essentially a fluffy throwaway so seriously is actually flattering and slightly odd too but hey 👍

It is even odder to me that you thought I was being even... remotely... serious.

• Moose 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1

50 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

Suggestion: Use the Targeting Drone Animation and have the ability to select the desired area of "Detonation" similar to placing Caltrops. Thus you can arm the "Remote Bomb" set it loose, and then wait for the BOOM!

they would need to rebalance it.  Unfortunately it is pretty obvious this is a melee attack reskinned, with an odd (and surprisingly flexible) delay mechanism.  Which, and I cannot say this enough, makes NO SENSE in the completely ranged Devices set.  Then to call it "Remote" just goes to further screw up the thing.  Melee Bomb would have been far more accurate.

It'll always be the Toe-Bomb to me!

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 3/22/2024 at 11:48 PM, Snarky said:

I look at this, and because i am an idiot, i assume you can place this.  remotely.

I am really curious about how you use the remote control on your television.

Do you through the control away from you and then use it remotely?

• Banjo 1

On 3/23/2024 at 9:56 AM, Scarlet Shocker said:

I'm struggling to work out how you can "arrest" someone with a high explosive device by detonating it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to put one of these in your Mom's house unless you Surrender?

Edited by Gobbledigook

How to arrest someone with a High Explosive Device:  First, confirm said device is directional and will explode downwards into the ground; secondly, ensure that said device is secured firmly to the ground appropriately; thirdly, ensure that the upwards facing blast shield has no faults and is completely intact.  Thus when said device explodes the blast goes into the ground while the shock wave will only inflict moderate burn and concussion damage to those nearby; unless the idiots were standing on top of it and have their ankles relocated to their skull cavity. :P 

On 3/23/2024 at 2:21 PM, Snarky said:

They are definitely arrested.  

Arrest; a stoppage or sudden cessation of motion

I don't know.  Have you seen the way some of them twitch and twirl after you arrest them.  All too frequently while plastered into some force field barrier around the area

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone suggested to our OP that his title could use some refinement as well? "Why cannot people use words right" vs "Why can't people use words properly"
In Snarky's defense, we at least know what he meant. Not so sure about the power description. 

For example, replacing the word right with properly. 

It reminds me of the American grad student in college, competing for a paid position with an international grad student. 
He says, "They better give that stipend to me. I speak English gooder than he does" (that's an actual quote I overheard from a bigot grad student in 2004! )

On 3/22/2024 at 10:48 PM, Snarky said:

I look at this, and because i am an idiot, i assume you can place this.  remotely.

We do have those kinds of bombs, they're called missiles.

And it's called Remote Bomb because that's easier to say than "Man-Portable, Command Detonated, Anti-Personnel Ordinance."

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 minutes ago, Blastit said:

idk, I think that if you just practice a little you will find that MPCDAPO rolls right off the tongue.

Not as easily as APFSDSDU does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

We do have those kinds of bombs, they're called missiles.

And it's called Remote Bomb because that's easier to say than "Man-Portable, Command Detonated, Anti-Personnel Ordinance."

MPCDAPO.    Or… Manually Applied Delayed Detonation Ordinance Grenade.   MADDOG.  More accurate Manually Applied Detonation Controlled Anti Personnel.  MADCAP

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

On 3/23/2024 at 12:32 PM, Luminara said:

"... jella boom."

"Boom, yeah.  I understand boom."

"Bada boom."

"Big."

"Big!"

"Big bada boom."

"Big.  Bada big boom.  Big!  Boom!"

"Yeah, big bada boom."

"Bada boom."

"Big.  Boom, big bada boom."

Cha cha hammah!

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

If we have an issue with the name of the power, can we now discuss what 'enchantments' to slot in it?   🙂

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

19 hours ago, Ironblade said:

If we have an issue with the name of the power, can we now discuss what 'enchantments' to slot in it?   🙂

BugsNO.gif.e7b1c15e7e499e22820f5a9ef324d8e7.gif

On 3/25/2024 at 9:14 AM, Ukase said:

Has anyone suggested to our OP that his title could use some refinement as well? "Why cannot people use words right" vs "Why can't people use words properly"
In Snarky's defense, we at least know what he meant. Not so sure about the power description. 

For example, replacing the word right with properly. 

It reminds me of the American grad student in college, competing for a paid position with an international grad student. 
He says, "They better give that stipend to me. I speak English gooder than he does" (that's an actual quote I overheard from a bigot grad student in 2004! )

I am sure Snarky did that on purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2024 at 2:35 PM, Snarky said:

they would need to rebalance it.  Unfortunately it is pretty obvious this is a melee attack reskinned, with an odd (and surprisingly flexible) delay mechanism.  Which, and I cannot say this enough, makes NO SENSE in the completely ranged Devices set.  Then to call it "Remote" just goes to further screw up the thing.  Melee Bomb would have been far more accurate.

that would be for if you did the damage by bludgeoning them with it

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

2 minutes ago, Sunsette said:

This is pretty much exactly what I would expect for a remote bomb. It's referring to the detonation being by remote. 

Contrasting types include proximity and time-delay.

True.  I'm pretty sure a "remote-bomb", as the OP envisions it, is a grenade...

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 7:35 PM, Snarky said:

...it is pretty obvious this is a melee attack reskinned....

There you go!  7ft range when tagging a mob!  Most people would be hard-pressed to head a soccer ball on the ground 7ft away.

On 3/23/2024 at 7:35 PM, Snarky said:

[ Remote Bomb ] makes NO SENSE in the completely ranged Devices set.

I've played an AR/Devices Blaster as me main since 2006.  I've had various powers from Devices in the build for the toon.  One power I never had in it was Time Bomb.  Even just looking at the numbers, I saw the power wasn't worth it compared to the awesomeness that is Trip Mine, even back when it was interruptible.

During the Beta of Page 7, I tried out Remote Bomb.  Definitely an improvement over Time Bomb.

Over the years, I've fiddled with the AR/Devices build a lot, had most of the Devices powers in at least one build, except Time Bomb.  (Also just tested Taser once and dropped it; giving it 20ft of range didn't change my thoughts on it.)  After Page 7 released, I had 3 builds for my AR/Devices Blaster to updated, one each for Munitions Arsenal Mastery, Force Mastery, and Mace Mastery.  Biggest change was replacing the Mace Mastery build with a Mu Mastery build.  Tweaked all the builds, which are all identical except for 3 powers each (from the respective Epic Pool except for the Mu Mastery build which takes Charged Armor, Spirit Ward, and Rune of Protection).

From Devices, I have all the powers except Taser.  And Remote Bomb.  It's better than Time Bomb.  But it doesn't make the cut.

What place has Time Bomb in the ranged Devices set?  An easily skipped power.  😺

• Like 1