Focused Feedback: Experimentation (Build 1 - 4)

Jimmy

For the Toxic Darts, maybe a few alternative animations to select from would help - or at least the needle be tintable

Same with the Vial: I don't dislike the flask but some characters a canister like Smoke Grenade's might look better?

Corrosive Vial feels like it's just lacking a little oomph still because of the small area (it's an area attack so it already has access to a -res, the -def basically does nothing later).

1 hour ago, siolfir said:

Doing so would increase the animation time to 1.5 seconds. You may already know and don't care, but I just wanted it to be clear that doing this would be a nerf on the power.

I didnt, but would accept that for what I would call "flow" but others may feel differently, I was excited about the dart power but was disappointed with the animation though I can see how it would fit some themes.

2 hours ago, siolfir said:

It was in response to combining Recall Friend and Teleport Foe into a single power that changed what it did based on the target selected (friend or enemy).

Ah, I thought they were just wanting the ranges made the same, so the recalling a friend part confused me.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

And now in the latest build Jaunt has two seconds longer cooldown and is no longer affected by global recharge. Was it really that amazing a power that it needed hit with the nerf bat that hard? Given you have to be running an expensive travel power toggle as well to use it at all, and it already had a cooldown, AND it already had reduced range compared to normal teleport... no, I really don't think that nerf was in any way justified.

• Like 4

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

Well... that's unacceptable. Increasing the base recharge is one thing, but making it unaffected by global recharge is 10 steps WAY too far.

(A bit more constructive feedback below)

Jaunt is not capable of being slotted AT ALL, therefore, it desperately needs the benefit of being affected by global recharge. The same way Translocation benefits from global endurance reduction. I certainly don't want to drag it into the line of fire of the nerf gun, but the last time I checked, Takeoff, from Force of Will was affected by global recharge.

Edited by Mystic Fortune
  • Like 1

I tried the pool out and I found that Corrosive Vial requires a target to use, rather than being placeable anywhere like Ignite. Could the icon be changed to have a targeted AoE border, or a combo targeted-location AoE border like I made for Glue Arrow?

EFvwRyF.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, General Idiot said:

And now in the latest build Jaunt has two seconds longer cooldown and is no longer affected by global recharge. Was it really that amazing a power that it needed hit with the nerf bat that hard? Given you have to be running an expensive travel power toggle as well to use it at all, and it already had a cooldown, AND it already had reduced range compared to normal teleport... no, I really don't think that nerf was in any way justified.

Exactly the reason I moved discussion away from nerfing Jaunt and instead looking at changing other travel powersets so they bring something unique to the table.

It was clear people enjoyed Jaunt, so I didn't want to keep prodding for changes, when what really needs to be changed is the nature of old power pools in order to keep them current, hence the new discussion over in the Suggestions forum.

A recharge increase is fine, but the fact it's not effected by global recharge (especially in a powerset that offers recharge) is a bit of a weird move.

Edited by Tyrannical

So was nerfing Jaunt all that necessary?  You have to run a stealth-less Super Speed to use it and it already had a cooldown that'd prevent you from chaining it, even with recharge, and there's no hover delay after using it so using it in the air is off the table too.  Truth be told, and this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm getting pretty annoyed that we can't have nice things because Day 1 travel powers that people already skip to save slots and take P2W powers in their place might look even worse than they did previously.  

• Like 3

Corrosive Vial doesn't show any log output.  Is this a BUG or normal for pseudopet entries?  Or are we even using pseudopets on new powers, given HC apparently figured out a way to redo that stuff without one.  Updated my Combat tab to include pet stuff.  That did the trick.

About the recharge "nerf":

• Global Recharge is already the most powerful stat in the game.  I don't mind the nerf, and I'd mind it even less if you could hook it up such that Recharge enhancements slotted into Speed of Sound would be inherited by Jaunt.
  • Consider having only half of it ignore global recharge?
  • I put "nerf" in quotes 'cuz y'all gotta remember you are smoke testers and this is not something that even exists to be nerfed on the Live servers.
Edited by Replacement

Level 27 Arachnos soldier, 2x Damage enhancements (level 30, 34.8% each) in Corrosive Vial.  0% Global damage bonus

Tooltip damage: 6.52/tic.  Actual: 6.52

Enable Tactical Training: Assault (15% damage bonus)

Actual damage: still 6.52.  

Given a bit of rounding errors, this should be about 6.62/tick.

I'm going to try to give myself some bigger global damage bonuses to be sure, but this looks like it's not inheriting character +damage; just enhancements on that power alone.

EDIT

Ok, inside the spoiler is combat log paste. 

• Removed damage enhancements.  Base of 3.83 damage unenhanced
  • Running Tactical Training: Assault (15% damage bonus).  Should give a damage of 4.4/tick. 
  • You can see in this log, it starts at 4.41/tick for 2 ticks (x2 targets).. and then it defaults back to 3.83.

[09:53:23] You activated the Corrosive Vial power.

[09:53:25] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman MISSES! Incendiary Rounds power had a 28.43% chance to hit, but rolled a 62.08.
[09:53:25] Corrosive Puddle: Your Corrosive Vial explodes leaving a toxic puddle of acid.
[09:53:25] Corrosive Puddle: Your Corrosive Vial explodes leaving a toxic puddle of acid.
[09:53:25] Corrosive Puddle: HIT Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman! Your Corrosive Vial power is autohit.
[09:53:25] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 4.41 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:26] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 4.41 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:27] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 4.41 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:27] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 4.41 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:28] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:28] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
 09:53:29] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman MISSES! Cryonic Rounds power had a 28.43% chance to hit, but rolled a 45.27.
[09:53:29] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:30] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
 [09:53:31] Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade MISSES! Brawl power had a 34.91% chance to hit, but rolled a 49.23.
[09:53:31] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:31] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
 [09:53:32] Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade MISSES! Grenade Launcher power had a 36.66% chance to hit, but rolled a 44.40.
[09:53:33] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman HITS you! Brawl power had a 34.91% chance to hit and rolled a 10.48.
[09:53:33] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman hits you with their Brawl for 50.96 points of Smashing damage.
[09:53:33] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:33] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:34] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:35] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:35] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:36] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman MISSES! Incendiary Rounds power had a 28.43% chance to hit, but rolled a 73.01.
[09:53:36] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:36] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:37] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:38] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:38] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.

EDIT2: Next activation only gave increased damage on the 1st tick (against single target) before returning to unenhanced damage.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Level 27 Arachnos soldier, 2x Damage enhancements (level 30, 34.8% each) in Corrosive Vial.  0% Global damage bonus

Tooltip damage: 6.52/tic.  Actual: 6.52

Enable Tactical Training: Assault (15% damage bonus)

Actual damage: still 6.52.  

Given a bit of rounding errors, this should be about 6.62/tick.

I'm going to try to give myself some bigger global damage bonuses to be sure, but this looks like it's not inheriting character +damage; just enhancements on that power alone.

EDIT

Ok, inside the spoiler is combat log paste. 

• Removed damage enhancements.  Base of 3.83 damage unenhanced
  • Running Tactical Training: Assault (15% damage bonus).  Should give a damage of 4.4/tick. 
  • You can see in this log, it starts at 4.41/tick for 2 ticks (x2 targets).. and then it defaults back to 3.83.

Reveal hidden contents

[09:53:23] You activated the Corrosive Vial power.

[09:53:25] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman MISSES! Incendiary Rounds power had a 28.43% chance to hit, but rolled a 62.08.
[09:53:25] Corrosive Puddle: HIT Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman! Your Corrosive Vial power is autohit.
[09:53:25] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 4.41 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:26] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 4.41 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:27] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 4.41 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:27] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 4.41 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:28] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:28] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
 09:53:29] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman MISSES! Cryonic Rounds power had a 28.43% chance to hit, but rolled a 45.27.
[09:53:29] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:30] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
 [09:53:31] Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade MISSES! Brawl power had a 34.91% chance to hit, but rolled a 49.23.
[09:53:31] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:31] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
 [09:53:32] Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade MISSES! Grenade Launcher power had a 36.66% chance to hit, but rolled a 44.40.
[09:53:33] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman HITS you! Brawl power had a 34.91% chance to hit and rolled a 10.48.
[09:53:33] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman hits you with their Brawl for 50.96 points of Smashing damage.
[09:53:33] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:33] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:34] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:35] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:35] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:36] Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman MISSES! Incendiary Rounds power had a 28.43% chance to hit, but rolled a 73.01.
[09:53:36] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:36] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:37] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:38] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Marksman with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.
[09:53:38] Corrosive Puddle: You hit Vortex Cor Leonis Grenade with your Corrosive Vial for 3.83 points of Toxic damage.

EDIT2: Next activation only gave increased damage on the 1st tick (against single target) before returning to unenhanced damage.

Sounds like it's inheriting the buff from TT:Assault (including the remaining duration), like most other pseudopets. The duration is 2.25 seconds and tick rate is 2 seconds, so it replenishes itself before it wears off for players, but pseudopets aren't affected and usually have this problem.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Sounds like it's inheriting the buff from TT:Assault (including the remaining duration), like most other pseudopets. The duration is 2.25 seconds and tick rate is 2 seconds, so it replenishes itself before it wears off for players, but pseudopets aren't affected and usually have this problem.

Yep, it's specific to leadership style buffs it seems.  That makes a lot of sense when you put it like that.

• At time of casting, it would inherit all your buffs
  • after that first moment for leadership to wear off, it being a pseudopet, wouldn't be valid to receive the buff from the caster, so it wouldn't refresh that portion.

Confirmed with Enrages and Adrenal Boost -- these affect it without issue.

Interesting, though, because this means pseudo pets inherit your buffs when I assumed all this time they simply take your stats (such as damage bonus at time of casting).

On 2/26/2020 at 5:01 AM, VileTerror said:

JAUNT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!!!

Why does a Super Speed clone get to have a -good- Teleport!?  *foams at mouth, rolls out of chair, and twitches violently on the floor*

. . . in all seriousness, seriously:  Jaunt is WAY, WAY, WAY better than Teleport.  It hurts my feelings, as irrational as that sounds.

Otherwise, a really solid set.  Perhaps too solid.  I am still holding out hope for Utility Belt, but at this point, Experimentation is the clearest of winners so far.  Force of Will and Sorcery just can't hold a candle to this Pool Set as-is.

yeah teleport should learn a thing from jaunt (same goes for Mystic fly )

and yeah Jaunt nerf was unnecessary no hover , and CD was good , but far from OP

Edited by warlyx
  • Thanks 1

I'll express my shame if my earlier concerns about Jaunt contributed to the change of it no longer being affected by Global Recharge.

My melodrama was more intended to call attention to my feelings that Teleport from the Teleportation Pool needs to be improved, rather than saying Jaunt was too good.

• Like 1

• City Council
9 hours ago, Replacement said:

Interesting, though, because this means pseudo pets inherit your buffs when I assumed all this time they simply take your stats (such as damage bonus at time of casting).

The tip-off there was things like the yellow Hasten fx that normally goes on your hands appearing on the ground beneath lightning clouds.

think that’s something that’s actually fixed in I25, but it was a subtle bug that was present for most (all?) the life of the game.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 10:39 AM, Stan The Man said:

No, I believe that was the natural themed pool power.   Willpower is usually associated with natural origin.

Sorcery - Magic

Willpower - Mutation

Experimentation - Science

Freerunning (upcoming) - Natural

Gadgetry (upcoming) - Technology

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

12 hours ago, VileTerror said:

I'll express my shame if my earlier concerns about Jaunt contributed to the change of it no longer being affected by Global Recharge.

My melodrama was more intended to call attention to my feelings that Teleport from the Teleportation Pool needs to be improved, rather than saying Jaunt was too good.

same here.

I have only one serious negative critique..... Jaunt will make every Teleport user jealous to an insane level. Seriously I've been trying to make a melee build teleporting between targets work in this game since the earliest days, and Jaunt just DOES IT.

If I had my way, id take Jaunt without the SS, id even sacrifice the powerslot just to be able to have it with my normal Teleport set or other travel power, its THAT GOOD...

If Experimentation comes out as is... i dont even know how the hell im gonna rework my character to have Jaunt, but i NEED it

And to make sure im clear: Make all Teleports feel as good as Jaunt!

Edited by Koopak

Ok, so everything else I think is a bug keeps turning out to be mechanical intricacies so this time I'll pose it as a question:

Is there something keeping Shadow Meld from getting Adrenal Booster's "strength to defense?"   Right now, my Shadow Meld numbers are not being affected by it.

EDIT: Stamina and Scrapper Regen>Quick Recovery are also not seeing any improvement. 

Edited by Replacement

47 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Ok, so everything else I think is a bug keeps turning out to be mechanical intricacies so this time I'll pose it as a question:

Is there something keeping Shadow Meld from getting Adrenal Booster's "strength to defense?"   Right now, my Shadow Meld numbers are not being affected by it.

EDIT: Stamina and Scrapper Regen>Quick Recovery are also not seeing any improvement. 

Are you casting AB before or after you cast SM?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn