Impending Beta Server Wipe

Jimmy

• City Council

Hello!

Due to a mix-up, we're needing to wipe Brainstorm's character database before the next build. If you have any Brainstorm-only characters that you care about, please save their builds (using /build_save_file name) and costumes in order to recreate them after the wipe.

This will occur at some point over the next few days, likely on the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

SG Bases too?

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

@bionic_Flea  But Jimmy didn't say that!  😀

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Looks like I jinxed the server by finally deciding to build a SG base there. At least I'll get more base building practice!

• Haha 2

• City Council
10 hours ago, cohRock said:

If you are asking if bases will get wiped, that is very likely.  If you are asking if there is a way to preserve and restore a base, I do not know.

You can preserve a base by using the /demorecord command; the entire base map including storage is saved on the demo file. Play back the demo to make sure it's there (easiest way to play back a demo is to go to the settings dialog in the HC launcher and adding the -demoplay command in the extra parameters).

2 hours ago, Faultline said:

You can preserve a base by using the /demorecord command; the entire base map including storage is saved on the demo file. Play back the demo to make sure it's there (easiest way to play back a demo is to go to the settings dialog in the HC launcher and adding the -demoplay command in the extra parameters).

I'm interested in this. How do we load these demorecords to reconstruct the base once in the game?

• City Council
21 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Just curious, when saving the build does that mean it will return post-wipe or is there a manual thing we'll do after?

It saves a file which opens up in Mids. Note that you'll need to save it (or rename it) with the correct extension for Mids to recognise it.

• Like 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic