At what level did you make 6x Tier4 incarnate?

cohRock

I just for the first time got a character to 6x Tier4 incarnate (specifics below).  She is vet level 33.  She didn't do very many incarnate trials, so she had to make most incarnate components from threads and shards.  Oh, her Apha was helped by doing a Mothership raid, giving her enough Vanguard Merits to buy multiple Gra'i Matter Conversions.  The only threads and Empryoens she used in achieving Alpha T4 was the initial T2 and T3.  Besides that it was all shards and Notices of the Well.  She didn't spend cash for any components, but she did convert 20 Astral Merits to 4 Empryeons.

So, about what level do you generally expect your guys to achieve 6xT4?

ShadoShot: Dark/TacArrow Blaster

Alpha: Intuition Radial Paragon

Judgement: Ion Core Final Judgement

Interface: Spectral Radial Flawless Interface

Lore: Arachnos Radial Superior Ally

Destiny: Clarion Core Epiphany

Hybrid: Support Radial Embodiment

Edited by cohRock

-- Rock

With zero trials whatsoever (/fire brutes), I don’t seem to wrap it up until like the 40’s.

With numerous trials and decent drops I’ve made it there in the mid teens.

Of course you could be done at like vet level 1 (however long it takes to unlock Hybrid) if you’re using emailed empyreans, but pretty sure the OP doesn’t seem interested in that.

Edited by arcane

9 hours ago, cohRock said:

So, about what level do you generally expect your guys to achieve 6xT4?

On most characters, I don't bother getting all tier 4 because it just doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade from tier 3.

In fact, I have only two characters that are all T4.  I have a beam rifle/kinetics corruptor who is vet 16 and has been all tier 4 for at least 2-3 vet levels.  He was created specifically for Really Hard Way badge runs of the Magisterium.

And I have Ironblade who has ten tier 4 and four tier 3 powers.  I think he has had all of those since about vet level 90 or 95.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Never.  I hit a wall sometime in the middle tiers, like say +2 where I either stop playing the character (new shinies!) or the process just becomes a pain because of the awful Incarnates interface.  At that point, I may still pull one or two of the "mains" out for occasional BAFs or something, but dear god, aren't they already powerful enough?!  Who cares?!  I just want to have fun here, not jump through stupid hoops.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

The only character I kept track of is my Fire/Earth Dominator, who was fully T4'ed at vet level 7. That includes stealthing Heather Townshend's arc 40 times, and the rest were Mother Ship raids.

After crafting my 6th T4, I had 3 emp merits and a small handful of threads left over. Remember to use all of your resources, folks. It'll go faster that way.

I routinely T4 out all Incarnate powers by vet level 12-14.  Faster if I’ve got some hand-me-down EMP’s from another alt obviously.  I tend to repeatedly speed-run the DA arc as I can finish that in 10 mins (twice) relative to the 20-25 mins it takes to form up and run a BAF or LAM.  

This generally happens for me in the range of vet level 9 to 12. The best I've done is Vet Level 7.

The key for me, I believe, is to pursue badges in incarnate trials. 

Consider the UGT. It can be darn long, particularly if the league leader wants to snipe the bombs, particularly if there are only a couple of characters with a sufficiently ranged snipe. But, with the zerg method, it really isn't that long. A bit nerve-wracking, but it goes faster, keeping the entire league engaged. 

So why badges? Usually, only an avid badger will notice, but with each badge in an incarnate trial, you get a free random uncommon drop, in addition to the reward table. That's 60 threads of savings there. 
Additionally, if you were to get the master of badge, not only do you get the random uncommon for each of the 4 badges, you also get a random rare. 

And, the reason I bring up the Underground Trial - take a look at this table, particularly the Incarnate Salvage column: 
iTrialsInfo.PNG

As you can see, the Underground is the ONLY trial that guarantees a rare or very rare. MoM, Keyes, TPN, Magi - give an increased chance. 

Another tactic I have used is with my three accounts using collaborative mission completion until the last mission of the arc  - for those Dark Astoria arcs. 

Completing any of the DA arcs gets you the reward table, plus a random common and an emp merit - most of us know this. But, when you have a team who collaboratively completes all but the last mission - and then the team completes each character's final mission of the arc, you get more reward tables, more emp merits, more random commons. 
The larger the team, the more fruitful. 

Another fun fact that not many seem to know is that shards ARE useful. So many folks treat shards with disdain, with the primary reason being - they don't get many. Well, with shards, you don't need that many. A number of the high level tfs give you an option to forgo merits for a shard component. I seldom do this, because in an MSR and a hami raid, shards drop routinely. In fact, on a fire farm, shards drop routinely. And of course, doing the weekly gets you a notice, making the t-3 alpha super simple and fast, if you are letting the game steer you into the right content by chasing the shard carrots. 

Using shards for Alpha saves you a fair number of threads that can be used for the other 5 incarnate slots. Granted, you can only work with what the rng gives you. But, if you realize that shards don't drop during incarnate content, until you get your t-3 alpha, it can pay to avoid the incarnate stuff - at least until those slots are unlocked. On a team of 8 where you're killing through or killing most, you will get a ton of shards. They don't drop like threads, but you need a lot fewer shards than threads. So, if you get 'em, use 'em. 

And if you don't get 'em...well, use threads if you must. Can only work with what you get. But you can steer your character to more shard friendly content. Again, MSRs, Hami Raids (the buds always drop a couple) and any mission where you're killing a bunch of stuff that's not in DA. 

• Like 2

I've got 20 incarnates, of which 17 have full T4. Contrary to what others have said, I find the T4 Alpha, Lore, Destiny and Hybrid powers to be significantly better than the T3 versions. I don't really keep track of when I complete T4 (and I often delay getting Interface), but the one I completed most recently is currently vet level 20 and I probably completed most before that. For the most part I get the salvage by completing incarnate trials and DA arcs. Tinpex is very efficient, as you can get two reward tables plus 80 reward merits in under 30 minutes. If you've got a lot of emp merits, you can also convert them to rares and very rares.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

17 hours ago, Ironblade said:

it just doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade from tier 3.

Such build heresy.

30somethin feels right for full T4. I also email transcendants around and hasten the process when possible. I remember incarnate advancement on live for soloists and it was friggin painful AF. I'm very thankful for the current speed.

18 hours ago, Ironblade said:

On most characters, I don't bother getting all tier 4 because it just doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade from tier 3.

In fact, I have only two characters that are all T4.  I have a beam rifle/kinetics corruptor who is vet 16 and has been all tier 4 for at least 2-3 vet levels.  He was created specifically for Really Hard Way badge runs of the Magisterium.

And I have Ironblade who has ten tier 4 and four tier 3 powers.  I think he has had all of those since about vet level 90 or 95.

I don't plan to make getting 6xT4 a common thing.  My typical goal with 50s is 5xT3 with Alpha at T4.  In the process of that goal, I may end up with enough Empryeons to make something else T4, but not as a specific plan.  I have extra Empryeons because I avoid spending them on the Alpha.

-- Rock

Most of my characters would make it before Vet Level 10, but I run the Dark Astoria Ch1 arc through Ouroboros a lot.

Set it for a difficulty you can solo and it is good for Incarnate salvage and extra E Merits.

You can ghost a fair bit of it or recruit a small team of other 50's and defeat a lot of critters for drops and additional I-Exp.

regards, Screwloose

"I am not young enough to know everythihng."

• Like 2

30-something sounds right to me too.  I am not sure because I don't plan or farm for it.  I just play.  The threads and vet levels eventually result in 6xT4, but they VERY quickly result in 6xT3 and probably a T4 alpha within the first ten or so vet levels.  Just don't see the urgency to push to T4 any faster than that.  

I am at vet level 4 on my new 50. I have tier 4 on everything but Hybrid. I have the Hybrid built (tier 4) but am only 95% to unlocking it.  I had emailed myself 7 transcendent merits so that is where all the parts came from.  I hope to have 3 tier 4 Destinies by Saturday for my SGs incarnate trials

Typically all 6 iPowers are T4d between VL 12 and 24 for me.  I don't pay too much attention to the VL when it happens but I do recognize 12 and 24 because of the significance of the rewards from those 2 levels.  I have noticed I tend to be done with incarnates after I stop getting threads as vet rewards and before Emp rewards decline from 20.

One day I'll make my VL 0 maxed T4 guy.  I've got a lot Emps/Trans merits stored up.  Really a lot.

10 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Typically all 6 iPowers are T4d between VL 12 and 24 for me.  I don't pay too much attention to the VL when it happens but I do recognize 12 and 24 because of the significance of the rewards from those 2 levels.  I have noticed I tend to be done with incarnates after I stop getting threads as vet rewards and before Emp rewards decline from 20.

One day I'll make my VL 0 maxed T4 guy.  I've got a lot Emps/Trans merits stored up.  Really a lot.

i got a little sad burning emps for threads.  but only a little.  all T4 at vet level 5 with 2 Destiny tier 4s,  hope to have the 3rd soon,  not willing to burn more emps quite yet for it

23 hours ago, Snarky said:

i got a little sad burning emps for threads.  but only a little.  all T4 at vet level 5 with 2 Destiny tier 4s,  hope to have the 3rd soon,  not willing to burn more emps quite yet for it

All resources are just resources.

I tend to try to see how close to exactly I can bring in each character with nothing left over.

The last two characters I got to 6x4 for Incarnate powers got there with less than 10 threads and nothing else left over.

regards, Screwloose.

"I am not young enough to know everything."

• Like 1

I tried something different on my latest character.  I leveled her primarily through missions and a farm here and there.  At level 50 all I did was Hami raids, the repeatable DA intro, and anything to do to get Accolades.  She hit full T4 by vet level 10.  She had quite a bit of Emp Merits to make up for the lack of threads she had.

Edited by Xeres

12 hours ago, Cyrickain13 said:

What do you do with the Threads afterwards? I have 1500+ to spend

Only thing you can do is head to Ouroboros and talk to the fairy lady. You can buy huge insps from her and sell them on the market. Would be nice if we could instead convert them to emp merits.