No Vehicles, huh?

kubwulf

Even back in the day, there were only the core travel powers of Flight, Super Speed, Super Jump, and Teleport.  It always amazed me that actual comic characters often had other modes of transportation.  If COH were to implement some form of vehicular travel, what would you like to see?

Cars, motorcycles, gliders, rope swings...  

Sky's the limit folks, what's the dream mode of travel that doesn't currently exist in COH that you would like to have?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taxi driven by a slender, brown friend.

Dragon who bonds for life when it hatches and can go between.

Motorboat.  No, the other motorboat.  Vroom vroom motorboat, not brown chicken, brown cow motorboat.

Heli-carrier.

Marbles.  Lots and lots and lots of marbles.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Motorcycle, for sure.

And a "non-descript van" full of guns for KR Devil.:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I would love a longbow Cataphract that I can ride. Doesn’t even need to be dyeable or anything; some hack that replaces the character model with the robot model is good enough (I see it has animations for being summoned, unsummoned and flying, presumably for group fly). 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, kubwulf said:

Cars, motorcycles, gliders, rope swings... 

Always thought anti-grav grapples would have made an excellent travel power.  Think Spider-Man web shooters, but instead of webbing, a thin, high tensile wire shoots out with a cylindrical anti-grav piece on the end that shoots out to a point then holds position mid-air (no need for walls), allowing swinging below, and turns off the anti-grav and retracts the wire when the other wrist-borne wire is extended.  Perfect for "web slinging" over Talos Harbor, or anywhere else there are no buildings to web to.

Also a flying segway, drawing inspiration from the travel device used by DC comics Orion:

image.png.53b260647014e278262f83b9dcdecd20.png

• Thumbs Up 1