How many performance shifters are too many?

subbacultchas

I'm building a claws/stone scrapper, and intend to take no end recovery from incarnates. I do plan on taking physical perfection, which with the 2 spots from stone and 1 from stamina, gives me a spot for 4 performance shifters in the build. Is this overkill? I could just do the three and pick another power pool, but I really don't want end issues and thinking 4 may be safer with rooteds end defuff protection for malta and such.  Most of the end powers will be dual slotted with 1 50+5 end recovery, and 1 performance shifter except geode which will only have the performance shifter.

Edit: I probably will take Musculature Radial which gives 33% end, but can switch that out for Core too.

Edited by subbacultchas

I honestly do not know the answer to your question, how many Performance Shifters it would take. An interesting question.

But I am wondering about your wording here, I am probably not reading it right, but are you also gonna slot the other various enhancements that help with endurance recovery?

It just sounds like you only using PS +end

The global/unique enhancements Miracle, Numina, Pancea and Theft of Essence all help your endurance.

Presently my intention is Numi, Miracle, Panacea in Health. Crystal, Perfection, Stamina with 1 end 1 Perf Shifter, plus Musculature Radial. Geode with 1 Perf Shifter.

Just unsure if it's overkill, and if so which one puts it over the top and is removable. Hopefully Physical Perfection or Musculature Core, as I have other easy options for those.

I have never slotted more than 2 perf shifters (end mod + proc) on any of my toons. none of them have end issues, although some toons with more toggles tend to consume more of the blue bar. I remember reading somewhere that the chance to heal proc has a factor that cancels itself out if you slot toon many. I'm not sure if that's also the case with the perf shifter proc. At any length, I always aim to get a bigger end bar than faster recovery. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wouldnt bother with slotting it into Geode. That's not an auto power, so unless you just want it to act as a click proc every so often, you might as well just slot a recharge IO into it. Treat it like an in-combat rest power 

• Thumbs Up 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I wouldnt bother with slotting it into Geode. That's not an auto power, so unless you just want it to act as a click proc every so often, you might as well just slot a recharge IO into it. Treat it like an in-combat rest power 

Ah this is good to know. I really didn't want to mess with Geode on a whole honestly.

1 hour ago, Six-Six said:

I have never slotted more than 2 perf shifters (end mod + proc) on any of my toons. none of them have end issues, although some toons with more toggles tend to consume more of the blue bar. I remember reading somewhere that the chance to heal proc has a factor that cancels itself out if you slot toon many. I'm not sure if that's also the case with the perf shifter proc. At any length, I always aim to get a bigger end bar than faster recovery. 

Right on. I think I'm going to stick with the three. I do have a LOT of toggles, all of stone plus tough/weave/maneuvers in the build and I think that should work. I'll be working on a larger bar too via accolades and such. Thanks!

I appreciate the help and input here folks. Sometimes I know it's dumb idea, but it's still a ledge I've got to be talked down from. I'm working on a solid build now, all defenses incarnate capped cept fire/cold at 45 or so. S/L/F/C/T res (maybe psi too) all around 50, enough recovery to run all these toggles and it's freed me up to focus sets more on other bonuses I need, incarnates also. Once I get it up to 50 and all I'll post it somewheres around here.

Edited by subbacultchas

16 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I haven't played the new Stone Armor yet, but does Geode have a similar NoPhase debuff that Hibernate has?  If so, slotting Geode for recharge wouldn't be as useful since the power would have a 120 second lockout anyway.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

12 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I haven't played the new Stone Armor yet, but does Geode have a similar NoPhase debuff that Hibernate has?  If so, slotting Geode for recharge wouldn't be as useful since the power would have a 120 second lockout anyway.

It doesn't use NoPhase

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

10 hours ago, subbacultchas said:

I'm building a claws/stone scrapper, and intend to take no end recovery from incarnates. I do plan on taking physical perfection, which with the 2 spots from stone and 1 from stamina, gives me a spot for 4 performance shifters in the build. Is this overkill? I could just do the three and pick another power pool, but I really don't want end issues and thinking 4 may be safer with rooteds end defuff protection for malta and such.  Most of the end powers will be dual slotted with 1 50+5 end recovery, and 1 performance shifter except geode which will only have the performance shifter.

Edit: I probably will take Musculature Radial which gives 33% end, but can switch that out for Core too.

If I remember correctly, 6 of the same kind is the max that will function on a character.

But I would say if your END is staying up above 25% all of the time, you probably have enough Performance Shifters slotted *

*Disclaimer :: you may need additional END recovery methods if you are fighting Sappers, Shockers, or those with other electrical attacks.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

You need exactly as much as needed to keep your blue bar full. Now someone like Bopper is able to look at a build, calculate endurance costs, calculate the ST rotation, then make you that esoteric math that is an alphabet soup and tell you precisely how much endurance you'd need for a three minute fight and how endurance you'd be in deficit or have extra.

(That's because he's a nerrrrrrrrrrrd).

For the rest of us plainer mortals I say just play the game and look at your blue bar. I've reached a point with some builds where between managing to reach caps without Tough and swapping Maneuvers for Combat Jumping that I no longer use my endurance recovery tools. Moments like that we can skimp on slots and assign them somewhere else.

If you really want to go that extra mile you can import your build to the test server. This is much easier nowadays since the build importing can now auto obtain the IOs you've slotted in Mids which was the part that usually slowed me down the most.  Then go hit a pylon until it breaks and check your endurance along the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are several IO sets that grant endurance discount as a set bonus. Unbreakable Guard grants 2.5% with 2 pieces and Preventative Medicine and Reactive Defenses each grant 3.75% with 5 pieces. (Annihilation grants 3% with 5 pieces, but that's a ranged AoE set.) Getting several of these into your build can go a long way.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, arcane said:

My new StJ/Stone stalker has 4 Performance Shifters and 4 Power Transfers... I definitely have yet to observe any blue bar movement at all so perhaps overkill.

Now there's an idea. How are the Power Transfers working out? I really considered one or two in the build.

6 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

Axe/Stone scrap leaping/fighting/manouvres/focused acc, squeezed in 3 and its just about enough. Til hasten crashes.

Hmm, yeah  this sounds close to what I'm doing as well. Looks like sans geode I'm gonna get three max as is. So I may have to invest in some -end from sets to give a little more wiggle room. Thanks for this!

2 hours ago, BrandX said:

Does the performance shifter in Geode work all the time or only when you use Geode?

It's a clicky so only when the power is clicked.