If you lived in City of Heroes/Villains

FenrisWolf44

Realistically, based on my income and rapidly rising property values, King's Row.  Fortunately, there's plenty of biotech industry in the city, so I'd probably be set for a job.  The commute would be a nightmare, though.

Ideally, if I could ever get a work-from-home gig that reliably pays the bills, Croatoa.  I freaking hate cities.  I'd sooner deal with an eternal war between pumpkin-heads and moose-heads than the noise and bustle and crime and poverty and stupidly high prices for everything that come with city living.

• Like 4

I've never liked cities.... after spending the last few years barely leaving my neighborhood, I've discovered my discomfort has grown into something tangibly more significant.  I might be ok with something on the edges of Talos or PI where I can look out the window at open sky and water and pretend there isn't a city behind me.  Striga Isle is probably the best option, except for the obvious issues with the locals.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

High floor in an Atlas skyscraper. It's pretty, there are always heroes around if anything's going on, if I stay out of the Vazhilok neighbourhoods it's not too lethal, and half the Hellions I could take out with a swing of a laptop bag. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Steel Canyon seems to have the least problems (gangs for the most part and the occasional clockworks), park space unburdened by murderous plants, and a university--which suggests some amount of business aimed at a young crowd and the attendant atmosphere. You are also unlikely to enter a high rise building to find the sewers, unlike Peregrine Island (let alone killer clowns, aliens, snipers, etc.).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, FenrisWolf44 said:

It's ok for superpowered folk, but what if you were just, well, you?

I wouldn't live anywhere in the game.  No deer.  No bears.  No foxes.  No skunks or raccoons or opossums or phoebes or fence lizards or water snakes or anything else interesting and engaging.  Nothing to talk to, nothing to pet, nothing to watch and experience a sense of wonder and happiness.  I'll stay in my magical forest here in the Lumiverse.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Anyone who doesn't leave Paragon City immediately is an utter lunatic. The setting is surprisingly grimdark, absolutely terrible, and Paragon City is the nexus of it.

Leave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

I'd be the Ben Urich of The Row.:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I'd probably live is Cap au Diable, specifically around the University. Streets are quiet, and Arachnos doesn't patrol there.

There's a Vanguard base and a Midnighters Mansion, and an occasional Lightening demon to keep things interesting.

I could store my money in a Vault, that's probably the safest, since I've never seen one get robbed.

The ferry is really close by, incase I want to go grab a Nick's dog.

I'd probably just walk into the University and social hack my way onto the payroll. Do it long enough for a staff turnover and no one will question or remember or care that I technically was never interviewed or hired.

• Like 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

Step 1: Find any stray jet-pack from recently defeated Sky Raider or whatever.

Step 2: Repair said jet-pack to operable condition.

Step 3: Hang out in Atlas Park until some magnanimous hero drops an Oro portal for the newbies.

Step 4: Step through portal, become 1st Civilian to receive `Entrusted With The Secret' and the accompanying ability to make my own Oro Portal.

Step 5: Fly off to one of the surrounding islands of Oro and setup camp.  Preferably one of the waterfall ones for a source of water/power, and with some means of bringing over reclaimed shipping containers for construction.

Step 6: Daily commute with Jetpack and Oro Portals.

• Like 5

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I actually thought of this awhile back and made "me" in game. A StJ/WP scrapper who works in Founders Falls hospital and explores/hikes through the zones exploring them.

I started at lvl 1, I am not running double xp, and only get xp through exploration badges, and breaking up muggings and helping PPD on the streets. 

My home is a cabin by a pond (my SG) made by Faverty Industries aka @PotatoLove .

At some point when I get up to a point that its not sustainable leveling wise I will probably join the military and either go the Vanguard route or joining SG-1, the military in the Shadow Shard. I'm lvl 10 now and in the Hollows exploring.

• Like 3

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I'd have a tiny house in the Chantry. I'm old, so....GET OFF MY ROCK!!

• Haha 4
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

5 hours ago, arcane said:

Hopefully I could score an apartment in Kallisti Wharf. The crime rate seems a smidge lower there.

This. Just don't knock on any doors in the Fall or open any presents in the Winter and you shouldn't have any problems.

Well, Paragon City is supposedly in Rhode Island.

Connecticut is expensive, so I'd probably move to Massachusetts.

I sure as hell would not stay in Paragon unless I had superpowers.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I wouldn't set foot in the City-proper. Nope. No way. Not a chance.

The place is a death-trap.

If I were forced to live anywhere nearby? I might survive Salamanca. Maybe. If I made a point of avoiding the Red Caps. 

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

This is a subject that I expect, for most of us, has come to mind on a number of occasions.  While many of the more "character"-evident Paragon City locations do have their draws - Kings Row primary among them - I find that the Rogue Isles' 18th-19th Century architecture is simply too great an aesthetic appeal to resist.  Mercy Isle would be my preferred spot, or, if the Rogue Isles were taken out of the equation, Croatoa would be the definite fallback.  The most (natural) wildlife-friendly setting in the game, and, were Jack-in-Irons sent to a community college to learn ironsmithing, the place would be a beautiful spot to raise a family.  I imagine many of The Cabal would start to turn their magic toward more community-assist and entertainment purposes, especially after the village pubs started running bring-your-broomstick-in-and-it's-first-drinks-free night...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Krimson said:

The thing is, we don't know what else is there aside from Paragon and Etoile. The rest of the world could be the set of Mad Max.

Nah.  We have cars, trams, helicopters, electronic devices and a wide variety of food choices.

These things require a civilization to produce.

• Like 3

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.