AE Building

Nitekilla

Any big "what happened" change after a patch - Read the patch notes.

Apparently the AE building in Atlas (and I guess Mercy, for the two people playing redside) was causing hordes of people to be utterly unable to navigate out of a paper bag.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

22 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Apparently the AE building in Atlas (and I guess Mercy, for the two people playing redside) was causing hordes of people to be utterly unable to navigate out of a paper bag.

I mean, back on live I had actually heard that be an issue with people not knowing what the hell the tram was and all that. That aside, personally, with an AE accessible to Mercy and Atlas without straying too far from the safe starting area, I kind of feel like those should be removed as well but that's just a personal view. And/or level lock entrance to Pocket D until level 5.

Also kind of wish they kept the AE building design in Atlas and just had the 'Architect entertainment' signs removed and generally converted it into a Freedom Corps building. I mean the AE building design is pretty nice. And now to wait to be ratio'd into oblivion.

/em salutes all

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Also kind of wish they kept the AE building design in Atlas and just had the 'Architect entertainment' signs removed and generally converted it into a Freedom Corps building. I mean the AE building design is pretty nice. And now to wait to be ratio'd into oblivion.

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who said Freedom Corps had a pre-fab building.  So they actually blew up the AE building real good, then 5 minutes later (it's really pre-fab) there was the Freedom Corps building.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

That would be amazing.  Everything still looks more-or-less the same, but the staff are all now wearing FC uniforms and if you talk to one they tell you they'll be moving in soon, and offer to introduce you to a level-appropriate contact.  All the AE stations connect to the Ouro mission list instead.  The AE mission door now teleports you to a random location in the Sewers, and if you go back to AE and complain about it, the FC rep tells you that they're having some problems with the AE technology (okay, maybe not this one).

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

8 hours ago, Greycat said:

It was hilarious because someone would ask and get a civil answer then 1.5 seconds later another would ask the same thing.  That coupled with the Lost Boss Break in DFB caused a large portion of Atlas Park inhabitants to literally vapor lock, so dumbfounded that they couldn't even lose their minds.  It was the best! 🙂

• Haha 6

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

That would be amazing.  Everything still looks more-or-less the same, but the staff are all now wearing FC uniforms and if you talk to one they tell you they'll be moving in soon, and offer to introduce you to a level-appropriate contact.  All the AE stations connect to the Ouro mission list instead.  The AE mission door now teleports you to a random location in the Sewers, and if you go back to AE and complain about it, the FC rep tells you that they're having some problems with the AE technology (okay, maybe not this one).

I really, really like this idea.  The building is still there, it's just Freedom Corps moving in.  It takes care of all the "what happened to AE?" questions organically through game play instead of relying on the meta of asking in chat or having to read the patch notes.  

10 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

I mean, back on live I had actually heard that be an issue with people not knowing what the hell the tram was and all that. That aside, personally, with an AE accessible to Mercy and Atlas without straying too far from the safe starting area, I kind of feel like those should be removed as well but that's just a personal view. And/or level lock entrance to Pocket D until level 5.

I run a lot of PUGs and this was becoming an issue on Homecoming again.

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Thumbs Up 3

59 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I run a lot of PUGs and this was becoming an issue on Homecoming again.

I see this rarely. But yeah, sometimes someone will join the team from Atlas then... nothing.  Often they don't even respond to "are you coming?" queries in team channel and then after a bit are either kicked or quit.

5 minutes ago, ZemX said:

I see this rarely. But yeah, sometimes someone will join the team from Atlas then... nothing.  Often they don't even respond to "are you coming?" queries in team channel and then after a bit are either kicked or quit.

Probably because they are standing in the AE building wondering why they can't get in the portal lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

48 minutes ago, ZemX said:

To be specific. The worse version was when I was running a Apex-Tin Mage. The player was a 50 with their the alpha open. They didn't know to get to RWZ. I am not even sure they knew what RWZ was.

I had to pop out in AP and show them how to get into the Vanguard building.

In their defense, they admitted they were clueless and had been power leveled.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Rugor said:

I really think the devs missed a great opportunity.  They could have turned the AE building in AP to rubble or, have an event where some AE buildings were destroyed and have a memorial built over time for all the farmers lost with the building.

Go check out what happened to the poor old Mercy AE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nitekilla said:

Where is the AE building in Atlas?

It fell under the map. It's still there you just can't access it.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

19 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

I mean, back on live I had actually heard that be an issue with people not knowing what the hell the tram was and all that.

This frustrates me so much - whenever I play a new game that has a world or zone map, I take at least a few moments to see if there are any points of interest marked on it, or any general features that stand out, and in CoH, those map markers are labeled, so there's no excuse!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, biostem said:

This frustrates me so much - whenever I play a new game that has a world or zone map, I take at least a few moments to see if there are any points of interest marked on it, or any general features that stand out, and in CoH, those map markers are labeled, so there's no excuse!

Exploration is the first thing I do.  New world, time to go walkabout!  Must see what there is to be seen, find what there is to be found, aggro EVERYTHING... that last one happens despite my attempts to prevent it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.