Day Jobs: personal value

I've completed all Day jobs on a few characters and realized this morning that I'm not utilizing all I have to the fullest.  I normally park in base, so I have a full change of monitor duty teleports all the time.

I realize each will have their own preference, but which day jobs do you consider important enough to park in for charges?  Do you do a rotation of them, and which ones?

Used to park in Wentworths when that gave a teleport...

I don't generally think about them, honestly.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I always get the hospital/university day jobs first for the ally rez power, after that I go for the SG base, then Ouro/Cim.

If the character isn't taking a flight power, I'll usually park in FBZ to get the jetpack in case I need it.

• Like 2

What this team needs is more Defenders

• Arena/PvP zone for the Defense shield power.
  • Hosp, Univ, or Midnighter Club for the Ally Heal and Ally Rez powers.

But generally, I'm logged out in Ouro for ease of going wherever when logging in.  (So, I guess I get recipe bonus and +Rech on those toons.)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Beguile is nice to have, especially solo as an "oh $hit" leave me-alone power.

The Rescue Response is another option to have if you are moving quickly through a mission and other teleports are not up.

The Recharge from Predator Badge can be nice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

which day jobs do you consider important enough to park in for charges?

I'll log out at a tram station or ferry for the +Movement... if I'm close enough to one.  Otherwise, I log out wherever it's safe and don't think about Day Job powers.  They're not powerful or useful enough to justify spending the couple of minutes it takes to set up for them, or deliberately not playing a favorite character to accumulate more time.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Just the energy shield from arena/pvp zone accolade for synapes/yins

Before I used to care about the ally rez power, then realize not many people die these days and the rez pack from the start vendor has something better

I used to care about the +recharge power but realized its juts 10% and maybe one thing a day with an hours time

then a few infiltration alts at +movement stations

but then not so much care these days

• Like 1

Usually, Hospital for charges of Rez/Heal other (very nice to have when Exemplaring), then Tram to top off my jetpack (SJ here).  After that, I probably should care, but I generally just log off wherever's safe if I don't need either of those.

• Like 1

It depends on the character. I try to find day jobs that can help them a bit.

- for characters with psi holes I like the job in First Ward mental asylum.

- the resistances from Cimerora or Dark Astoria can be nice too on other frail characters.

- characters with endurance issues appreciate the arena. 

- my TA/A defender likes the portal sleep gas because it can stack with her own sleep power..

etc...

• Like 1

I'm often parking characters in the Arenas when possible.  Max End increase plus if you have the PvP zone badge you also get a +Def toggle that can come in handy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Time Lord! When you have both the Chronologist and Cimeroran badges, logging out in Ouro or Cim will give you Time Lord, which is +10% global recharge and +20% Slow RES!

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Official priority is: 

1. Any day job badge I don't have

2. For "semi-retired" characters, who I no longer play but move around to wrap up day jobs for (1) above, the 2 that give XP mission bonuses and the 3 that give inf mission bonuses, so that when I log in every 4 days I can do a mission complete and get max rewards.

3.  Anything that gives a fixed number of charges of whatever.  I like these because I know they won't expire while standing around.

I really like the buffs, but the duration is just too short to worry about.  Dust is maybe my favorite of those but again... almost irrelevant, they're not even active for so much content anyway (like iTrials).

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a bit CDO about getting the Day Job badges, but not so much on the bonus powers.  When I remember, I'll be sure to grab a few charges of ally rez and monitor ones.

I often will log off in Ouro for the recipe bonus.

• Like 2

mostly I just try to keep my jetpack full and my marketer's teleport charged (easy these days since we have so many teleport options)

after that, ouro for the ease of use and recipe bonus

Edited by eiynp
  • Like 1

I have on occasion thought to go park in a tram station as I know it grants... something?  But otherwise, never think about them.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

<.<

>.>

Day_jobs_hoarder.JPG.fd51ec08faa4f745c06c8d70b08bc690.JPG

It depends on the character, some characters I will park at the hospital to accrue Vitalize charges, others I park in D.U.S.T. or Mother Mayhem's.

I wish they'd give the Praetorian Precincts a day job, like a lower version of the D.U.S.T. bonus, just not the XP bonus Paragon Police get.

It'd be nice if standing around the Monkey Fight Cage in Pocket D gave the Duelist/Predator day job.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I roughly use this priority:

1. Travel speed buffs
  2. Invention discounts (IIRC I think the max is ten?) for Purple crafting
  3. Ally heal/rez
  4. self buffs (recharge or defense)

I will also try to keep the base-teleporter charges at max, but that particular power is a "last resort" teleport for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I keep most of my alts logged out in police stations, for the XP bonus. I recently cycled all of my alts through hospitals for the ally heal/rez powers. I'd previously ignored those because I play exclusively solo, but after 4+ years I made the discovery that those powers also work on NPC allies.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, FlammeFatale said:

- for characters with psi holes I like the job in First Ward mental asylum.

I'd forgotten the reward on that one.  I'll have to start parking my high-level characters there.   (New players: Psi attacks are more prominently found in enemies at higher levels, though it can be found elsewhere.)

12 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I have on occasion thought to go park in a tram station as I know it grants... something?  But otherwise, never think about them.

+Movement Speed.  Quoting the wiki:

Before a character earns this badge:

For every 2 hours logged out, a character gains 1 minute duration, up to a maximum of 2 hours duration.

After a character earns this badge:

For every 1.4 hours logged out, a character gains 1 minute duration, up to a maximum of 2 hours duration.

4 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I wish they'd give the Praetorian Precincts a day job, like a lower version of the D.U.S.T. bonus, just not the XP bonus Paragon Police get.

It'd be nice if standing around the Monkey Fight Cage in Pocket D gave the Duelist/Predator day job.

Seeing as Praetoria is a start for characters, and that those characters are unable to cross into the red/blue sides until missions around level 20 (though they can access Pocket D), I'd put a priority on matching any day jobs normally acquired in the red/blue sides at levels up to 20.  They may have already done that, admittedly. I've only one gold-side character at the moment and haven't investigated.  I'll have to correct that.

2 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Great thread, thank you.

I also do the day job for badges.

But some of these I had not of pursuing.

Thanks.  This is a good spot for helping our new players (and reminding old ones of the details) by inserting a link to the wiki's extensive list of Day Jobs/Accolades and their rewards.  For the uninitiated, an Accolade occurs when your character has earned the required two Day Job badges, and gains its own reward.

19 minutes ago, RikOz said:

I keep most of my alts logged out in police stations, for the XP bonus. I recently cycled all of my alts through hospitals for the ally heal/rez powers. I'd previously ignored those because I play exclusively solo, but after 4+ years I made the discovery that those powers also work on NPC allies.

A good point made regarding the benefit to NPC allies.  Useful on those missions where one has to keep a wandering rescue alive.

Regarding the XP bonus, do you continue to do that once they reach 50, in hopes of advancing veteran levels?

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1