Focused Feedback: Electrical Affinity - Name

Jimmy

1 hour ago, DR_Mechano said:

I'm fine with the new name BUT I will throw my hat into the Ring for Surge Protector or Voltaic Recovery. Both abbreviate down to SP or VR, none of which are currently used. EA is already used for Electric Armor AND Energy Aura.

And could be used for Earth, Electricity, and Energy Assault, which is why people usually refer to them as earth, elec, and energy; there's also ElA (Electricity Assault or Electric Armor) and a variety of other abbreviations that are taken from context - I doubt people are going to think that an EA/DP Defender is using Energy Aura.

Well, let's look at the sets that have come before, and see if there's any sort of pattern:

Errr... umm.... nope. So, I think whatever the devs want, with some advice from the playerbase - perhaps a poll, and the Devs pick from the top three vote-getters?

• Like 1
I'm out.

55 minutes ago, Tugzug said:

I agree that the new name is sort of at odds with how most support sets are named. Galvanism is definitely my favorite take of the suggestions here.

This. I've been trying to find combinations, Galvanic Affinity etc. But Galvanism is my number one, maybe in part because I've got an Elec controller named Galvanic Gal I did as a 30s-40s throwback.

2 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Well, let's look at the sets that have come before, and see if there's any sort of pattern:

Errr... umm.... nope. So, I think whatever the devs want, with some advice from the playerbase - perhaps a poll, and the Devs pick from the top three vote-getters?

Pattern is not quite what you're looking for. It's a naming convention for power sets which is, simplistic and alludes to the function of the set. It's not specific to support sets, It's why most things have their literal description in the name, with support they deviated a little because Bubble Support or Healing Support might be a little too simplistic and not very heroic sounding so they went with Force Field and Empathy both of these are still simplistic and give a general idea on what the set might be through the name. Electric Affinity works out nicely because it's simplistic and alludes to it being a support set, which was my issue with shock therapy and 95% of the names suggested so far, they meet neither of those two qualifiers for the overall naming convention of power sets and fit in more with actual individual powers, like surge protector or galvanic (see the ability in the set named Galvanic Sentinel).

Energy Blast

Energy Armor

Elec Armor

Elec Control

Elec Blast

Edited by Super Atom

Can we go all generic?

Cold Support

Dark Support

Electric Support

Empathetic Support

Bubble Support

Kinetic Support

Nature Support

Poison Support

Radiation Support

Sonic Support

Storm Support

Thermal Support

Time Support

Gadget Support

Arrow Support

Fire Melee

Dark Melee

Ice Melee

Psionic Melee

Kinetic Melee

Savage Melee

Axe Melee

Blades Melee

Super Stong Melee

Katana Melee

Big Ass Railroad Crossing Melee

Stone Melee

🙂

Edited by Bopper
Being super sarcastic...and I wanted to suggest Big Ass Railroad Crossing Melee
  • Confused 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

9 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Can we go all generic?

Cold Support

Dark Support

Electric Support

Empathetic Support

Bubble Support

Kinetic Support

Nature Support

Poison Support

Radiation Support

Sonic Support

Storm Support

Thermal Support

Time Support

Gadget Support

Arrow Support

Fire Melee

Dark Melee

Ice Melee

Psionic Melee

Kinetic Melee

Savage Melee

Axe Melee

Blades Melee

Super Stong Melee

Katana Melee

Big Ass Railroad Crossing Melee

Stone Melee

You've inspired me to make a new image macro:

r45JHFp.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
I'm out.

1 minute ago, The Philotic Knight said:

You've inspired me to make a new image macro:

r45JHFp.png

Stealing

• Haha 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Almost two weeks and approaching 300 replies.. maybe the whole set should just be shelved.

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 minutes ago, Troo said:

Almost two weeks and approaching 300 replies.. maybe the whole set should just be shelved.

Noooo.....

you-know-i-love-my-big-beef-and-cheddar.gif