Yellow Salvage Prices

Herotu

Hi everybody.

Please bear in mind that this is not a complaint, it's simply an observation/intrigue post. It's sad that I have to point this out, but the internet is filled with dickheads now that poor people can afford computers. haha gotcha!

The price of yellow salvage used to vary between 5,000 and 20,000, on the whole.

As you may or may not have noticed, the price of Yellow salvage appears to have increased considerably lately. We're now looking at 10,000-50,000.

I wonder;

• [edit] Are Market-Bots at work, autoflipping yellows for profit, and are they permitted by the ToS/EULA or whatever we accept at login?
  • Is the price being manipulated because yellow salvage is used in nearly all recipes?
  • Has the auto-price been increased by the developers?
  • Has the price increased because there are fewer players in the game, which seems odd because then supply AND demand disappear.
  • Has the price increased because there are more people who ONLY play the market?
  • Have the people who farmed that "Story of a Really Big Dog" mission stopped doing so?

I suspect it's the latter.

Why do YOU think yellows have increased in price?

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

I'm not near a machine to see it NOW, but late last night I was buying salvage of every stripe and the prices were 'normal' for a Sunday night - common was ~500, uncommon ~5000 and rare was ~550000.  

If the last 'sold for' amount is crazy, it might be from a particularly impatient crafter; I know I'm guilty of occasionally bidding 10x or 20x for white/yellow salvage just to speed up the buy.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

You just have to look at the bid amounts and you realize someone is buying these and reselling them.  There is almost 30,000 bids in on yellow salvage.  That is not the typical market scenario. 

Common salvage = 2k bids.

Uncommon salvage = 28.8k bids.

Rare salvage - 19k bids.  

The only thing I don't understand, is why someone is doing it?  The amount of effort involved in bidding, collecting, reposting for what might amount to even a few k profit on each one...you'd think that time would be better spent on something with a better return. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Herotu said:

<snip>

Why do YOU think yellows have increased in price?

I rarely buy salvage and sell most of it below market price on all of my characters below 30.

Regarding the buy prices seen? I didn't see them that high last night when I was unloading loot and it wouldn't matter anyway, I bid for what I'm willing to pay (usually a lot less that the average price) and I'm generally not in a hurry. I've picked up ATOs for a quarter of their average selling price (or even less) by being patient.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I've noticed it fluctuating to higher numbers a lot more recently. I find it strange, since I always bung all of my white and yellow salvage onto the AH for 20 inf. 10-20k seems like pocket change not worth typing when selling stuff.

1 hour ago, wolfshadow31 said:

You just have to look at the bid amounts and you realize someone is buying these and reselling them.  There is almost 30,000 bids in on yellow salvage.  That is not the typical market scenario. 

Common salvage = 2k bids.

Uncommon salvage = 28.8k bids.

Rare salvage - 19k bids.  

The only thing I don't understand, is why someone is doing it?  The amount of effort involved in bidding, collecting, reposting for what might amount to even a few k profit on each one...you'd think that time would be better spent on something with a better return. 

Ugh. Can't people just be happy price-fixing LotG's and whatnot, they have to try and do it with salvage, too?

• Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

If someone is manipulating things, which is possible they are doing it simply for amusements sake and I'm sure it will stop soon enough. 

I buy my commons/uncommon a little over 500/2000 typically with no issues at all. Think I have bought 2 Rates since coming back. 

People will pay what they pay. 

Edited by Sakai

I knew an apple farmer once whose uncle was named Bung.

On the topic at hand, my incoming supply of yellow salvage drops are typically sufficient to meet my demand, and I occasionally sell off a few stacks. I was a bit shocked to see the price three stacks fetched yesterday (which this thread helps explain, as it was more than I normally get), and even more shocked at what a couple of stacks of white salvage brought in.

salvage_prices.jpg

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 2

I noticed this as well when I was buying yellow salvage a week or so ago, normally a bid price of 8-900 would fill within hours, I had bids as high as 1500 go unfilled for a couple of days, and was seeing sale prices over 10k, which I hadn't seen since the first few days of Homecoming.  I grabbed some yellow salvage I had lying around and sold it while the price was high, but I was also wondering what could drive it up like that, with built in interconvertability I would have though the sales volume on a tier would be too high to try to drive up the price.  

1 hour ago, Budo said:

What's that now?

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

I have a Dominator named Bung. 

20 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I knew an apple farmer once whose uncle was named Bung.

Every now and again, I'm reminded that I'm not among other Brits.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My theory?  Insufficient supply.

White Salvage is dime-a-dozen.

Orange Salvage is getting mass produced by Merits, Tickets, and/or Brainstorms.

Yellow Salvage is pretty much only from regular drops during gameplay.  I suspect if more people would craft up some Yellows from Brainstorms, then the price could drop.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Slight correction, I don't always delete non rare salvage. Sometimes I'll go up to a random player and start giving it to them until I run out, their inventory is full, or they run away. 

Gift griefer!!!

I hope you only do this on your villains, right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Slight correction, I don't always delete non rare salvage. Sometimes I'll go up to a random player and start giving it to them until I run out, their inventory is full, or they run away. 

That's awful!  At least you could give them converters or something useful.

• Like 3

Who run Bartertown?

Probably people being impatient. I’m one of those people. I will bid up to 10k per yellow salvage so that I can do my enhancement conversion market routine for the evening. Only if I forget to put in my bids the night before though. To make it fast though I still always put 5k bids the evening before.