Mids' Reborn Unofficial (MRBU)

Felis Noctu

I dont mean to sidetrack this thread further, but I believe the problem with claws on stone armor is due to the granite armor changing your costume to a fixed rock form. There's no way of adding claws to the rock, is my understanding.

That being said, let's get back on track with MRBU or Mids related discussion. Suggestions and Feedback is more appropriate for this claws/stone armor discussion.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 5/14/2020 at 5:48 PM, Frostweaver said:

That is literally the weirdest thing ever. I mean, tankers can do it, why not brutes?

Because Tankers didn't have access to Claws in the live game - the set was proliferated onto them in i25 and the restriction on combining it with stone armor was not kept.

This is something we'll need to investigate.

The way these powers are restricted from each other is something we can't replicate in-tool, as it's a restriction on an entire powerset rather than just a single power or collection of powers. In the current state we can tell it that "these powers shouldn't go together" and then Mids will complain if you try, but removing the ability to select the power at all is something we can't current accomplish.

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

1 hour ago, Felis Noctu said:

but removing the ability to select the power at all is something we can't current accomplish.

Because it's available for some secondaries, but not all of them ... which is an edge case condition that Mids' was not originally built to guard against.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

3 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Because it's available for some secondaries, but not all of them ... which is an edge case condition that Mids' was not originally built to guard against.

There's quite a bit that Mids wasn't originally built to do, but then it was slapped on top. The issue here is that the functionality was coded into the program but then wasn't given accessibility through the editor.

PZjpf1r.png

I should probably clarify. We would probably be able to implement the correction if we could write the correct CSV string. I personally don't have access to the old CSV files, so that's something I'd need to pester Metallios about. The issue currently is that the interface you see above only allows us to select the specific power; we can't select a powerset directly.

enHiy8a.png

Alternatively, if that Mutually Exclusive Sets option was working as intended, we could use that instead. This is one of the many things on our "functionality fix" list. 😛

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

We're aware that the recent update of Mids Official is *borked* in a number of ways, so for now I'm putting a halt on reports (at least in the Discord server) until we can resolve the big problems.

We do have another update planned, but we don't have an estimate quite yet outside of "tomorrow". I don't think any of us are sure how these bugs managed to slip by (given we've been internally testing many of these changes ourselves for quite a while), but we're doing what we can to clean up the mess.

We were all pretty amped to get anything published, really, Metalios included, so I think we just kinda jumped the gun a bit. This one surprised us just as much as everyone else! Sorry everyone!

• Like 2

~ The Meowcronomicon

I just downloaded and installed the update, and it seems to work okay, but I've lost all of the enhancement icons.  If I open a build, everything is slotted and you can see the levels that the slots were added - you just can't see the icons.  Did I miss something somewhere?  Thanks. 

image.thumb.png.b3a99c37b7683181625aca050bb9bc27.png

Edited by OnePatriot

2 hours ago, OnePatriot said:

I just downloaded and installed the update, and it seems to work okay, but I've lost all of the enhancement icons.  If I open a build, everything is slotted and you can see the levels that the slots were added - you just can't see the icons.  Did I miss something somewhere?  Thanks. 

You missed nothing. There were some bugs that have been identified and fixes implemented. Some other stuff is being looked at, but hopefully an update gets pushed today.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

On 3/24/2020 at 3:40 AM, Felis Noctu said:

Mids' Reborn Unofficial

Current MRBU Release Database Version: 20.2604

Latest Release: 2020-03-26 (1120pm PST)

Why?

Mids' is an awesome and incredibly useful program, but unfortunately its maintainers come and go. The current official dev team is indisposed for one reason or another, and while they do intend to return, Homecoming continues trucking forward with new updates and fresh content. Not only that, there's a number of lingering quirks and inconsistencies that could use some tender loving care.

The devs have given so much to this community. It's time for the community to give a little back!

Who?

@Zed (Discord: Zed#7901)
@Felis Noctu (Discord: Feles Noctis#9086)
@Procat (Discord: Procat#3599)
Crytilis/Metalios (Discord: Metalios#2673)

When?

Frequently! Zed and I are building lists that contain anything from major bugs and missing content to picking nits over tiny details, and whenever we have the time and the urge we poke around and tweak a few things. Even better, the more info all of you can feed us, the more things we have to pull from!

• Release will be updated when we have more polished content at a nonspecific time, generally after both Zed and I are done for the day.
  • Bleeding Edge may be updated anywhere from once every few days to multiple times a day based on how much we're doing! But keep in mind it may not be as complete. Mondays are my cleanup day.

Where?

MRBU

Mids' Reborn Hero Designer v2.6.0.7 (required)

Mids' Discord Server

How?

Release Builds

• Click Download Release Build
  • Click first archive under "Assets" section of most recent release

• Open downloaded file

• Extract contents of "MRB-Updates-######" to Mids install folder, overwriting as prompted

• For a clean install, only extract the "Data" and "Images" folders

Bleeding Edge Builds

What?

MRBU Features

• Easy Bug/Error Reporting
    • More of a Github feature than ours specifically, but Github has an Issues board that makes it easy to report and track bugs, features, and anything else we or you may need to know about. We'll definitely be keeping an eye on the forum thread, but issues reported on Github are likely to see a faster turnaround as they're much easier to keep track of! We've included a relatively simple reporting template that should fit most problems you may come across,
    • Issues Reporting on Github
  • Database Version Number
    • The official Mids' DB version is 19.1021. MRBU is going to be formatting the version based on the Homecoming release our changes are majority-supporting. This means that, as of this writing, our DB supports Issue 26, Page 4, so the version number is 20.2604. When Page 5 releases, our DB number will only change once we're confident we have the majority of the update implemented. To help us we this...
  • Homecoming Beta Server Previews
    • Beta-specific changes and content will be added to Mids using the identifier "zn_" (new) or "zc_" (changed) before the name. This sorts the beta set to the bottom of its respective list, making them easy to find. Depending on whether this is NEW content or CHANGED content may affect your builds in different ways, which is explained in the FAQs below.

FAQs

Reveal hidden contents
  • BETA PREVIEWS: "Do you plan to remove "z_PowersetNameHere" when the beta changes go live? What happens to our builds then?"
    • That depends on whether the beta powerset in question is a NEW set or a CHANGED set, due to how saved builds and powerset IDs work.
      • NEW sets will not affect your build when they're pushed to live. The "z_" is purely visual in these cases, and the powerset was built into Mids' just like the others, with a powerset ID that intends to stay. We'll change the display name when the time times and the powerset will rearrange itself into the list alphabetically, so you probably won't even notice.
      • CHANGED sets are a little trickier and a bit less user-friendly. We recommend that if you want to edit an existing build to use beta changes to see how they'll affect your character, that you also save a unique version of the build labeled as BETA in some fashion so as to not overwrite your live build. This is because, unlike NEW sets, CHANGED sets are a duplicated, entirely new instance of that powerset with a unique identifying ID.
        When the beta changes are pushed to live, these changes will be copied into their live powerset counterparts then the beta powerset is removed. Saved builds use the powerset ID to know what to put where, so any builds with CHANGED sets will complain at that time and be missing powers at those levels. This doesn't corrupt the build! Slots will even persist in those locations, so all you'll need to do is add the live versions of those powers and the enhancements you used.
        (Example)
    • We understand that the issues involving CHANGED sets aren't ideal. Thankfully it doesn't cause permanent damage, it's just a bit of a hassle. We believe that, in the end, being able to see what your builds will look like in the future is worth this minor nuisance.

Archived Patch Notes (see download package for recent changes)

Reveal hidden contents

2.6.0.7 I26P4 Patch Notes (as of 2020-03-25)

Reveal hidden contents

2.6.0.7 I26P4

MRBU Features
Database Version Number

• As of this Issue/Page number, the Mids database version is going to be formatted to match the year and matching Homecoming Issue/Page number of the last update, in order to make comparing versions at a glance easier for both devs and players.
    • Year: 2020
      HC Vers: Issue 26, Page 4
      DB Date: 23/03/2020
      DB Vers: 20.2604

Homecoming Beta Server Previews

• We’re in the process of adding Beta-specific content and changes to Mids’ to allow for analysis and number crunching of Homecoming’s beta changes. These sets may be found by looking for anything beginning with “zn_” (new) or "zc_" (changed), which in the case of powersets will push them to the bottom of their respective lists.
  • As the beta server is changing much more frequently than on live, and the beta BIN files are currently difficult to parse to extract raw data, this added content may not always be 100% accurate. We’ll do our best to get them as close as we can!

General Archetype Updates
Brute

• Fiery Aura powers updated to reflect current in-game values

Corruptor

• Most primary specialization powers updated to reflect current in-game values
    • Does not include Snipe powers at this time
  • Many Storm Summoning powers updated to reflect current in-game values

Scrapper / Stalker

• Fix for Ancillary pool being locked when adding a snipe power
    • To accomplish this, Quick Form has been moved from ancillary pools to class inherent abilities - so it's always there even if you don't take any snipe power. This change might unlock your existing builds, but that hasn’t been tested.

Tanker & Brute Changes
AoEs, Scaling & Stats, and Others

• These changes are wide-reaching and difficult to manage from a purely database-editing angle. Mids’ does have AT class modifiers integrated, however they’re hardcoded and compiled as part of the program itself. As well, they’re massive lists of values that would need to be carefully adjusted based on what Homecoming currently uses, which would require being able to get a hold of that information. BIN parsing for the game files still isn’t at 100%, and as such we’re taking the more difficult path and updating each power’s values individually, a very slow process. As such some values may not match in-game numbers. This is an ongoing process.
    • Brute Primaries > Status unknown
    • Brute Secondaries > Status unknown
    • Tanker Primaries > WIP
    • Tanker Secondaries > WIP
      • Updated:
        • Battle Axe
        • Broad Sword
        • Claws
        • Dark Melee
        • Electrical Melee
        • Energy Melee

Powers
Powers Update & Fixes

• The following powers had their scaling resistance bonuses reimplemented:
    (the expressions existed but were ignored by Mids, leaving them at zero)
    • Arachnos Widow > Teamwork > Foresight
    • Brute > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Brute > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Brute > Super Reflexes > Lucky
    • Scrapper > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Scrapper > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Scrapper > Super Reflexes > Lucky
    • Sentinel > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Sentinel > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Sentinel > Super Reflexes > Enduring
    • Stalker > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Stalker > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Tanker > Super Reflexes > Agile
    • Tanker > Super Reflexes > Dodge
    • Tanker > Super Reflexes > Lucky
  • The following powers had their damage over time values corrected:
    • Corruptor > Beam Rifle > Lancer Shot
    • Corruptor > Fire Blast > Rain of Fire
    • Corruptor > Ice Blast > Blizzard
    • Corruptor > Ice Blast > Ice Storm
    • Corruptor > Storm Summoning > Freezing Rain
    • Corruptor > Water Blast > Whirlpool
  • The following powers have been marked as a click-buff to allow toggling of the effect:
    • Blaster > Temporal Manipulation > Chronos
    • Dominator > Martial Assault > Envenomed Blades
    • Pools > Presence > Unrelenting
  • Arachnos Widow > Fortunata Teamwork > Mind Link: Values adjusted
  • Arachnos Widow > Widow Training > Follow Up: Damage and ToHit bonuses now scale
    • Damage: 30% per stack, up to 4 stacks (120%)
    • ToHit: 10% per stack, up to 4 stacks (40%)
  • Arachnos Widow > Widow Teamwork > Mind Link: Various values adjusted
  • Blaster > Atomic Manipulation > Beta Decay: Recharge bonus now scale correctly
    • 10% base + 2.5% per stack, up to 10 stacks (25%)
  • Blaster > Plant Manipulation > Wild Fortress: Absorb value adjusted
  • Blaster > Tactical Arrow > ESD Arrow
    • Endurance cost adjusted
    • Description updated
  • Pools > Flight > Hover: Endurance cost adjusted
  • Sentinel > Invulnerability > Durability: Absorb changed to MaxHP
    NOTE: In-game information claims MaxAbsorb, but power effects extracted from game files as of 2020-03-08 indicate MaxHP. This means it will not be enhanced by Cardiac Radial Alpha.
  • Sentinel > Radiation Armor > Particle Shielding: Allowed slotting of EndMod enhancements

Super Reflexes / Arachnos Widow Foresight

• SR’s original implementation was Scrapper-exclusive and relied on a flat, consistent, non-AT-modified, unenhanceable, unbuffable slope for its values as its passives’ resistances scaled up. When the set/effect was proliferated to other archetypes this slope was maintained with only minor adjustments to the base values.
    • Brute, Scrapper, and Tanker resistance begins building at 60% Max HP, reaching 20% resistance per passive at 0% Max HP
    • Sentinel/Stalker resistance begins building at 60% Max HP, reaching 25% res per passive at 0% Max HP
    • Arachnos Widow > Teamwork > Foresight resistance begins building at 75% Max HP, reaching 32.25% at 0% Max HP
      NOTE: Game description states it gives slope resistance to all damage types, but like SR's passives Foresight does not actually include Psionic or Toxic resistance.

Pools

• Pools > Fighting > Cross Punch: Reordered power in set to avoid confusion
  • Pools > Force of Will > Weaken Resolve: Reenabled slotting of Accurate ToHit Debuff enhancement sets as per in-game Manage Slots UI
    → NOTE: If these IO sets cannot actually be slotted in-game, the Homecoming dev team should be informed.

• Sorcery and Force of Will are now mutually exclusive. In addition to a visual clue, there is a note about it in the powersets' descriptions
    → KNOWN ISSUE: Exclusivity is only shown when attempting to take powers from two sets.

Incarnates

• Enabling a Diamagnetic Interface will no longer debuff the player's regeneration, resistances, or tohit
  • Enabling a Reactive Interface will no longer debuff the player's resistances

IO Sets

• ATO > Might of the Tanker resistance proc no longer affected by Musculature Alpha
  • ATO > Superior Might of the Tanker resistance proc no longer affected by Musculature Alpha
  • Aegis: Psionic/Status Resistance effect text updated to reflect actual psionic resistance bonus
  • Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown
    • This set will now only affect the power it is slotted in, as in-game.

Powers (HC beta)
New Support Powerset: Electrical Affinity

• Label: zn_Electrical Affinity
    Up to date as of I26p5 Build 4
  • Currently implemented for Controllers, Corruptors, Defenders, & Masterminds
    → KNOWN ISSUE: Mids does not currently appear to be able to display Targeted Absorbs, so Insulating Circuit will show as (Self).

→ KNOWN ISSUE: We do not currently have the full power data and are working from the in-game tooltips, and are using raw numbers instead of values affected by AT-modifiers. As such the numbers may not be 100% accurate at all times. The Homecoming team has been contacted about the possibility of getting their powers-related files directly.

• Shock cast time has been increased to 12s from 8s

• Chain distance has been added as radius

• Mastermind: Defibrillate enhancements updated

• Controller, Corruptor, & Defender Defibrillate enhancements updated to mirror Mastermind

New Origin Power Pool: Experimentation

• Label: zn_Experimentation
    Up to date as of I26p5 Build 4
  • Added powerset icon
  • Added scales and modifiers so it has variance among ATs
  • Experimentation > Corrosive Vial:
    • Effects now use pseudo-pet

Power Updates & Fixes

• The following Leadership (zc_Leadership) powers have had their activation time reduced from 3.63 seconds to 1.5 seconds
    • Pools > Leadership > Maneuvers
    • Pools > Leadership > Assault
    • Pools > Leadership > Tactics

Pools

• Experimentation, Sorcery, and Force of Will are now mutually exclusive. In addition to a visual clue, there is a note about it in the powersets' descriptions.
    → KNOWN ISSUE: Exclusivity is only shown when attempting to take powers from two sets.

IO Sets

• NEW
    • Artillery (Targeted AoE, Rare, 30-50)
    • Bombardment (Targeted AoE, Rare, 30-50)
    • Preemptive Optimization (Endurance Modification, Uncommon, 21-50)
    • Power Transfer (Endurance Modification, Rare, 21-50)
    • Synapse’s Shock (Endurance Modification, Rare, 21-50)
  • Artillery set icon updated
  • Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self no longer marked as Unique

To-Do
General

• Snipe powers may be missing data
  • Water Jet may be missing some data

Power Updates & Fixes

• Dominator > Martial Assault > Envenomed Blades: Correct power not adding toxic damage to other attacks
  • Pools > Force of Will > Weaken Resolve: Reenable slotting of Accurate ToHit Debuff enhancement sets
  • Scrapper > Titan Weapons > Defensive Sweep: Correct defense bonus to in-game value of 11.25%

Known Issues
Need More Information

• Water Jet damage value for Blasters doesn’t match in-game.
    → Will need to investigate calculation differences

Can’t/Won’t Fix

• ATOs and Superior ATOs are not marked as mutually exclusive.
    → Won't fix. Not related to database, and would require extensive Mids’ code changes to accomplish.

i dont understand any of this,, followed steps and im lost. my mids still showing 2.7.1.15 help

IRON ASCENSION - ALL HUMAN PB

IRON-WIDOW - WIDOW

IRON BLADE - PSI/NINJA BLASTER

IRON RAIN - WATER/MA BLASTER

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! Metalios hasn't gone completely insane yet!

Also, Mids Reborn v2.7.2.10 has been released!

The changes as usual can be found in the #patch-notes channel on the Discord. However, the key points we want to highlight are:

• An entirely new update system that displays the patch notes for the version you're updating to
    • With that, the ability for us to separate app updates from database updates. Faster updates in the future!
    • Also with that, we can now provide multiple manifests. Are you someone who likes beta testing? We can add a unique manifest for MRBU!
  • Speaking of MRBU, Mids contains all the most recent fixes
  • Fixes? Like Force Feedback? It actually works again? Holy crap!
  • Not just that, but PPM calculations have been reworked
  • All ATs now use the *correct* modifier tables for things. Shock and awe!
  • And more!

Now, there is a catch. For this version of Mids you're going to want to completely uninstall Mids and redownload from the links provided below, or in the first post of the Mids Reborn thread. The previous couple of releases had unexpected complications, and this new version also uses a new, more efficient compression method that the old update system doesn't like.

So again, please uninstall, redownload, and reinstall to enjoy the new update!

-----

Homecoming thread: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7645-mids-reborn-hero-designer/

Prerequisites (new!): .NET 4.8 - https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/thank-you/net48

(64-bit) MRB 2.7.2.10 Installer: https://midsreborn.com/download/MRB_Setup.msi
(64-bit) MRB 2.7.2.10 Zip: http://midsreborn.com/download/MRB_2.7.2.10_Windows.zip

(32-bit/WINE) MRB 2.6.1.25 Installer: https://midsreborn.com/download/MRB_Setup.exe
(32-bit/WINE) MRB 2.6.1.25 Zip: https://midsreborn.com/download/MRB_2.6.1.25_32bit.zip

-----

(Please note that, unfortunately, at this time PVP-related values may not be correct. Homecoming introduced new modifier tables specifically for PVP. Implementing those is a little trickier than just updating the existing ones, and would require an overhaul of every single power in the game. It's on our todo list, but ouch!)

Edited by Felis Noctu
Updating links for new 32bit version

~ The Meowcronomicon

Uninstalled and installed 2.7.2.10 and immediately ran in to a problem - clicking a .mxd file opens in a blank plan (for a magic blaster). Opening a .mxd from within Mids Reborn works ok. Looked through the registry didn't see anything obviously incorrect. This happening to anyone else?

It looks like a change was made to the color of selected powers.  Previously a selected power was yellow and a non-selected power was blue -- these colors have now been swapped.  Can this be changed back?  It's difficult to look at since I'm used to the opposite.

26 minutes ago, Meknomancer said:

Trying to install new version keep getting the message:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\RebornTeam\MidsReborn\Data\patchnotesrtf.

Verify you have access to that directory

You might need to do a full uninstall. Go into your control panel, go into programs, and find where mids reborn is. Uninstall, then reinstall using the first post of Mids Reborn (official)

4 hours ago, darkgob said:

It looks like a change was made to the color of selected powers.  Previously a selected power was yellow and a non-selected power was blue -- these colors have now been swapped.  Can this be changed back?  It's difficult to look at since I'm used to the opposite.

Are you talking about in the powerset list on the right hand side?

I've haven't experienced what you're describing. Since we started working on Mids again, non-selected powers were yellow and selected were blue (or red when we had that theme). We certainly didn't make any changes in that area for this last update.

By random chance would you happen to have any screenshots of it the way you're used to? Scratching my head over this one.

Edited by Felis Noctu

~ The Meowcronomicon

1 hour ago, Meknomancer said:

First thing I tried its not in the add/remove programs list. Not sure what I did wrong.

Did you use the installer in the past or did you extract from a zip? Those will have slightly different issues.

~ The Meowcronomicon

2 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

Trying to install new version keep getting the message:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\RebornTeam\MidsReborn\Data\patchnotesrtf.

Verify you have access to that directory

Make sure the entire RebornTeam folder is deleted before doing the new install.  After I uninstalled the previous version of Mids that folder was still there with a couple folders and files (an icon for the Force of Will set, for some reason).

27 minutes ago, Felis Noctu said:

Are you talking about in the powerset list on the right hand side?

I've haven't experienced what you're describing. Since we started working on Mids again, non-selected powers were yellow and selected were blue (or red when we had that theme). We certainly didn't make any changes in that area for this last update.

By random chance would you happen to have any screenshots of it the way you're used to? Scratching my head over this one.

I just uninstalled 2.7.2 and ran the Mids installer that I downloaded last August (MRB_Setup.exe, versus the MRB_Setup.msi that I downloaded today), but when I launch Mids it shows that it's the 2.7.2 version instead of whatever I had before was (2.6.x IIRC).  Unfortunately I don't think I have any screenshots from before I installed the new version (will dig around though, who knows), and now it seems impossible to roll back.

EDIT: Okay, this will clear up part of the confusion, I was misremembering partly -- but the colors HAVE changed.  Found this in the HC Discord posted October of last year:

callswarm.png

This is what I'm used to seeing -- selected powers being colored as green.  Although this screenshot doesn't show it, I recall non-available powers being some darker color instead of the (off?) white that is used now.

Edited by darkgob

8 minutes ago, darkgob said:

EDIT: Okay, this will clear up part of the confusion, I was misremembering partly -- but the colors HAVE changed.  Found this in the HC Discord posted October of last year:

This is what I'm used to seeing -- selected powers being colored as green.  Although this screenshot doesn't show it, I recall non-available powers being some blue-ish color.

That I do remember, but a very long time ago. Certainly not since I started working on Mids with the others. I'll pass this along.

~ The Meowcronomicon

@darkgob

Good news!

AXIl1K9.png

In your configuration there's a color option for all the various text strings in Mids. You can set them to whatever you like by clicking on the entry!

The color scheme changed to Yellow and Blue with Mids 2.6 it sounds like. Having you uninstall and reinstall Mids may have reset your configuration, which is why this sudden change happened. Thankfully it's an easy fix!

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1

~ The Meowcronomicon