Favourite Piece of In-Game Music

City of Heroes (and City of Villains, and Going Rogue, et cetera) have some really iconic music!  . . . and, well, while some (most) of them use open source sound fonts . . . that doesn't mean that they weren't composed well!  Like, really well!

Ever since City of Villains Beta, I've had a spot in my heart-shaped tentacle core for the Fort Blood track.

But I also really, really enjoy J13_Loop/Faded!

How's abouts yous?

The Jackpot neighborhood music from Saint Martial.

(Jackpot was Kestrel and Cardinal's base of operations... IC they owned one of the brownstones across from the Giza... so I always associate that music with them.)

I kid you not... During the Dark Times?

I had that little clip on one of my iPod playlists. 

'Made me grin every time it came on.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

My favorite music is probably 'Williams Square' from Founder's Falls. 

• Like 3
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Broken Teeth soundtrack to the area in Croatoa.  I just like the spaciness of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pl5-KYL0qQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

The ones I don't recognize. Blyde Square, Atlas Plaza - they were burned in my memory for 10 years of not even playing.

But the random music bit from Brickstown I have no recollection of?  It's maybe a cop-out of an answer, but I think it's the things I could have lost forever and not even known about that I try to soak in, these days.

10 hours ago, Heraclea said:

My favorite music is probably 'Williams Square' from Founder's Falls. 

I came to post this. Several other tracks vie for 2nd (including the more chill version that is the Aeon City music) but this piece of music is definitely #1. It's the first place I went when I created a character (as soon as it was relatively safe).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

The Jackpot neighborhood music from Saint Martial.

(Jackpot was Kestrel and Cardinal's base of operations... IC they owned one of the brownstones across from the Giza... so I always associate that music with them.)

I kid you not... During the Dark Times?

I had that little clip on one of my iPod playlists. 

'Made me grin every time it came on.

YES. By far my favorite. I was just thinking this yesterday while grabbing the exploration badges there on a new toon.

Oh boi I have so many. First things first I think my by far favorites are The Broken Teeth OST in Croatoa as its really eerie and serene, Aeon City for being oddly beautiful,  Eastgate Heights, and the Sewer Entrance Music.

Beyond that Haven in Cap, the Flop in St. Martial, and Jackpot are all pretty good.

9 hours ago, Generator said:

Atlas Plaza gets me right here, every time.  My preference is for the version from Galaxy City, though.  😁

This.  The Atlas Park music just makes me feel like a hero,  It's the first place a take a character and the last place I level all because of the music.

• Like 1

William Square in Founders’ Fall, and also Red River in the same zone.

Theres 1 in Steel Canyon near Positron that really takes my back to the old days of City of Heroes. Blyde Square...?

I like some of the mission entrance music for sheer atmosphere. Just a shame you can only hear them at the front door 😉

• Like 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

The zone that I think has the best music across all of its areas is Cap Au Diable. The New Haven piece is my favorite: the wonderful bit that sounds like a creepy brass group snuck into an equally creepy percussion solo session.

• 1 month later

There are a lot of really good tracks in the game. I'm a bit biased towards the villain-side tracks though.

Some of my favorites;

• Like 1

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811