Share your Puns/amusing Character Names

Venture

While we're on the subject of kilts......

1717526387_lairdofkinfyre.thumb.JPG.62c348c0c87e13393453dfa097069a4f.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Real surprised I was the first player to think of this one, too....

ice-minstrel.JPG.87d0da16dfeddf0fc72dae28eb20a442.JPG

I've always been a fan of the effect Clown makeup has on Hostile faces.  First time I tried it on a female character.....

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Outsmart

Mind/time controller. There will be eternal debate if I want it to be a controller or a dom as I lean controller, but for the sake of diversity and in damage types I might go dom in the end. I think a Mind/dark would be good for smoothing out damage types although I don't really plan on soloing it.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 3/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, Heraclea said:

Real surprised I was the first player to think of this one, too....

ice-minstrel.JPG.87d0da16dfeddf0fc72dae28eb20a442.JPG

I've always been a fan of the effect Clown makeup has on Hostile faces.  First time I tried it on a female character.....

Please tell me that's an Illusion/Cold Controller with it's pets set to copy the character's costume...

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Please tell me that's an Illusion/Cold Controller with it's pets set to copy the character's costume...

Actually, that's an Ice/Plants blaster.  Went with Plants so I could have shoulder spikes in honor of the namesake without having to use them on the costume. 

I do have an Illusion/Rad controller.  And her pets are going with --

grandma-gnosis-elvis.JPG.28289a00c0db01c7ffbf2f7802eb4c4a.JPG

My new Savage / Shield Stalker :

The Binman

A former sanitation worker turned Vigilante (okay, will-turn-Vigilante-once-I-remember-to-go-to-an-interdimensional-nightclub-and-talk-to-a-seagull) 

(I'm not sure how the name was free on Reunion but chanced it on Monday and here we are)

Binman1.png.be02571e56c12cf2e30517d6bde25869.pngBinman2.thumb.png.ba386fd2bd0a7adae0916aad028ff84a.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later

I once had a character for CoX that was inspired by various bird themed comic book characters with the codename "Razorwing". He had built himself a suit of sleek power armor, similar to the likes of Vulture and Falcon from Marvel, but had an interest (Or obsession) with stealing valuable items related to birds (Fabergé Eggs, a duplicate statue of the Maltese Falcon, etc) as well as making terrible bird puns. His powersuit's mask also allowed him to control birds through sound. And he was considered a joke in the criminal underworld, never taken seriously (I would have to say his voice actor would have been Tom Kenny). He also has various gadgets based around birds like "Featherangs" from his tech wings, and egg shaped Bird Bomb Grenades that varied from sticky glue, electric net, smoke or flashbang.

But that's not where the pun comes in. Due to his lack of physical threat and love of birds, as well as him being seen as an annoying pain by other villains I decided to give him the civilian name of...

Albert Ross. 

(Let me know if anyone gets the reference)

• Like 1

Toiletpaper Ninja staff/bio brute wrapped in toilet paper armor. all the toilet paper had to go SOMEWHERE during the recent crisis so come to find out his ninja clan bought it all and enchanted it to be used as biodegradable armor while being a master of  the plunger stick of justice he wipes the villians that fall between societys cracks clean!

Edited by Onemantankwall

Oh, jeeze. . . alright, I realize most of these are portmanteaus, rather than outright puns, but that still totally counts. Also, this isn't all of them. These are just the ones I remember off the top of my head without opening the game. 

Clearly, I have a problem.

Hexquisite  

Psi Melee/Invuln Brute. 

My love, my darling, my main, my first and so far only 50. Former actress, current witch, far too complex to summarize here.

Spellegance

Willpower/Dark Melee Tanker

Hexquisite's probably-insane Praetorian double. Sacrificed portions of her soul to excise her inborn psychic power and avoid Mother Mayhem. Praetoria was so dull, and this new world is so rich with opportunity for those with the will to take it. . . Delights in chaos, discord, and manipulation. For her own benefit, and for the lulz.

Hex Pistols

Dual Pistols/Time Defender.

Hexquisite's time-and-dimension displaced double from a magical western timeline.

Occultrasonic

Sonic/Sonic Defender.

An exceptionally elegant villain, who sacrificed her eyes in exchange for power. Loves the finer things in life - fine food, high fashion, the deaths of those that wrong her.

Mass Hysteria

Grav/Earth Dominator.

Bwaahahahaha! Look at 'em run! A sadistic woman who's really only in it for the joy of tormenting others.

Paralethal

Rad/Sonic Defender

They set out to make an AI that would provide a fair, unbiased interpretation of the law. They got a psychotic robot lawyer. So close.

Thrillectrical

Elec/Martial Dominator.

What? An electric speedster? CRAZY. A thrill-seeking former inter-dimensional pirate who was caught, and sentenced to hero work in Paragon as community service.

Lassphyxiate

Widow

A young woman who's mutation causes her to produce her own unique poison. Arachnos was quite interested.

Anarchcutie

Thugs/Sonic Mastermind

A violent revolutionary, set out to bring the status quo to it's knees, curbstomp it, and free the people from the shackles of corrupt, self-serving tyrannical governments. She refuses to stand at the sidelines as her comrades fight, joining them in every action. She is not the leader, she's one of them, one more voice.

Cloverwhelm

Plant/Earth Dominator

Of course Cole tried to find some way to control the Devouring Earth. Of course it failed. Of course an innocent young woman was forever altered by it. What? She hears voices? That can't be Hamido-

Charmageddon

Fire/Fire Blaster

A social media-obsessed pyromaniac who uploads video of her fiery assaults to YouTube, takes selfies with the charred-out husks of her enemies, and Instagrams her handiwork as it burns to the ground. Some people just want to watch the world burn. Others want to set up a livestream so everyone can enjoy.

Severvescent

Dual Blades/Willpower Scrapper

As deadly as she is lovely. She just wants to see your inner beauty. . .

• Like 2

All right, so:

Feliney Assault - remake of my first redside 50, energy brute. (Might reroll to go back to energy/energy.) Yes, catgirl.

Feliney Mischief - her more grey partner in ... well, not necessarily crime. Shennanigans.

Fel Lynn - will probably go redside.

Lava Flo - Bio armor just looked like, colored correctly, it could be a ... well, see the name.

Sweet Child of Mimes - as mentioned earlier. Psi stalker.

Necro Ophelia - from Ye Olde Undead Shakespearean Companie.

Louisville Slaughter - Mace brute. Yes, she has a baseball-team-ish outfit.

Shock and Ow - yeah, electric affinity brought out a lot of these names, didn't it.

Cat Anna - Guess her powerset! And her look!

Polly Trauma - Nurse. Used to dealing with severe cases.

Super Sand Witch - Honestly, I should have made one of her powersets fire, so she could ask if you wanted fries with that. (Dark armor, colored as sand, plus water blast.)

Hellion Keller - Blind former gang member.

Hot Purrsuit - yes, she was a cop where she came from.

And the newest... Devilsewn. (Bet you didn't know some demons had a thing for needlework...)

Edit - Nearly forgot one of my favourites - Emily Post Mortem. Trying to help others understand that there are respectful and polite ways to interact with the dead, and some that are just *rude.*

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

How about this:

A psychopomp that has powers of death, life and weed. Able to generate marijuana like symptoms and side effects, such as illusions, can generate their own supernatural aura/high.

I dubbed them: The Grim Reefer.

Unisex codename.

If GR is male, their alias could be Mr. Weid, Mister Buddwell, Mr. Heimann, or Mister E. Furr
If GR is female, their alias could be Marie Jane, Miss Potter

3 hours ago, blackhand said:

Back on live had an electric character, made to look like a cat Mu Guardian...Mew Guardian. 

.... related, I had several Mew Mystics. Pretty sure I put them all in the Consortium of Alchemical Theologians.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

11 hours ago, blackhand said:

Back on live had an electric character, made to look like a cat Mu Guardian...Mew Guardian. 

8 hours ago, Greycat said:

.... related, I had several Mew Mystics. Pretty sure I put them all in the Consortium of Alchemical Theologians.

Mew C M

Say it out loud to get the verbal pun that isn't obvious enough when it's in writing... :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 7/10/2020 at 5:39 PM, Kang081 said:

If GR is male, their alias could be Mr. Weid, Mister Buddwell, Mr. Heimann, or Mister E. Furr
If GR is female, their alias could be Marie Jane, Miss Potter

If they're a robot, their alias can be 420 or Mobile Dispensary.

Edited by Hyperstrike

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I might have one or two punny or otherwise too-cleverly-named characters on my roster...

• Armoogeddon - two variants of my nuclear powered bovine tanker (Rad/SS and Rad/Fire)
  • Grass Fed - my third cow hero (Nature/Water Def)
  • Splash Damage - shark powered Water/Regen Sentinel
  • Gribbit - he's a weird alien frog (Ice/Spines Tank)
  • Bad Romanticore - stealing straight from his bio, "In an alternate dimension, Sister Psyche found her calling as a pop star, and Justin Sinclair developed a bit of a... fetish... for dispensing justice." (AR/Tac Blaster)
  • Dundu Nuffin - you've got the wrong man 'ere, guv! (Broom/Soot err... I mean Staff/Bio Stalker)
  • Splattering Ram - he hits things until they stop moving, then hits them again to be sure (Titan/EA Scrapper)
  • Velocirapture - clever girl indeed (Kin/Dark Def)
  • Snow Pack - still shocked this was free (Beast/Cold MM)
  • Electrickery - entirely Izzet-themed artificer (Elec/ElAff troller)
  • Max Damage - still searching for a combo that really does the name justice, he's currently a DB/Bio Brute
  • Hot Lead - another "how is this name not taken" moment, but my Pistol/Thermal Corruptor isn't complaining
  • Boop - the brain of a kitten in the body of a killer robot death machine (Kin/EA Stalker - because Claws don't go Boop! and swirly paws do)
  • Loot Shardwalker - my eternally level 1 shard-hopping enhancement mule (BS/Nin Scrapper)
  • Dudebro - the personification of toxic masculinity, daring you to punch him in his perfect teeth (SR/Rad Tanker - redside of course)
  • Scrapperlock - SCRAPPERLOCK! (Claws/EA)
  • Hellephant - so an ant and an elephant wandered through a dimensional rift into an electric Hell... (Demons/Elec MM)
  • Canuckle Sandwich - fueled by Timmies and rage, eh! (StJ/Regen Scrapper)
  • Rad Riding Hood - seems Gramma lived downstream from a nuclear waste stockpile (Sav/Rad Broot)
  • Shock and Awesome - you get a zap, you get a zap, everybody gets a zap! (ElAff/Elec Def)

• Like 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Don’t know if I posted here or not, but I’d say my best is a BR/SR Sentinel named Gym Beam.

also rans:

Rad/Nrgy Aura Brute: Glogre

staff/ninj scrapper Acrobattle

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

iScream : My rogue Praetorian Ice Cream vending machine (Ice/Ice/Mako scrapper)

image.png.56c638fe9ff4badddaaa460241a944b0.png

Module-8 : Troll DJ / 90s Rave tribute act (Time/Sonic defender). 

image.png.6eed9127a439020b5b0a6852204bd0a0.png

The Echinoderm : Crime fighting sea urchin (Bio/Spines tank)

image.png.cd898a7c739c68dab3ba7ac7e56a0d57.png

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 1