Patch Notes for April 20th, 2021 - Issue 27, Page 2

Jimmy

10 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

but is that truly WAI for both Stealth and EvMa?

In my opinion, no. Both powers are suppose to only suppress if you affect someone other than yourself. So EndActivate should not be used.

image.png.bbd8aedb9d9ddec0e41bbeaa0594ecf5.png

These are the triggers currently set for suppressing some of the stealth (19') in Stealth. Attacked should be if you attack someone, Helped should be if you helped someone (you healed an ally, or buffed them with your tactics, etc), HitByFoe should be if you got hit by an enemy (not necessarily attacked, just hit, I think), MissionObjectClick is if you click an object, and CommandedPet is if you command your pets to do anything. All of those would fall into the category of either affecting someone else or being hit by an enemy.

The EndActivate is basically using any power which is unintended behaviour.

EDIT:

Here is evasive maneuvers defense effect. It was told to us that you only keep the defense if you don't affect others (if you are attacked it will not suppress even if you're hit).

image.png.75ef2be1e0f4f5372e6b782ca1a5b81d.png

It's the same situation, all the other suppression effects fit the intent. Only EndActivate is the sore thumb.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

This allows you to pass through enemies, allies, civilians, cars, and even the Atlas Park blimp!

Does this refer to any type of car in particular?  I was unable to "idspispopd*" through any vehicles I tried, and I tried both those in zone and, thinking it may relate to targetable vehicles, tried to phase through cars in mayhems.  All of them obstructed my movement while I had the power on.  Someone teamed with me and confirmed both cases.

*Old Doom cheat code for no clipping (walk through walls)

I think Infiltration is a problem. They have made athletic run so it can be stacked with Super Speed or Super Jump. Giving them both either benefits in run speed or jump height. Infiltration gets nothing from athletic run or the any of the Prestige runs. This is making it an inferior travel power right out of the gate. What should happen is Infiltration+ Athletic Run should give you both a speed and jump increase but half the amounts of both. For run that would amount to 10mph and for jump height 13ft. That would be a fair compromise and not just giving infiltration the shaft. Just my thought on the disappointment in Infiltration. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Invisible239 said:

I think Infiltration is a problem. They have made athletic run so it can be stacked with Super Speed or Super Jump. Giving them both either benefits in run speed or jump height. Infiltration gets nothing from athletic run or the any of the Prestige runs. This is making it an inferior travel power right out of the gate. What should happen is Infiltration+ Athletic Run should give you both a speed and jump increase but half the amounts of both. For run that would amount to 10mph and for jump height 13ft. That would be a fair compromise and not just giving infiltration the shaft. Just my thought on the disappointment in Infiltration. 

So I haven't tested it out, but the Prestige runs can not be slotted with anything, so while Infiltration might have the same 'base' values, it can be enhanced to be much better.

• Like 2

While overall a solid update, I have to say I'm still disappointed with the nerf to ninjitsu movement and I still don't understand the rationale behind it. While it's overall not a big deal for me because I have many characters and only one is a nin scrapper, it has diminished my enjoyment of her. The unique mobility of nin was what made me seek it out over other options and that is no longer a unique feature of the set. I will be stripping her and will not be playing the set again.

26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

41 minutes ago, Invisible239 said:

What should happen is Infiltration+ Athletic Run should give you both a speed and jump increase but half the amounts of both.

Infiltration is a clone of Athletic Run (which is a clone of Ninja Run), so the base speed is identical.  Half of each added together would equal one whole Infiltration or one whole Athletic Run.  Slotted Infiltration would be faster, by itself, than half of slotted Infiltration plus half of Athletic.

Even with the math in this game, half plus half doesn't equal two.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Just now, Nemesis said:

Does anyone know if the stealth power pool changes affects the travel enhancement that grants stealth? 

Stealth IOs are unaffected in any way.  They still stack with Stealth, and they stack with Infiltration.  Tested on several of my characters.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

3 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Does this refer to any type of car in particular?  I was unable to "idspispopd*" through any vehicles I tried, and I tried both those in zone and, thinking it may relate to targetable vehicles, tried to phase through cars in mayhems.  All of them obstructed my movement while I had the power on.  Someone teamed with me and confirmed both cases.

*Old Doom cheat code for no clipping (walk through walls)

From my testing....

A Crash Course in Collison Detection!

Objects Speed Phase allows travel through:

Enemy targets

NPC targets

Friendly targets

Moving vehicles

Atlas Park Blimp

Paragon City Tram/Rail Car

Objects Speed Phase does not allow travel through:

Traffic Lights, Benches, Newspaper Stands, Light Poles, Bus Stops, cars, trees, fences (wooden and metal), ladders, dumpsters, fountains, information kiosks, rocks, bushes/shrubs, pallets, oil drums, shipping containers, City of Heroes pinball machine, forklift, blue box, desk, fire extinguisher, gargoyle, police cruiser, elevator doors, ferries, black market semi-truck, Mayhem or Safeguard Mission Vault door, any destructible objects in mayhem/safeguard missions, prisoner doors (oh man!), Blackline helicopters, Rikti mothership shield in RWZ/Echo: RCS, or the Rikti ships outside Pocket D,

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

3 minutes ago, Nerio72 said:

Not sure if bugs are wanted here or elsewhere, I sent a petition in-game about it, but thought I'd mention it here in forums too.
With Speed Phase on you can't place portals, at least the Ouroboros or Supergroup ones.

I don't think that's a bug. Speed Phase imposes "Only Affects Self" and you can't summon pets when in that state. Those portals are, perhaps surprisingly, pets under the covers. (Basically all place powers are.)

• Thanks 1

Can't find a better thread for this, let me know if there was one.

With the changes to Mastermind Henchman recharge, Command of the Mastermind (MM ATO set) has some redundant parts (namely the various recharge enhancement parts).  Also, the Recharge Intensive sets no longer make sense to slot in Henchmen.

The bit about low-hanging fruit in the patch notes makes me think this just hasn't been gotten to yet, but I wanted to mention it as a reminder/just in case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Honorbridge said:

Can't find a better thread for this, let me know if there was one.

With the changes to Mastermind Henchman recharge, Command of the Mastermind (MM ATO set) has some redundant parts (namely the various recharge enhancement parts).  Also, the Recharge Intensive sets no longer make sense to slot in Henchmen.

The bit about low-hanging fruit in the patch notes makes me think this just hasn't been gotten to yet, but I wanted to mention it as a reminder/just in case.

Remember, that set can still be slotted in non-henchman like summons powers, such as Gang War, that do benefit from recharge.

• Like 1

Just now, UberGuy said:

Remember, that set can still be slotted in non-henchman like summons powers, such as Gang War, that do benefit from recharge.

Thanks for the correction, misread the pop-up text as saying the set can only be slotted in henchman, but it says pets.

4 hours ago, Bopper said:

In my opinion, no. Both powers are suppose to only suppress if you affect someone other than yourself. So EndActivate should not be used.

image.png.bbd8aedb9d9ddec0e41bbeaa0594ecf5.png

These are the triggers currently set for suppressing some of the stealth (19') in Stealth. Attacked should be if you attack someone, Helped should be if you helped someone (you healed an ally, or buffed them with your tactics, etc), HitByFoe should be if you got hit by an enemy (not necessarily attacked, just hit, I think), MissionObjectClick is if you click an object, and CommandedPet is if you command your pets to do anything. All of those would fall into the category of either affecting someone else or being hit by an enemy.

The EndActivate is basically using any power which is unintended behaviour.

EDIT:

Here is evasive maneuvers defense effect. It was told to us that you only keep the defense if you don't affect others (if you are attacked it will not suppress even if you're hit).

image.png.75ef2be1e0f4f5372e6b782ca1a5b81d.png

It's the same situation, all the other suppression effects fit the intent. Only EndActivate is the sore thumb.

This is completely messed-up. So if you’re standing in the middle of a pack of enemies with Stealth on you’re “invisible”, but pop an inspiration, or toggle on a shield, or do anything else even though it is only self-effecting, you become just “stealthed” and therefore will be detected?  Then invis is functionally gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UberGuy said:

I don't think that's a bug. Speed Phase imposes "Only Affects Self" and you can't summon pets when in that state. Those portals are, perhaps surprisingly, pets under the covers. (Basically all place powers are.)

Well alrighty. Now I want to have my portals follow me around 😁

5 hours ago, Bopper said:

Only EndActivate is the sore thumb.

Yeah, this could cause endless grief. Is there a good example of a situation that would be why this is setup this way?

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum