what did the great server crash of 2021 inspire you to do?

Snarky

I have started writing again.  My goal is 500+ words a day.  Which is not huge until you realize I have been writing 0 words a day and thinking i am "working on" a book.  Putting all those ideas to paper is generating more ideas....and actually writing lol.  How about you?  

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 3

I had heard rumors that there are other things out there to do besides CoX so I began investigating.  I turns out that the rumors are wildly exaggerated and there is not much else to do.  (unless you're into having a real 'life' or whatever...)

😁

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

I played around with my shikigami over in Onmyoji...

'Did something really silly, and actually decently equipped and started leveling my little set of cosplaying frogs. 😄

(The froglets are joke versions of some of the SSR-rank regular shikigami. They're absolutely adorable, but not really practical to level, equip or play in most parts of the game. I'm mostly doing it because I want to be able to field an entire "serious-looking" frog team for Realm Defense. Something that'll make anyone who draws them in a match laugh out loud over how ludicrous that is.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I have started writing again.  My goal is 500+ words a day.  Which is not huge until you realize I have been writing 0 words a day and thinking i am "working on" a book.  Putting all those ideas to paper is generating more ideas....and actually writing lol.  How about you?  

Hey, a start is a start man. So be kind to yourself with this dude, small steps will help towards larger goals. I'm actually on the verge of quitting my full time job to try writing full-time, and it's scary enough. But 15+ years as an academic librarian and no room to grow has just done me in.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Pixie_Knight said:

WTF, TMI, and many other three letter acronyms. This you did not need to share.

🤣🤣😂🤣

What?  You've never moisturized old leather boots that way?

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Worked on a model. Blew things up in Mechwarrior 5. Slept.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I surpassed my discomfort for all things anime and tried the Code:Vein demo. It's a game like Dark Souls, so you wouldn't expect much overlap with CoH. And yet... After taking one hour and a half to exit the character creator, couldn't help but see similarities.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I wouldn’t say zero words, you post a lot here.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

15 minutes ago, Dazl said:

I wouldn’t say zero words, you post a lot here.

Lol.  That was actually part of my motivation.  I started thinking of the words and time i put in on the boards and was like....if you put that into the book...and so far 500 a day feels easy. I will keep this goal for a week or two and see if i want to increase the minimum per day

56 minutes ago, subbacultchas said:

Hey, a start is a start man. So be kind to yourself with this dude, small steps will help towards larger goals. I'm actually on the verge of quitting my full time job to try writing full-time, and it's scary enough. But 15+ years as an academic librarian and no room to grow has just done me in.

Best wishes on your new endeavor.  If it doesnt work out you can always join me on my backup backup plan. Creative Diamond reacquisitions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I worked on scripting for additional AE arcs.:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Funny, I always felt like you should take a break from writing as you write too much. 😄

• Haha 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

2 hours ago, subbacultchas said:

I'm actually on the verge of quitting my full time job to try writing full-time, and it's scary enough. But 15+ years as an academic librarian and no room to grow has just done me in.

I have a buddy that did this.  Quit his job to write full time.  Check him out on Facebook: Blaze Ward.  He may be someone to talk to, if you want.  He knows me by Dusty - been friends for about 30 years.

• Thumbs Up 2