How old are we, as a playerbase?

RikOz

Artificially Generationally Old: My Father was born in 1918, then waited to Marry till he was in his late 30s ( 1954 ), then I was the 5th of 6 children ( 1964 ).

He built us a Photo Lab, bought us early Computers ( He thought they would be important ) and encouraged us to explore Art and Music. He was a Welder.

Never had Grandparents on either side. Now a member of the oldest living generation of my Family at 57.

Started City of Heroes about 2 Months after Launch because It took a while get DSL installed in my House. I was 40, and was a little nervous that I would be thought of as a Creepy old Guy, playing with a bunch of Kids and all that. Turned out to Not be quite as weird as I thought it would.

Edited by Marine X
  • Thumbs Up 4

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

Back in those days, the most controversial thing was the sound of a toilet flushing on All in the Family. I even remember when Ron Howard (Richie Cunningham) was the star of the show, Happy Days, and had a big brother, Chuck, who disappeared early in season 2, and was even portrayed by more than one actor. 

Andy Griffith Show, as Opie. Im not sure what Ron Howard was in that predated Opie days.

4 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Apparently neither Mind Over Body nor Energize are in our powersets. 

Use the Caffeinated pool power.  Two hour duration, short animation and recharge times.

• Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Started playing around 2005. I turn 29 in September.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

I started playing the game with my parents when I just started elementary/primary school (When I couldn't play without their supervision 😅) and rejoined Homecoming half way through my undergrad! I'm really glad to be back, loads of memories wrapped up in this game of me and my parents making alts when it rained outside.

Edited by NyxiaSnow
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm 53. I usually lurk and rarely post on forums like this but I'll un-lurk for this. I started CoH (2004? I think.) when it was in open beta and played until 2011 or so. I distinctly remember getting at least my 78 month veteran subscriber accolade. I remember bugging my dad for quarter when I was a kid to play the new spiffy arcade game Pong at the local Pizza Hut. When I was 9 I'd go to the Sears and spend my modest allowance playing the arcade games there. I've been gaming ever since.  I have fond memories of my Commodore 64 playing EA games when they weren't a greedy huge corporation yet. I have mixed feelings about getting older. The gray hair is a constant reminder, the things I should have done and/or could have done. But I won't annoy you folks with such ramblings. Suffice to say, I'm glad I stumbled across this server 2 years ago. Still my favorite MMO of all time. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2021 at 11:08 AM, A Cat said:

Didn't realize I have been playing with a bunch of geezers. 

Dag, whippersnappers!

Git off the Atlas Park lawn!

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.