Focused Feedback: Enhancements

40 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

I think a 4 slot set is asking for too much of people personally. 

I 4slotted the jumping one in cj for the big big s/l resist + the melee defense and the regen, but thats really the only one it seems worth it for. The global +range I am not even sure is worth it, unless its adding degrees to cones as well!

22 minutes ago, Hew said:

I 4slotted the jumping one in cj for the big big s/l resist + the melee defense and the regen, but thats really the only one it seems worth it for. The global +range I am not even sure is worth it, unless its adding degrees to cones as well!

Have you tried getting some Range bonuses on your characters? It's subtle, but once you get used to them it's hard to go back. They're great for cones, especially, even though they don't make the cones any wider, since the area of effect still gets much larger.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Hew said:

My /AR defender has a fair bit of range and it is great for Full Auto and Flamethrower. As the range increases the vector gets wider... 😉 

• Like 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

3 hours ago, Dispari said:

It seems good for melee ST. Its main non-purple competitor for recharge would be Crushing Impact, which it beats in the recharge department. There isn't currently a 6.25% recharge for melee. The HP and accuracy bonuses are the same, so it comes down to how much you need that 1.5% S/L RES. If you only care about recharge, it's the clear winner. It even has a damage proc to make use of. Granted this only applies to Ice Melee and some of Icy Assault, but I could see Doms being happy about the recharge potential.

You also mentioned it AoEs. Competing with Obliteration, that loss of S/L RES is rough but it does have more recharge overall. You also mentioned the end difference -- I think that's even more important. For sets like Obliteration or Posi, that 18-47% end slotting can be painful for already expensive AoEs. 66% is a lot more enticing and I'd probably lean toward that for anyone who can slot it. It will also be the best option for Mud Pots and Hot Feet (and any others that exist?), I believe. It has the highest available endurance reduction. Obliteration leaves it painfully expensive, other options don't give any recharge, and Armageddon has never been really exciting bonuses IMO (at least compared to Apocalypse). I think the main reasons you'd want to not slot it would be to use Avalanche or Cleaving/Eradication for ranged DEF, assuming you don't need the recharge.

For powers that can ONLY slot slow sets, like Tar Patch, it seems like the best option available. Not that I think 5-slotting Tar Patch is a good idea, but it's certainly a possibility. Mostly, it has better 2-3 slot bonuses (unless you want that S/L from Impeded Swiftness), and the proc is the best of the bunch. You're right though, I'll probably swap Chilling Embrace's proc to cold damage and call it a day.

So I guess it's fitting this set is going to mostly benefit ice Doms.

Thank you,
this is an awesome response.

I can't believe i missed comparing it on melee st attacks, especially since i tested this on my ice/ice dom. To my defense though i have to say both melee ST attacks on my ice dom are slotted for procs.  I agree that it is a very good way to get recharge on ST attacks though.

And I did not consider it for hot feet. Looks like i need to do a second round of testing later 😄

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

Have you tried getting some Range bonuses on your characters? It's subtle, but once you get used to them it's hard to go back. They're great for cones, especially, even though they don't make the cones any wider, since the area of effect still gets much larger.

I wonder what happens when you pack some +range on melee attacks that are cones/ToF style. How much global +range do you need to see a significant return on investment?

On 11/5/2021 at 9:06 PM, Peacemoon said:

but not many fight with a travel power switched on,

I do. I don't want to take and juggle between 3 different flights, so I'll just take Flight and use it to get above a crowd in battle if needed. I don't remember if the defense (or resistance?) of Combat Flight is worth it or not. Also, Speed of Sound and Mystic Flight's TP is pretty good in a fight if you want to save a power slot and have key binds/popmenu to teleport towards and away from targets. Ex. If I have a character with plenty of melee/cast-around-self powers, I might pick Flight and Combat TP for the ToHit bonus, but if my character doesn't have that and I just want TP to catch up with teammates or heal/rez allies, I'd rather go with Mystic Flight.

Now that I think of is, I could see 4-slotting travels being more useful on Speed of Sound or Mystic Flight if the player wants to enhance the TP distance, speed, and endurance cost. Or maybe the Combat versions of powers to enhance defense, etc.

Travel power IO sets seem like an odd choice. Not a BAD choice. It's never bad to have more choices. But most builds struggle with slots to begin with and with so many better candidates a travel power is really down the list. We spend 10% of our time moving from one mission to the next and then 90% of the time fighting with travel powers turned off.

As others have said the sets need to be -really- good. Right now my travel power gets the -20% slow resist and I have a hard time thinking I'd remove that.

On the other hand I've 4 slotted Brawl and boxing more than once to get the 3.75% S/L defense and I'll be honest I use those absolutely never compared to travel powers who at least get the 10% use time.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hew said:

I wonder what happens when you pack some +range on melee attacks that are cones/ToF style. How much global +range do you need to see a significant return on investment?

Melee attacks are not affected by range boosts.

They are indeed great for ranged characters and especially for cones. My Sonic/ blaster actually grabbed Clarion Radial to try to make all those Sonic cones a little sexier.

A little range boost also means you can usually hover blast outdoors with impunity.

Edited by arcane

47 minutes ago, aethereal said:

And note that this includes "melee cones."  In general, only cones that take ranged AoE sets will have their cones lengthened by +range.

I miss cone enhancing SOs from waaaaaaaaay back in the day w/ shadowmaul getting big. 😕

• Like 2

On 11/7/2021 at 2:52 AM, DougReyn said:

Found some time to do some build testing witht the new Ice Mistral Slow set.

(Disclaimer: I look at this from a build maxing pov)

I love the cold damage proc. It can replace the impeded swiftness smashing damage proc in all my builds immediatly.
On some builds i could even use it in addtion adding even more proc damage

Did I miss any powers that could make use of it?

Overall I think this set has it's uses, the cold proc is great, but it is not a must have set. I think that is well designed.

I am currently looking at using the cold damage proc for several support powers. 

We already know that Cold Domination / Infrigidate is an excellent proc mule attack. It currently takes 3 dmg procs + achilles heel. With a fourth damage proc available cold domination gets a nice little bump here.

Siphon Speed can now take 2 dmg procs, this doesn't turn the power into a great DPA attack like Infrigidate but it means constantly casting a zero damage attack to maintain your siphon speed stack takes less away from your damage output. 

Time Crawl can take 2 dmg procs now, maybe not as large a benefit as Infrig and Siphon receive here, but corruptors, controllers, and masterminds are forced into the power pick. 

All versions of caltrops can now take 5 dmg procs + annihilation -res.

Trick Arrow / Ice Arrow can take 5 normal dmg procs + either the purple dmg proc or a lockdown proc. 

Water Blast and Ice Blast have many options to benefit from another dmg proc.

Currently on fire.

4 slots for the travel power sets seem like too much, and the bonuses don’t really justify the 4 slots. Shaving off the first bonus and moving the 3 slot and 4 slot bonuses to 2 and 3 would help a lot.

I don’t know if such a thing would be on the table, but a teleport set designed to be a great option for Fold Space (recharge, accuracy, endurance reduction) would be great. Make it five-six slots even.

Edited to add: I know fold space doesn’t take IO sets right now, but a guy can dream

Edited by Laenan
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 4:31 AM, SuperPlyx said:
On 11/2/2021 at 2:05 PM, Booper said:

These enhancements are parallel to Hamidon/Titan/Hydra Origin in strength and can be combined with those types to increase their level up to a maximum of 53.

Question about this, currently you can only combine HOs with similar sets, i.e. acc/dam will only combine with acc/dam.

But these new DSO have stats that HOs do not. So how would HOs combine with those?

Trying again . is this a dumb question or does no one know ? 

On 11/2/2021 at 12:05 PM, Booper said:
  • Slow/Recharge/Endurance
  • Threat/Accuracy/Recharge

Fold Space users rejoice

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Any Slow/Acc in the works or on the horizon? Benumb would thank you!!! 😁

Loving the Heal/Rech though, my regen Sent thanks you.

Aren't there already a bunch of Acc/Slow IOs. You could frankenslot those and +5 them.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Aren't there already a bunch of Acc/Slow IOs. You could frankenslot those and +5 them.

But.... Benumb be like... no sets allowed 😭

1.JPG.a29381dc69f0d3ddd96b70cd6067a39d.JPG

Edit: Come to think of it, Benumb doesn't even allow slow enhancements. Carry on 😅

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

4 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

But.... Benumb be like... no sets allowed 😭

1.JPG.a29381dc69f0d3ddd96b70cd6067a39d.JPG

Edit: Come to think of it, Benumb doesn't even allow slow enhancements. Carry on 😅

Ah, good point

29 minutes ago, Communistpenguin said:

I could see throwing the thrust speed debuff resistance into sprint alongside my stealth io.

They actually can't be slotted into sprint. That's a detail that should be mentioned in the notes. Good catch.