Has HC culture reached the Pinnacle?

Is the culture changing in that last month?  What are your thoughts?  Seems a lot of people are trying different things or deciding to lead instead of follow.

• Confused 2

Anecdotally, I have seen more people (whose names I don't recognize) leading. Just 6 months ago, the idea of someone forming for a BAF while someone else is forming for UGT was a bit silly to consider. It would take some time to fill both back then, if they both filled at all. Still takes a few minutes, but they both get filled now. 

But, with a higher population comes more very nice, helpful people and also a few more jerks. 
Is the culture changing? I'm not entirely sure. I do think the game is on a path to more challenging content and I don't think any amount of cheering or booing is going to change that. I also recognize that prices in the AH are falling on most items. That could be more returning players who are market savvy, competing for that inf, and driving prices down. Or it could be the newer players are reading Yomo's guide, or the invention tutorial popping up when players hit level 10 is getting their attention and they're learning how to self-fund. Hard for me to pin that down. 

There seems to be a more casual leadership - colorful recruiting, but when the team is formed, very little, if anything else is said. But, that's just anecdotal as stated up top. 

Other than that, seems like the same game. 

• Like 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

What I've seen are more regular mission teams forming, but that may be because I've been on Everlasting more, and this is just something they do. I know I didn't see a lot of straight story mish teams on Excel or Torch.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 5/13/2024 at 11:23 PM, Spankea said:

Is the culture changing in that last month?  What are your thoughts?  Seems a lot of people are trying different things or deciding to lead instead of follow.

Just confirmation bias.  Everything is just cyclical.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

49 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

Just confirmation bias.  Everything is just cyclical.

i knew there was a reason to save my bellbottoms and click clacks 

These brightly colored click clack toys always in every cheap prize box :  r/nostalgia

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

On 5/13/2024 at 9:23 AM, Spankea said:

I don't know what any of that means.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 5/13/2024 at 9:23 AM, Spankea said:

Seems a lot of people are trying different things or deciding to lead instead of follow.

On Excelsior, I've seen some new globals leading iTrials recently. One global I wasn't familiar with at all led multiple Triple Threat attempts (sans Discord, no less) last night, which was great to see. (In fact, I think I've seen fewer ads saying Discord is required, which warms my heart, having a deep hatred of it myself.) 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

2 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

These brightly colored click clack toys always in every cheap prize box :  r/nostalgia

I preferred the original, non-safety version...

Also, lawn darts and mumbley-peg. How did we ever manage to survive?!

• Like 1
  • Finland 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Posted (edited)

The thread title is "Has HC culture reached the Pinnacle?", but what about Indomitable, Excelsior, or any of the other servers, (be they new or old)???  😝

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 2

On 5/13/2024 at 8:19 AM, jprewitt73 said:

I think I've seen some changes, but that's mostly because the population seems to be increasing. Higher population = more people willing to lead. 

The population is lower now than any time in the last four and a half months, it is definitely not increasing.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 5/14/2024 at 6:19 PM, macskull said:

The population is lower now than any time in the last four and a half months, it is definitely not increasing.

I think you need to take into account seasonal variation.  So, the population is lower in May than it was in winter?  Okay.

I do think the total population HAS increased in the wake of the license announcement.  I think you're talking about the number of people online at any given time and that always goes down when the weather gets nicer.

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 5/14/2024 at 8:21 PM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

I feel sorry for anyone who's balls make such a loud noise!

• Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ironblade said:

I think you need to take into account seasonal variation.  So, the population is lower in May than it was in winter?  Okay.

I do think the total population HAS increased in the wake of the license announcement.  I think you're talking about the number of people online at any given time and that always goes down when the weather gets nicer.

Check the links in my signature, which has historical data for player counts over the last two years. Any "seasonal variation" that exists in a game with a population the size of Homecoming's is so small that it's basically imperceptible. You are correct in that the population has increased compared to what it was immediately before the announcement (roughly 55-60% higher), but it's also around half of what it was at the peak shortly after the announcement.

Edited by macskull
  • Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Posted (edited)

I think those new iTrial leaders on Excelsior have come from other servers where they have been around forever running them on a Friday/Saturday, they experienced the recent good times with increased population, then the exodus to Excelsior happened (again, as the population diminished on their server) and they followed.

There are still a lot of new players running around judging from the types of questions getting asked in Help etc.

Edited by Digirium
  • Like 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 5/14/2024 at 4:40 PM, biostem said:

The thread title is "Has HC culture reached the Pinnacle?", but what about Indomitable, Excelsior, or any of the other servers, (be they new or old)???  😝

Pinnacle is not a place, it's a people.

• Microphone 1

• Game Master

I've seen a lot of new players, but not seen much increase in bad behaviour. We still have the most welcoming and best community I've ever come across. Some shards are quiet, others are rammed. It's certainly an exciting time 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1