Muscles.... for girls!

I know we can kinda sorta do this, but not really. Girls just kinda get thicker, but they don't look the part. Everything is all smooth no matter what we do (with the exception of the barbarian abs and the muscle bodysuit). 

I wonder, is there a way we could add a visible muscle tone texture onto the females as a slider? Or maybe just pair it with the existing slider that adds mass?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking "in general, not without a giant rework." The body's... toned look? (or lack thereof) I don't believe is separate from whatever clothing is on the character. (For instance, you'd have to end up with "smooth bandeau" and "muscular bandeau" tops, versus "she's muscular, and then I put a bandeau top on her.")  Definitely doubt it'd be a slider.

I wouldn't *mind* seeing this being the actual body instead of a texture. But I wouldn't hold my breath. 'til then, I make them in Daz with my limited skills, or commission people to draw them. 🙂

• Like 3

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

3 hours ago, Redlynne said:

For some reason, the Cryptic (and later Paragon Studios) devs simply didn't put a whole lot of effort into allowing Females to look like sexy body builders.

Two possible reasons:

• the original devs didn't believe female body builders could be sexy/attractive for a superhero
  • sexism
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

4 hours ago, Zepp said:

Two possible reasons:

• the original devs didn't believe female body builders could be sexy/attractive for a superhero
  • sexism

Alternatively, it could also have been that the amount of time, effort and money it would have taken to do this was simply not worth the effort.  Keep in mind every costume piece that would need to be reviewed for clipping with any changes to the character model.  Not everything has some nefarious intent behind it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShardWarrior said:

Alternatively, it could also have been that the amount of time, effort and money it would have taken to do this was simply not worth the effort.  Keep in mind every costume piece that would need to be reviewed for clipping with any changes to the character model.  Not everything has some nefarious intent behind it.

Except they were willing to do it for the Huge bodytype and to give male bodytypes toning...

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 4

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Options are always to the good.  I do suspect this one iin particular would take a lot more programming than some others, but the more options we can get the better.

Although, personally, I'd still like about 50% of the female boot options to have "flat" option instead of so many of them having 4-6 inch heels.

I'm not saying take the heels away, just put in an option so I can have a similar looking boot that's flat.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

Although, personally, I'd still like about 50% of the female boot options to have "flat" option instead of so many of them having 4-6 inch heels.

I'm not saying take the heels away, just put in an option so I can have a similar looking boot that's flat.

I'd be even happier if it were possible to fix the weird elongated feet on some of the female boot options.  I assume it's some inherent limitation of the character model, but it looks extremely odd.

• Like 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

5 hours ago, MTeague said:

Options are always to the good.  I do suspect this one iin particular would take a lot more programming than some others, but the more options we can get the better.

Seconded.  Every time I see a high-heeled boot on someone who's supposed to be actively fighting, all I can think is "they're just begging for a broken ankle".

• Like 3

If it's just changing the texture and not the model, this might be partly achievable by modifying the Tops with Skin category.

Have Chest's option 1 act like male and huge's Bare Chest and Bare Chest Smooth and move the patterns to option 2; just don't allow None as a pattern option.

Some of the options that are actual textures, such as barbarian and bridal options, would just stay in option 1 with no pattern choice.

SCR applies of course.

Edited by megaericzero
Clarify end of line 2 statement about patterns.

13 hours ago, Vanden said:

Girls don't have muscles, they move their bodies through a series of low frequency sonic vibrations

Actually l thought it's actually gravimetric vibrations, but nvm...

Actually there is such style: 

l was hoping during recent Costume Editor update, when separated pieces for gloves/boots became available there would be also update, that could unlock some NPC piece. But nah, unfortunately homecoming team screwed up functionality of HyperKreator w/out giving aything in exchange. So l stopped playing (now l think l'm going to play only Soloplayer SCORE version, and not much, at least until Homecoming gets next update). Good luck!

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

On 4/20/2020 at 6:44 AM, ShardWarrior said:

What would they have had to rework if they'd done it in the first place?

On 4/20/2020 at 7:44 AM, ShardWarrior said:

Keep in mind every costume piece that would need to be reviewed for clipping with any changes to the character model.

Too bad they didn't design the models to have more nodes to allow costume pieces to allign better on the models, but then again it was a 2003 design that we're playing with.

Gaming went leaps and bounds better not long after.

1 hour ago, krj12 said:

Probably be  a major rework to implement.  At this point, probably best to request new costume pieces similar to the muscular tights they already have.

I would agree this is a major effort based on what Jimmy has said about unlocking various NPC costume pieces for players to use in the editor. 

2 hours ago, THEDarkTyger said:

What would they have had to rework if they'd done it in the first place?

Like, the very first place, or in the first place at launch? Because there's a lot of possible answers to this.  CoX's character customization levels at launch were already, y'know, pretty up there. Painting on muscled arms for the women via textures just isn't gonna look right cause they have these spindle arms, so, that's more dev time to develop a muscled mesh that would work seamlessly with the existing base model, or more dev time to develop an entirely new "muscle" variant mesh of the base woman model. Now on top of that, is the dev time that'd have to be allocated to ensuring that the existing costume parts work on this new model (they wouldn't, so, that's then additional dev time to either rework the parts to ensure that they work with the new model, or further dev time to create new parts specifically for the other model by scratch). Now, even the dual color options would have to be reworked to fit this, because you can't just slap the skinny arm path onto the muscular arm path and have it look right, no, all of this would take a lot of meticulous work and time that probably was not on the table.

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting