What enemies do you find most difficult/what kills you the most?

Peacemoon

Just curious as to what others find lethal?

Personally for me it is Banished Pantheon ‘Sorrow’ Lieutenants and Bosses with their powerful debuffs.

Vanguard claw mobs, and melee mobs in general that do -def.
Tarantula Mistresses with Arachnos, something about them makes them lethal.   

At low levels the new and improved skull pistol and rifle users give me a headache if I’m not careful.. 

Trolls too can be tough.

Nemesis Lieutenants if you’re swarmed and kill loads by mistake. 
PPD at high level.. only fought them once but they were nasty.

• Like 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Really depends what I'm fighting at what level. I mean, low-ish level redside vs a bunch of Mu means no END to do anything with, for instance. Higher level, I can do more about it.

The Vanguard mobs in the RWZ can be nasty.

And, of course, Quantums if I don't kill them first. I usually kill them first. I think the last time I really died badly was backing off and into another mob with a Q that hit me before I knew he was there.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Entirely depends on what I'm playing.
My Masterminds tend to fall to Scrapyard Demolitionists due to those damned fire bombs that create a Burn Patch under each of my Henchpets, but are otherwise nearly immortal.  I think Malta Titans also do something similar, as I've fallen to them a couple of times too.

My Scrappers tend to get floored by Circle Spectres, Tsoo Sorcerers, and other jerks with AoE To-Hit Debuff fields.

My Dark Melee/Energy Aura Brute and Ice Melee/Ice Armour Tanker never seem to fall down, but my Energy Melee/Fiery Aura Brute is a friggin' joke.

• Like 2

It varies a lot by level and which AT/power-sets I'm playing, honestly... But Arachnoids will always creep me out, I tend to tread carefully with large groups of Rularuu, and high-level Talons are a royal pain in the rump.

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

The Longbow Warden with the broken detention field.

You can only use power that affect self. Meanwhile, all the longbow agents can attack you with impunity. 

They are rare, but nigh impossible to defeat unless you get the drop on them first.

• Like 1

Awakaned, PPD Quantums, Rularuu, Vanguard. A lot of the time its either not having adequate positional defense or lacking defense debuff resistance that makes things annoying. I usually roll at +4/x8 though so its a bit more manageable if I nerf the difficulty a bit.

Edited by KingofMonkeys

Yeah, I target the BP "Sorrow" characters first, their debuffing is really powerful. Luckily they're nice enough to glow green for me to spot them.

And of course the Sappers. Sappers must think the entire world hates them, because they can be standing next to the most evil villain in existence and they'll get targeted first.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skygod said:

Yeah, I target the BP "Sorrow" characters first, their debuffing is really powerful. Luckily they're nice enough to glow green for me to spot them.

And of course the Sappers. Sappers must think the entire world hates them, because they can be standing next to the most evil villain in existence and they'll get targeted first.

Even by my SR scrapper who way back in the day wondered what all fuss was about ... can't drain what you can't hit after all.  But once she learned what they did to teammates they became one the first target binds her player learned.

Edited by Doomguide2005

The room that's likeliest to kill me by surprise, not able to react at all, is the Rikti/Hydra rooms on Apex.  Fairly sure the Hydra is to blame.  And dying there is a problem because of the damn useless maps; you get separated from the rest of the team and are not given a clue how to rejoin them.  One more reason to hate on Apex.  The blue patches don't so much kill me as get me lost and prevent me from playing by constant headless chicken mode. 

Resistance at level 50 and Neuron Clockwork are more annoying than deadly, they tend not to spawn in clearly defined groups and way too many plinkers.  If people still did corner pulls and LOS breaks that might help. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Night Widows. A few of these girls doing their high damage ST attacks and spamming smoke nades all over the place can get a little sketchy sometimes.

Dark Ring Mistresses. The silent killers, lots of people fear the Carnies for the Illusionists but it's the Mistresses that are the powerhouses of the faction.

Rulululululu Eyes. Eyeballs with teeth? No thanks, hard pass.

7 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Teammates, definitely the teammates.

Posi 1 at the doors.  Shaka when the walls fell.  (translation: you're not wrong)

Melee, it's any sapper, since so many of my melee have toggle defenses.  worse if they also are slamming you with accuracy debuffs.  So the Coven witches, as well as Malta sappers, and electrical Freakshow to boot.

Ranged bane would be any NPC that should not be able to do it, but somehow manages to 1-shot my ranged character, despite my having just waded without a scratch through hordes of his allies.  Worse, I've had them do it after I've popped a handful of orange inspirations of multiple tiers.  

• Haha 1

Rogue Vanguard for resistance based toons.

Devouring Earth for Defense based toons, mainly because of the crystals. Also, if a Malta Sapper gets a lucky shot in. 

For awhile my rad armor tank has trouble with Cimerorans, but I figured that out. 

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

It depends on the level for me and which side I am playing. Most of the incarnate and Goldside enemies hurt though.

If I am playing Goldside I absolutely despise fighting the Destroyer and Ghouls. Ghouls because they can easily mez you at a level were most ATs don't have anti-mez, they swarm you in numbers (the Painted Ones have a power that widens up your aggro range), and heal eachother on death. Destroyers also can mez you with Blast Masters and Rocket Girls.

On Blueside low levels, the new Skull Soldiers. I don't know what it is about them but they tear my low level characters to shreds generally in the 15-19 level range.

Edited by Sleepymoth
  • Like 1

Everyone already mentioned most of the scarier things in the game.  They all have either -defense debuff (sorrows, Vanguard, PPD awakened, Arachnos spider queens), endurance drain (sappers, Mu, Freakshow super zappers), tohit debuff (spectres, dark ring mistress), or very high tohit (50+ Praetorian resistance, Rularuu eyeballs).

I'll add the Animus Arcani -- they have defense debuff, endurance drain, -tohit, and a bunch of -recharge and team buffs that make them deadly in large groups, especially in their level range.

Edited by Bionic_Flea