Defender DPS is best DPS

Defender DPS is best DPS!  My level 29 dark/dark defender is currently soloing at +0x5, and having a blast.  I actually do feel like a blaster sometimes.  Well, maybe more  like a controller.  Actually I feel like every archetype rolled into one!  After I lock down everyone with fearsome stare, tar patch, tenebrous tentacles, and start hitting them with Night Fall etc, enemies just melt.  Solo, ya the 30% damage boost does help a lot, but this is the most fun I've had with a character for awhile.  The Defender DPS is real, yo!  😄

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kiramon said:

Go play a brute and come back.

*Stalker or TW/Bio scrapper :p. But brutes are passable too 😄

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

16 minutes ago, Chance Jackson said:

The D3(dark/dark defender) is not a new concept in fact it was FOTM on live I even had one though I never went too far with it.

Yes, I had one on Live, but now with the Defender damage boost while solo, it's even better.  I remember it being strong at high levels, but this is the first time I am finding it so easy at lower levels, also. 

• Like 2

Cool! Enjoy!

If you are in the mood for teaming, you might try getting a team of Defenders together.

Smoothest steamroller in the City!

• Like 3

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 minute ago, DoctorDitko said:

Cool! Enjoy!

If you are in the mood for teaming, you might try getting a team of Defenders together.

Smoothest steamroller in the City!

Sometimes I duo with another Defender.  We call ourselves the Dynamic Defender DPS Duo! 😄

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chance Jackson said:

The D3(dark/dark defender) is not a new concept

And it's even cooler when you give them a name like Dark Lord Darkness.

(Yes, I did that.  No, not going to remake him so anyone who wants can take the name.)

• Haha 2

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I appreciate the well-placed defender love.  There are five other ranged dark/dark archetypes, though.  What about DPS for them?

• dark/dark blaster: theoretically it should be the highest DPS, even solo.  I'm not sure survivability would be as good, but Dark Manipulation does include some nice mitigation.
  • dark/dark corrupter: same power sets in OP, but with pri and sec reversed.  I would expect DPS to be clearly greater non-soloed.
  • dark/dark defender: (OP is here)
  • dark/dark dominator: combines the controller's dark control with the defender and blaster attack set.  Should be good DPS.
  • dark/dark sentinel: lower DPS, but possibly the highest survivability.  DPS is great and all, if you aint da'id.
  • dark/dark controller: likely even lower DPS, but spinach meatballs to the patient!  Yesterday in a solo BNY mission, my young dark/storm controller took down Snaptooth by repeatedly Possessing the lieutenant.  Not fast, but it was fun!
Edited by cohRock

-- Rock

I recently made a rad/water defender and was very shocked that I was able to solo two early EBs with him: Veles and Chernobog. Three if you include Morana, but you don't get to finish her off before she flees.

Like, they were pretty easy too. Veles was a little bit of a challenge because he came at me while I was still fighting his goons and he set the warehouse on fire and summoned a dead guy. In truth, he almost had me but a green inspiration dropped at the exact moment I needed it most.

I actually had Chernobog turn and run. I guess he didn't like basking in Atom's glow.

• Like 1

Well, Chernobog is a dark god, after all. Too much Cherenkov radiation!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

You haven't lived until you DPS'd with a Granite Tank.

• Haha 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

I wish I could relate. My FF/AR Defender hits about as hard as a wet noodle. 😂

AR is in a bit of a rough spot tbh.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

19 hours ago, kiramon said:

Go play a brute and come back.

That's what I usually do. Try a brute, get bored and go back.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Also Tar Patch is currently bugged and is way more effective than it's supposed to be which is probably helping here.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

12 hours ago, Bopper said:

You haven't lived until you DPS'd with a Granite Tank.

Doesn't count, you used Rage.

Nerf Rage!