Oldest player contest!

DoctorDitko

I am 56. Played on live in my 40s with young kids, who are now in their 20s. πŸ™‚Β They dabble at the game now, but have others they are more interested in. For me, I have come home, and have abandoned all other games I have tried over the years.Β 

• Like 6

10 February 1949.....am ingame every day and have a lot of alts and 1519 badges.

Also still a competition Ballroom and Latin dancer.

Age is of no importance.. unless you are a cheese or a claret!

πŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jacktar said:

Age is of no importance.. unless you are a cheese or a claret!

πŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ•ΊπŸΌπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

That container of left-over Singapore Rice Noodles in the back of my fridge from June says otherwise...

• Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

10 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Β 

That's why you keep them inside.

Β 

Well, that and protecting them from coyotes, dogs, cars, ticks, fleas, assholes and a host of diseases. Indoor cats tend to have longer, healthier lives for a reason.

I was skim-reading the thread, and until I got to the last sentence I thought you were talking about spouses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Β 

Regeneratio delenda est!

13 hours ago, Techwright said:

I didn't encounter the original Star Trek game until my best friend got his Commodore 64.Β  5 minutes for the tape drive to load it up.

Β 

Was it an Atari 400 or 800?Β  I used to be a mall rat/arcade rat, and once I used up all my quarters at Aladdin's Castle, I'd head over to VideoConcepts in hopes some friendly store attendant would let me play the demo games on 400's and 800's when customers weren't shopping for them.

Bad cat allergies, here too, but yeah, dog-like cats sound wonderful.

Β 

Β 

It is a 600XL, a little smaller than a 400 and had a real keyboard.Β  I got one the first year they were introduced.Β  Closest mall to me was a 2 hour drive one way.Β  I lived in an area of Missouri that they talked about in Oh Brother Where Art Thou; "Geographical oddity.Β  Two weeks from anywhere."

Β 

Here is a pic of that original Star Trek gameΒ that was included in the FunLib Library for IBM Mainframes.Β Β https://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/FUNLIB

Β 

There was also a package of ASCII art for IBM mainframes that you could get from 'a friend' that had stuff that ranged from cute cats to stuff you wouldn't let your mom see.

Β 

Star_Trek_text_game.png

Edited by Ura Hero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Xeres said:

48 years old - 49 in Jan.Β  One day I will "act my age", whatever that means.Β  But, not today.

Acting one's age is over rated.

I don't act mine.

It's probably one of the reasons people think I'm about 10 year younger than I actually am.

Β 

Then again, that's been happening since I was about 25. Only less dramatic back then

20 hours ago, Luminara said:

The end result could, conceivably, be AC being phased out

Ac phased out, that choice of words made me smile!Β  I work with 3 phase and DC voltage for electronics (up to and including very high voltage DC for radars).

Β 

48 here and a good buddy we called Old Man JCΒ is probably in his early 50s now.Β  True story, I got my current job through him 15 years ago.Β  Met him playing CoV via ventrillo, when my job in Michigan went south got my interview in louisiana and 15 years later still with that company.

Β 

I also think anΒ Old Folks Home SG would be pretty cool.Β 

20 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

I also think anΒ Old Folks Home SG would be pretty cool.Β 

I'd create an alt on whichever server to join this SG.

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -Β  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute
Β 

6 hours ago, Xeres said:

48 years old - 49 in Jan.Β  One day I will "act my age", whatever that means.Β  But, not today.

Just saw this and it reminds me of song lyrics from a band called "The Nearly Deads", which I also find hilarious considering the subject of the thread.

Β 

Maybe I'll change my evil ways
Stop taking shots one of these days
I'll settle down, I'll rearrange
Maybe I'll learn from my mistakes
Stop breaking hearts, forgetting names
I'll settle down, and act my age
One of these days... but not today!

Β 

But I can sympathize, I'm 43 and my kids tell meΒ I don't "act like an adult", rofl

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

Acting one's age is over rated.

I don't act mine.

It's probably one of the reasons people think I'm about 10 year younger than I actually am.

Β 

Then again, that's been happening since I was about 25. Only less dramatic back then

Adulthood is like stardom.
Fake it 'till you make it.

But, as adulthood is nearly as useless as stardom, nobody sane every REALLY wants to make it.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I'm 69!Β  Graduated in the class of 1969.Β  Β I still feel like a young whippersnapper (LOL)Β 

Β 

I grew up in Evergreen Colorado, and have resultant love of nature, gardening.Β Β 

Β 

I would be still working but this Covid thing put my job on a backburner, so I've been meditating a lot in theΒ Tibetan style.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, summers said:

Signature: I rarely get to play, or come here, due to baby running around.Β 

Β 

Congrats! Quite an effort at 98

To be fair, I don't say whose baby it is πŸ˜‰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

Β 

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Β