With Rebirth bringing in Wind, Martial prowess and Guardian ATs, where is homecoming at with these?

irishhawk

Rebirth is a completely different server run by a completely different group. HC has their own team working on their updates. Any updates Rebirth makes wouldn't work here anyway because HC is now running a 64bit client. 

I'd appreciate having different server communities offering different things, if I had any interest in other servers at all.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 7

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I am happy with how the Homecoming team has been careful about new things and testing to insure balance and stability. I think these 2 things mean you have to go slow and be careful with what and how new things are added.

I do not remember which server it was but just a few months ago they introduced a new powerset that completely borked their server. And they had to do a complete server roll back.

As stated above Page 6 is coming , patience grasshopper

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Yep. They do a fairly good job of informing us of what's going on, as well as not just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.

I appreciate both of these things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 minutes ago, Replacement said:

You may as well ask where Homecoming is at with it's total Morrowind conversion.

... where *are* they at with that?  GMs, inquiring minds want to know!  Total transparency! Or is it a conspiracy...

*puts on tinfoil hat and cape.*

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Hew said:

Whatever it is coming in page 6, id bet dollars to donuts it'll be awesome. When things take a while, usually it is because a bunch of stuff is being baked at once, not just a single powerset.

Can confirm, page 6 is going to be quite substantial.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2020 at 12:23 PM, irishhawk said:

I prefer this server but the new content here has just been a wasteland.  What's going on?

Well, here's my entirely subjective take on the subject.

Some servers are trying all kinds of gimmicks to try to get more players or just for the fun of experimenting.

This server is planning for the long haul and currently working on infrastructure, software mechanics and an agreement with NCSoft.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Like 11

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

39 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Well, here's my entirely subjective take on the subject.

Some servers are trying all kinds of gimmicks to try to get more players or just for the fun of experimenting.

This server is planning for the long haul and currently working on infrastructure, software mechanics and an agreement with NCSoft.

+1 to this.

Even if they weren't trying for an agreement with NCSoft, I'd still +1 this for the other reasons.

• Like 1

stop comparing an i24 ourodev server to homecoming holy shanks.

• HC actually tests stuff out, the other servers go by the edge of their seats or the rule of cool.
  • I24 / Ourodev vs HC/SCORE are two very different beasts
  • VERY different operations behind the scenes. HC doesn't take on every Tom, Jerry, Richard, and Susan as a developer.
Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 9

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

HC has a lot more important things to work on than rushing some new powerset only for it to break a dozen things. They're a completely different server, I'd rather new gimmicks be stable and not unstable.

• Like 3

"Yeah, I think I'm peeking too, and I'm pika-pika-pikatchu."

tbf, what we have now is better than just trying to unravel code spaghetti and have something go end-up if we get something new that hasn't been really touched on and barely tested. then again if people don't exactly like that HC doesn't have x or y, they don't have to play on there. there's other options out there, too.

@Katzen

On Everlasting

Also on CO under @littlemissmarsh

spacer.png spacer.png

On 10/11/2020 at 10:23 AM, irishhawk said:

I prefer this server but the new content here has just been a wasteland.  What's going on?

You mean, it's free and you did not have to contribute anything to making this server viable? To be fair to you though, people will complain about anything I guess.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 10/11/2020 at 1:18 PM, Greycat said:

Yep. They do a fairly good job of informing us of what's going on, as well as not just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.

I appreciate both of these things.

Exactly. I like some of the ideas on the other servers and have even requested that we have customizable Master Minds here on this server based off the other servers, however, I do not have any expectations or even want to pressure HC to hurry up. I want them to do things right just the way they have been.