Patch Notes for February 18th, 2020

The Curator

• Developer

Powers

• Player Buffing Procs like Chance for Build Up should no longer proc on pseudo-pets, most of the time they did nothing and simply added confusion.
  • Panacea no longer grants +Regen in PvP, instead it has the same Chance for +Heal as in PvE

Bug Fixes

• Doc Buzzsaw was not aware of the decreased level range for Positron Part 1. She now spawns all the way down to level 8.

Powers Bug Fixes

• Fixed the Tanker and Brute Global Taunt Proc not triggering on aura powers.
  • Fixed bug with Gauntlet not triggering main-hit taunt messages.
  • Clockwork Reassembly power should again calculate the chance for each individual spawned Gear, instead of only once at death. Average spawn count over time will not change, but it will be rare to get no Gears out of a defeated boss.
  • Fixed many missing PStrings on crafting windows and mail attachments.
  • Proton Volley's Fast-Snipe sphere FX should now tint properly in the Dark Theme.
  • Fixed an issue with many powers displaying duplicate effects in their power info window.
  • Addressed a bug where sometimes, after zoning, Bio Armor would have two both, offensive and defensive Adaptations active simultaneously.
  • Many Lore Pet powers were not subject to PvP Mez suppression, this has been fixed.
  • Players should no longer see a debuff icon when Carnival Master Illusionists summons pets.
  • Players should no longer see a debuff icon when Tuatha Bosses use Animated Stone.
  • Fixed short tool tip for Sirocco's Dervish to clarify it is a chance for damage.
  • Mind Control > Terrify: This power no longer states it accepts Accurate ToHit Debuff sets. This power has never had a ToHit Debuff component.
  • Fiery Melee > Breath of Fire: Fixed an animation bug when the power is used with Shield Defense.
  • Energy Blast > Sniper Blast: Fixed sound sync issues with the tintable fast cast version of the power.
  • Sentinel > Dark Blast > Antumbral Beam: Fixed missing sound FX.
  • Dominator > Martial Assault > Masterful Throw (Quick Version): Adjusted the projectile and hit timing.
  • Blaster > Devices > Caltrops: Enhancements and Procs should now work on this power.
  • Dominator > Assault > Martial Assault > Caltrops: Enhancements and Procs should now work on this power.
  • Dominator > Assault > Thorns > Thorntrops: Enhancements and Procs should now work on this power.
  • Brute > Fury: Fixed a bug where some auras would passively grant the brute small amounts of +Fury.
  • Blaster > Sonic Attack > Fixed PString messages on Power Customization.
  • Fixed a bug where Targeting Drone's Up-Front damage would not always cancel out in combat.
  • Incarnate > Interface (All Damage over Time Procs): Fixed a bug that resulted in lower than expected chance (thanks @Bopper & @Gulbasaur!)
  • Short Tooltip for the following procs for the following procs changed to clarify they provide a chance for damage:
    • Gladiator's Net
    • Javelin Volley
    • Mako's Bite
  • Defender & Corruptor > Epic > Power Mastery > Power Build Up: This power should no longer have it's strength enhanced by other Power Build Up powers.
  • Stalker > Ice Melee: Attacks in this powerset should now properly display CRITICAL float messages when they crit.
  • Stalker > Ice Melee > Frost: This power should now take range enhancements, same as other versions of Ice Melee > Frost
  • Pool > Sorcery > Rune of Protection: Clicking on this power should not trigger the animation if the power has not recharged.
  • Pool > Hasten: Clicking on this power should not trigger the animation if the power has not recharged.
  • Peacebringer > Light Form: Clicking on this power should not trigger the animation if the power has not recharged.
Edited by The Curator
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 11

1 hour ago, The Curator said:
  • Incarnate > Interface (All Damage over Time Procs): Fixed a bug that resulted in lower than expected chance (thanks @Bopper & @Gulbasaur!)

Is this the issue where somehow the chance for secondary Interface procs being reliant on the first one passing before it would allow the second one to check? For instance if there's a 25% chance for proc 1 to trigger and 75% for proc 2 (so a lot of the Radial versions) if proc 1 failed it would not check proc 2?

I'll be happy if it will allow each proc to activate individually instead of being reliant on the first one if that's the case, especially since a bunch of people said the former was intentional but the wording implies otherwise.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

I have a fire tank that I've been itching to play.  Sounds like a good time to do it, with the fix to the taunt now in place!

Before the fix, everyday was Sky Raider day, no biggie.

Thanks for the work, Team.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

5 minutes ago, Oneirohero said:

Is this the issue where somehow the chance for secondary Interface procs being reliant on the first one passing before it would allow the second one to check? For instance if there's a 25% chance for proc 1 to trigger and 75% for proc 2 (so a lot of the Radial versions) if proc 1 failed it would not check proc 2?

I'll be happy if it will allow each proc to activate individually instead of being reliant on the first one if that's the case, especially since a bunch of people said the former was intentional but the wording implies otherwise.

That was an unconfirmed theory. The bug found was a double check of the DoT proc that caused it to greatly underperform. It should work as intended now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

25 minutes ago, Perm said:

How do i run the patch update?

I can't login and says "run patcher".  

Please help a newb.

Just close the game and launcher (Tequila/Island Rum), and run it again. It should update and load. 

• Like 1

Thank you developers who build/fix and players who test stuff.  I just enjoy playing and have no time for beta, but I benefit from your efforts.

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Breath of fire on tanker does more damage (while hitting more targets of course) than a blaster's fire breath (116 vs 109).  Is this a bug or intended?  Same with Lotus drop on tanker it hits for 89 damage while the blaster hits for 75 and also takes longer time to recharge 14secs(Tanker)  28 secs (blaster).  

• Like 2

I downloaded the islandrum-mac.zip, but upon unpacking and running Island Rum, I get following error message:

You can’t use this version of the application “Island Rum” with this version of OS X. You have OS X 10.10.5. The application requires OS X 10.11 or later.

Am I'm out of luck or can I somehow run CoH Homecoming under OS X 10.10.5?

As always, thanks for all the work you guys put in. 😄

Especially for things like these...

Energy Blast > Sniper Blast: Fixed sound sync issues with the tintable fast cast version of the power.

This bug started to get really annoying when you've mastered your attack-chain and use the sounds of the attacks to trigger you for queuing up the next power.

(aka "hear snipe sound, queue blasts, shout 'crap the animation isn't done yet!') 😜

playing on Reunion

14 minutes ago, Wompy said:

Breath of fire on tanker does more damage (while hitting more targets of course) than a blaster's fire breath (116 vs 109).  Is this a bug or intended?

Breath of Fire is a small fraction of the size (14% without the Tanker inherent buff) of Fire Breath.  As a result the area modifier is much smaller (about 67%) for the former, causing it to do more damage despite Blaster's higher Ranged Damage Scale.

56 minutes ago, olio said:

I downloaded the islandrum-mac.zip, but upon unpacking and running Island Rum, I get following error message:

You can’t use this version of the application “Island Rum” with this version of OS X. You have OS X 10.10.5. The application requires OS X 10.11 or later.

Am I'm out of luck or can I somehow run CoH Homecoming under OS X 10.10.5?

... wait, I use Island Rum on 10.10.5, but I haven't played in a while.  Now I'm afraid to click on Island Rum.

But I will.  Let's see....

Okay, I don't get that error message.  Instead it just crashes to desktop.

Well, I guess it was nice playing CoH while it lasted. >:(

I tested out the Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up proc on Singularity and on Summon Spiderlings and The chance of Build Up proc only fires when you summon the pet with the said proc and the proc only fires on you.  Meaning you get the buff  now instead of the pets.  I've seen this behavior with Tornado and also Voltaic Sentinel. 

So I'm assuming the combat log information stating that the proc was firing on my pets in the past was false or erroneously showing it was firing but not truly buffing my pets damage output?

5 hours ago, The Curator said:

Powers

• Player Buffing Procs like Chance for Build Up should no longer proc on pseudo-pets, most of the time they did nothing and simply added confusion.

7 minutes ago, Tater Todd said:

I tested out the Soulbound Allegiance: Chance for Build Up proc on Singularity and on Summon Spiderlings and The chance of Build Up proc only fires when you summon the pet with the said proc and the proc only fires on you.  Meaning you get the buff  now instead of the pets.  I've seen this behavior with Tornado and also Voltaic Sentinel. 

So I'm assuming the combat log information stating that the proc was firing on my pets in the past was false or erroneously showing it was firing but not truly buffing my pets damage output?

Neither Tornado nor Voltaic Sentinel could ever have their damage buffed afaik.

Not sure about the others.