Hold on, anyone ever completely forget a toon? Only to level up one with the same sets?

SeraphimKensai

So Halloween I thought it'd be fun to have a Necromancy Dark MM. I've always wanted one, and have seen a couple decent enough builds for them. I figure I'll trick or treat with it, and lvl from 1-46 over a few hours trick or treating.

I log off to take a break and eat, and when I had some time I boot up mids to make a build, only to find i already have a Necro Dark MM build in my character vault folder where I keep my own builds. I'm like hmmm when the hell did I make this. Then I scrolled through my character cadre and found a lvl 50 Necro/dark mm but a different one than the one I was leveling. I boot it up and it's got the build slotted, a backstory.txt which was in my character vault along with a costume file.

So TLDR....I somehow made a toon, got it to 50, unlocked incarnate slots, made a build for it, slotted that build, saved the costume, and saved the backstory.

This ever happen to any of you?

• Haha 3

I have a character named Sandmam.  I had made her last halloween, and got to 40 i think.  This halloween i got her to 50.  I find i make some of the same characters over and over and over again.  I have major Altitis.  I made a ghost character named Spook Central, a Illusion/ Cold controller, he's at 46 right now.

I make alot of Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, and superman characters.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

So Halloween I thought it'd be fun to have a Necromancy Dark MM. I've always wanted one, and have seen a couple decent enough builds for them. I figure I'll trick or treat with it, and lvl from 1-46 over a few hours trick or treating.

I log off to take a break and eat, and when I had some time I boot up mids to make a build, only to find i already have a Necro Dark MM build in my character vault folder where I keep my own builds. I'm like hmmm when the hell did I make this. Then I scrolled through my character cadre and found a lvl 50 Necro/dark mm but a different one than the one I was leveling. I boot it up and it's got the build slotted, a backstory.txt which was in my character vault along with a costume file.

So TLDR....I somehow made a toon, got it to 50, unlocked incarnate slots, made a build for it, slotted that build, saved the costume, and saved the backstory.

This ever happen to any of you?

Only to the other me.  

2 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Yep.  Even more shocking and I imagine rare, sometimes I've even done it on purpose.

I do that a lot.  I'm inundated with Fire/TA corruptors, Fire/FF controllers, and Rad/Fire brutes.  I want one of each on every shard I play on, on both accounts.  They're even slotted identically, +5'd in the same places and so on.  

Those of you who continue to profess a belief in the Users will receive the standard, substandard training which will result in your eventual elimination.
That will be all.

No, but, does liking a combo and leveling a new one count? Because I have like 2-3 Fire/MA Tankers among others and was about to start a new one when page 5 hit the beta servers.

• Like 1

Yes, more than once in fact.  Turns out I don't mind it; the ones that didn't make it to 50 didn't stick in my mind because something wasn't working for me - character concept, build, etc.  The next time round, it often DOES work for me.  😃

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have more than one Peacebringer with almost identical builds. They're... different heroes. I couldn't just rebrand one. 

Also, due to the way levelling works, it's much more fun to level at a glacial pace than go in and out of Ouro every twenty minutes with a team locked in task force mode for it. 

My current slow levelling character is a combination of those two ideas... a peacebringer doing every mission I can find in every level band. 

• Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

10 minutes ago, RikOz said:

I have spreadsheets for each of the ATs I play. Primary powersets on one axis, secondaries on the other. So when I decide to roll, say, a new brute, I open my Brutes file and look to see which combos I haven't rolled yet.

I also have a spreadsheet as well. The Necro/dark mm I made however was inspired from a forum post I read with the proposed Necro changes for page 5 while I was drinking a few beers while getting distracted with diaper changes and all that so I failed to boot up my spreadsheet.

Oh well I guess I can now dual box both of them and have an undead horde with stacked tar patches and darkest nights and stacked howling twilight Regen debuffs for monster crunching under the weight of my undead horde.

• Like 1

My spreadsheet main page is:

Name, Lvl, Vet, Origin, AT,P rimary, Secondary, Day J#, Day Job %, Created, Age, Enhanced, Tports, Incarnate, TAFP, TFC, Halloween, SBB, Vday, Winter, Zones

Enhanced just means if they need respec, have generic IOs, or are pretty well done with sets

Tports are the P2W extras with Team teleport, etc...  (most of my chars get them all anyway now)

Incarnate: What level shift

TAFP is just the four stat bonus accolades that if they have, or red side equiv

TFC, what of the six basic TFs they have done

Zones: Unused, but I think it was what zones for the accolades have been fully explored?

Halloween, SBB, Vday, Winter are just where the char is on with the badges.   none, some, most, done are the usual.  Added a P for mostP & someP if they have the prismatic aethers from halloween.

With a Dayjob support sheet.  Couple other sheet proposals are for Minds of Mayhem tracking, incarnate powers, though at this point I should just make an app.

With my CDO, I haven't accidentally started a character with the same AT & sets, but I did restart a couple with a different origin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Tell me you have too many characters without telling me you have too many characters.

😄

Pretty much. It's one thing if it's intentional like the fact that I have 4 Robot MM's (3 of which I made after watching @Neiskain action several months ago on a meteor triboxing), but forgetting a toon is just likely a sign I have too many.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Haha 2