What villain group would you join?

KaizenSoze

7 hours ago, ZemX said:

Rogue Isle Villains!

Yes, they are a "group".  You can look it up.  It's like an NPC VG in game.  Any unique super villain would fit right in. 

C'mon!  Misadventure? Sardonic?  Bad Penny?  These guys are great!  And they've each got their own style.  They're not just some bunch of expendable minions all wearing the same outfits!

second me on this.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I'd have to go with the Seers. All that data, compiled into information...and that means power! 

Are you sure about that?  The lore paints the process of becoming a Seer to be extremely painful in a sense.  Having your emotions forcibly removed and brain implants that prevent you from acting on your own accord.  And you're aware the entire time but can't do anything about it.  I feel like being a Seer would be akin to being a psychic zombie.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

33 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I feel like being a Seer would be akin to being a psychic zombie.

Lore also covers that, as Subjugators are extremely powerful former Seers, physically deformed by their own abilities.

They're .... disconcerting.

Edited by InvaderStych
syntax

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Yeah, no body-mods to cram into a spider exoskeleton for me!

I guess I'd go Carnival of Shadows, though I might be swayed to the side of Carnival of Light.

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Oh, man - I literally cannot think of a villain group that doesn't have a "total suck" point that makes it a "Who the hell would want to be a part of this crew of losers?", but I was considering this one, and looking over the membership's arguments (and numbers) allows me to feel safe in a crowd.  Carnival of Shadows, because there is no way I would turn down being able to look at and talk to killer (literally "killer") hot chicks on a daily basis, especially ones that seem so determined to show themselves off without restraint.  Sure, Vanessa DeVore is in league with a major league psychic vampire and the Carnival kills for fun, but being able to ask the Attendants, Jugglers and Fencers out for a date on a regular basis might make those last few weeks of life worth the trade-off.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:42 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

I feel like being a Seer would be akin to being a psychic zombie.

So is being part of the Carnival, but people don't seem to mind that one...?

As for me, uh, maybe Coralax?  Not sure if that counts; I'd presumably have to be hybridized a la Barracuda.  But it doesn't sound like a bad gig, relative to a lot of the others.

Failing that, screw it, Devouring Earth.  It's another "you're basically a zombie" option, granted, but I'd rather be a zombie than a nazi or something.  And I admit, I've met fewer plants that annoy me than people.  So hey, let's all be embraced by the Hamidon.

Edited by Lazarillo

8 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Goldbrickers.

The jetpacks and sonic weapons, yes.... but those pants!

Sky raiders + Gold Brickers = Sky Brickers, fallimg from Heaven and hitting the ground like a gold plated brick.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

23 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

If you were required to join a COX villain group as a member. Which one and why?

I would have to consider giving up playing City of Heroes.

But I don't have to worry. Homecoming would never "require" us to join a villain group.

• Thumbs Down 4

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I see lots of love (well, lust) in this thread for the Carnies, but as a guy, I don't see a place for me there.  The only men in that group are the strongmen, and I doubt Vanessa lets them play with the women.  But even if she does, they look so pumped full of 'roids that I doubt they can, er, "perform" anyway. 

If I had to join a villain group, I'm guessing it would be Crey or Family.  AFAIK, neither would require pumping weird substances into my body, undergoing massive body mutilation, or getting turned into something mindless and/or monstrous.  The Luddites are also a strong choice, but they don't even carry cell phones!  I just don't see myself going completely low-tech (now I wonder if there's a possible AE story in a Luddite getting busted sneaking out of AE in the wee hours one morning...).

13 hours ago, Black Talon said:

Oh, man - I literally cannot think of a villain group that doesn't have a "total suck" point that makes it a "Who the hell would want to be a part of this crew of losers?", but I was considering this one, and looking over the membership's arguments (and numbers) allows me to feel safe in a crowd.  Carnival of Shadows, because there is no way I would turn down being able to look at and talk to killer (literally "killer") hot chicks on a daily basis, especially ones that seem so determined to show themselves off without restraint.  Sure, Vanessa DeVore is in league with a major league psychic vampire and the Carnival kills for fun, but being able to ask the Attendants, Jugglers and Fencers out for a date on a regular basis might make those last few weeks of life worth the trade-off.

Pretty sure all the men involved with the Carnival (and by extension, the reason for the ladies' dress code) are made mindless thralls.  I don't think life is much better for the mask-twisted women either.

Slag Golem, I like caves.  yes, even blue caves, so I am obviously a monster.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 10/8/2021 at 9:35 AM, Zhym said:

I see lots of love (well, lust) in this thread for the Carnies, but as a guy, I don't see a place for me there.  The only men in that group are the strongmen, and I doubt Vanessa lets them play with the women.  But even if she does, they look so pumped full of 'roids that I doubt they can, er, "perform" anyway. 

Carnie Strongmen are not just mind-drones like the ladies, but flat-out reanimated corpses.  So yeah, you probably wouldn't enjoy the experience.

• Haha 4