Patch Notes for November 30th, 2021

The Curator

Just now, AboveTheChemist said:

Haha, the keyword there was 'testing'. I was testing the emotes to see if they really were locked, so I used a character without that badge. I am updating the emotes menu to include them, and will use the 'LockedOption' feature to allow them to be used once the badge is earned.

Along those lines, it might be worth considering having those emotes unlockable by more than one exploration badge. The badge in question is heroside, so perhaps allow it to be unlocked via a redside badge (like 'Sweet Tooth' in Cap au Diable) and a goldside badge (perhaps 'Don't Drink It' in Neutropolis or 'Binge Eater' in Underground Neutropolis), so characters that are strictly red/gold side can have access to the emotes.

Or set up a badge on the floating donut in Echo Plaza.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

9 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Along those lines, it might be worth considering having those emotes unlockable by more than one exploration badge. The badge in question is heroside

Very good point, it's an extra hurdle for heroes but even worse for villains/Praetorians. I would go a step further and ask if the emotes need to be locked at all? We've mostly done away with that kind of thing (see: costume parts), except for ones earned from events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MadCow99 said:

With changes to how AE works... any chance we'll be able to have an AE terminal in bases at some point?

That would be sweet, but what AE really needs, especially to go along with Base access, is for all AE Mission entrances to function as the same door, so your team, no matter where they are, red, blue, gold, base... can enter the mission from their nearest AE. If internet cafes in the real world can do it, I'd think AE could manage it 🙂

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

Sand Witches everywhere feel validated.

CoH crossover with Dune.

• Like 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

The Drenched Donuts emotes (including coffee), require an exploration badge to use. Can you guess which one?

lol

8 hours ago, Dispari said:

Enjoying the new invisible sandwich emote

image.png.b3863d883c86c5ff44709292f5622a68.png

(Which I assume is not intended)

uh, what is that motion she is doing supposed to mean?

• Haha 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• Retired Developer

Since it might be a while before the next round of fixes, I just wanted people to know I'm aware of the emote issues, including the male/huge coffee needing adjustments. I could give you a really long reason for why sometimes obvious things make it to live, but at the end of the day sometimes it just happens.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Since this latest patch, tequila goes through a quick "downloading" progress bar at the bottom, then a 2nd one starts, and at about halfway through, it just closes out.  I've tried running it as the administrator just to be sure, but it still happens.  Can anyone suggest a remedy for this issue?  Thank you in advance!

EDIT:  I've tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows 8, 7, and XP SP3, but am still encountering the same issue...

2nd EDIT:  I've downloaded the HCLauncher and reinstalled the game to a new directory, and it's working.  Has Tequila support been discontinued?

Edited by biostem

• Retired Developer
30 minutes ago, biostem said:

Since this latest patch, tequila goes through a quick "downloading" progress bar at the bottom, then a 2nd one starts, and at about halfway through, it just closes out.  I've tried

[...]

Has Tequila support been discontinued?

24 minutes ago, Spectre7878 said:

I open tequila and the update started but stalled and has moved. Should I close and restart?

Close Tequila and try deleting tequila.xml, tequilalog.xml and TequilaActivityLog.txt from your game directory and trying again. That usually helps me when it gets stuck like that sometimes.

If that doesn't work, it's very much recommended to upgrade to the new launcher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Old Fashioned badge claims that "Even Lord Recluse likes donuts."  Why not allow Drenched Donuts to open a franchise location in the Rogue Islands and stick the badge there as well?  It can be a 9th badge not required for the zone accolade (Going Rouge in Imperial City already does this).  I suggest putting it in Port Oakes, Cap, or Marital as those three are the least torn up by rampant crime waves.  Nerva would also work due to Longbow's precense and providing them some extra safety in exchange for free coffee.

For Praetoria, maybe set up a donut shop in Nova near Precinct 5.  Change the donut colors and rebrand it to be a little more Gold-themed.  Old Cole Coffee & Donuts or something to that extent?  Or just reuse the Loyal Tea & Coffee shops from Imperial City.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, Naomi said:

If that doesn't work, it's very much recommended to upgrade to the new launcher.

Thanks, Naomi!  I deleted the files you mentioned and tried again, but it didn't work.  Regardless, the new launcher DOES work, so I'll stick with that.  Thanks again!

3 hours ago, cohoriginal said:

on the topic of emotes, can you guys make the emotes available while in flight mode? what if I want to sit in my innertube in the sky??? its my innertube and i should be able to use it how i want to! 😄

I was also hoping it would make your character able to "swim" around in the inner tube too 😛

19 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Can we get an official comment from the GMs if there will be one this year or not?

It doesn't look like it. Pity, as I had cleared out some storage so I could get a years worth of winter sets for alts.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

12 minutes ago, CaptainLupis said:

It doesn't look like it. Pity, as I had cleared out some storage so I could get a years worth of winter sets for alts.

An official comment was made in another thread.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cohoriginal said:

on the topic of emotes, can you guys make the emotes available while in flight mode? what if I want to sit in my innertube in the sky??? its my innertube and i should be able to use it how i want to! 😄

Flying?

I want to ride the inner tube down the ski slope!!!

• Like 4

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 11/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, The Curator said:

• Added new "Idle > Food & Drink" menu which contains the new emotes under a "Drenched Donuts" child menu
  • Removed Drink, Eat Food, Eat Donut, Drink Tea, Drink Enriche from Idle and Action menu(s) and placed them in the Food & Drink menu

I object to donuts being placed on the child menu, but I don't yet have a toon prepared to tackle the evil of poor child nutrition.

• Haha 2