Do you have down time in game and what do you do?

DougGraves

I play to team.  Unfortunately I have time to play in the mornings when teaming is hard and less time in the evenings when teaming is easy.  I have tried soloing in the mornings but my heart is not in it.  So mornings I play with the costume creator and craft enhancements.

In the evenings I don't solo while waiting for a team, I just wait.  I have recently tried the LFG flagging myself for several TFs and queuing.  But I always find a team before LFG finds something for me - so I'm not even sure it will ever find something for me.

So while waiting for a team in the evenings I watch Sci Show on youtube or play sudoku.

During sown times I will usually do marketeering on my main.

Once that is done, I will play musical characters and relocate them to as yet unacquired day jobs. There have been times where I have logged on to some of my characters and had about 8 day job bonuses running. 🙂

• Like 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

crafting/selling

AH searches

costume creator (though I don't really like working in it long when I'm waiting for team opportunities since I can't see the chat window)

explorer badges

"Kill x number of ..." badges

Stocking spare inspirations into my email box

Answering private messages telling me how awesome my avatar looks and can I please sign their cast

stuff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently in the middle of a completionist run - level locked at 20 catching up on Ouro arcs.

Not a big fan of solo COH either but to do a completionist run, kind of necessary.  

Its oddly reassuring to have those marks beside each arc.   

I try to play each of my 50s daily until I get a catalyst.  Then it's time to switch.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

as a team.

examples: 2 person team, 3 person team, 4 person team, etc.

I guess I keyed in on " when teaming is hard " and was just wondering do you mean maxed teams or any sized teams?

To answer your title - I team between crafting and alt creation. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it just feels right.

Edited by Troo
edited for clarification

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I do some crafting, tend to waste time collecting the exploration badges (merits!), sometimes the costume creator too.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I don't always have time to team/farm, so sometimes I'll just log on and take an alt through one of the hoops to get The Atlas Medallion, or other badge grabs.  

If I'm killing time between teams, I'll just float around PI or whatever, beating folks up in the parking lots until I see an LFG that looks promising.  Also spend a lot of time crafting/selling.

I'll often just hop on test and monkey around with different builds/Incarnate mixes.

Suffice to say, there's always something to do.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Street hunt.  If I have a lot of time I will solo or craft/market/run through an accolade...but if it's a break between teams or something relatively brief, I like to run around the streets in level-appropriate areas and punch randos.

Edited by Sailboat

Hi yes vidiotmaps is still ingame and still fab.

Checkout the sticky post in the badges section for linkie and instructions to install. Enjoy

Edit the map sticky is in the Tools,Utilites and something else section, not the badge section, sorry

Edited by Jacktar
wrong info in post

Respec

I hate doing them, so only do them when my friends list is light and theres no teaming going on. 

Accolade badges

A necessary evil to run the oro arcs and go and get all the explorer badges and plaques. I try to do these on my own time when theres not much else to do. Sometimes I do the oro stuff with friends so we can all get the badges, but mostly I just solo this stuff since its much faster to just stealth through quickly for the most part.

Farm

If im not seeing my friends list lit up, I'll usually just mindlessly semi afk fire farm until people get on. Make some influ while I watch tv or sports or something.

Those are probably the most used options for me when Im not running TFs with friends or doing Hami etc.

Not sure if this answers the question in the way it was asked but I typically spend the first 15-20 minutes logging in my characters that have sat for 3+ days and auto-complete a radio/paper mission.  I go through the list of almost 40 characters and that's just on Torchbearer.  

The other time I'm logged into CoH, I'm playing (missions, teams, soloing, crafting, /ah, respec'ing, accolade-badging, etc.).  

I guess I do typically have Mid's/Pine's open messing around with builds on my second monitor along with the Homecoming forums open.  

Edited by tafilr

I do all of what everyone else has said (except read; I tend to get absorbed in what I'm reading and forget the game completely), and I will also go dancing in Pocket D to get that badge/tp power.  You do have to switch dances or move a bit to avoid being logged for afk, but it's something fun to do (I love watching my toons do the "disco" dance, too hilarious) and you get a badge for it. Win-win-win (the third win is that while in there discoing away, you'll typically find a team forming that is something you want to do or need on one of your toons or your friends/sgmates will log in, etc.).

It's rare that I can just sit and play for more than like 20 minutes at a go.  As a result, I usually solo, and what I'll do is enter a mission, take out a few groups, go and tend to the laundry/cooking/whatever else I have to do, then return to the game when there's another gap that I can play.  I don't really play the market or anything, beyond selling some orange salvage or buying a stealth IO, etc.  On the few instances where I am able to team up and/or play for a longer session, I like making small talk with my teammates, etc...

I periodically go through the rare recipes that I've accumulated, craft them, convert them into the handful of valuable enhancements, and then sell them on the market.  Sometimes I'll pick a character and a zone and work on getting all the exploration badges in that zone on that character.

Downtime? What’s that? I have too many TPS reports to file. 

But seriously, “downtime” for me is actually getting to play the game. I’m usually spending my “dedicated” time to running builds together, theory crafting, and testing builds.