Online Character Build Browser

Cipher

Due to lack of understanding of the game...

Are these databases that house the data for powers and such only stored server side?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

38 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Due to lack of understanding of the game...

Are these databases that house the data for powers and such only stored server side?

Depends on what you're referring to. If you're talking about the powers in general, then no there's a copy of that data in the client files.

If you're talking about the powers that you chose for your character, then yes those are only server-side.

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

22 hours ago, RubyRed said:

If you're talking about the powers that you chose for your character, then yes those are only server-side.

You can save a copy of your build to disk using /buildsave

Edited by Doc_Scorpion

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

16 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

You can save a copy of your build to disk using /buildfile

Actually the command is /buildsave   And it will save a text file of your build to your CoH folder in a folder named after your global name. I understand this text file can be opened by the newer version of Mid's.

Sorry, I was talking about the raw data (power activation numbers, etc) that seems to be a constant headache for the Build Planner databases. Not sure why that didn't come to mind at the time of the last post. :/

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 hour ago, SuperPlyx said:

Actually the command is /buildsave   And it will save a text file of your build to your CoH folder in a folder named after your global name. I understand this text file can be opened by the newer version of Mid's.

Ah, thanks for the correction.  I've edited my post.

As far as Mid's goes, it's supposed to be able to open them but it doesn't do so reliably.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

23 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Sorry, I was talking about the raw data (power activation numbers, etc) that seems to be a constant headache for the Build Planner databases. Not sure why that didn't come to mind at the time of the last post. 😕

If you ever saw the spreadsheets... you'd understand why they are so migraine-inducing.

😵

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 1 month later

I'm curious how this project is coming along.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 4 weeks later

It's been a month since I asked, but...any updates?

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

3 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

It might have stalled. But I haven't seen it confirmed by Cipher or any other developer. Then again, we haven't seen much from any Dev on the forums since Page 5 was released and Patches to Live and Beta haven't happened for over a month, so perhaps everything has stalled. I'm guessing they're busy on Page 6 and being secretive with it. But who knows.

I'm unsure if the Homecoming Team are a team with their day jobs as well, but I've got this sneaking suspicion that they're currently engaged in pre-release crunch for their day-job game project(s).

But then, I've been known to have paranoid delusions, so you can probably just as safely ignore my ramblings here.

But . . . HEY!  If some random for-purchase game gets released, and then we start to see the Homecoming Team trickle back in over the next few weeks while that game's post-release bug fixes get wrapped up . . . theeeeennnnn . . . *shrugs*

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bopper said:

It might have stalled. But I haven't seen it confirmed by Cipher or any other developer. Then again, we haven't seen much from any Dev on the forums since Page 5 was released and Patches to Live and Beta haven't happened for over a month, so perhaps everything has stalled. I'm guessing they're busy on Page 6 and being secretive with it. But who knows.

After the release of Page 5 the Devs decided that they needed to invest in flame-proof suits prior to releasing any other patches.  But the Corona-pocalypse has lead to significant shortages in supply.

• Haha 1

A REST interface type of access to this data would also be awesome. It would open up a whole slew of possibilities.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

• 3 weeks later

This all sounds really cool but a lit of it went over my head from the technical jargon.   Does it mean that the devs are going to unite with the players to make production faster and smoother soon?

• Confused 2

On 2/23/2020 at 3:59 AM, The Philotic Knight said:

Since I was name dropped a few times:

• I have nothing to do with this, this is the first I'm hearing of it. 
  • This makes my thing seem like junk, almost like I'm wasting my time. It also already looks a thousand times better. 
  • @Cipher's would of course be inherently better for the simple fact that he HAS the actual data to work with, (and is probably already inherently more familiar with the data since who knows how long he's been working with it) while I'm parsing and scraping stuff from a leak drop from over a year ago, and trying to understand it from the outside looking in.

That all being said... I'm of a torn mind about this. On the one hand this looks awesome and I hope it gives people what they need, on the other... I feel like I just wasted a shit ton of my time on nothing. Ugh. I think I'll stop working on mine now. 

Yours is a builder, his is WoW Armory.  Both useful.

If I were you I'd reach out to him, maybe they can work in tandem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
On 5/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

After the release of Page 5 the Devs decided that they needed to invest in flame-proof suits prior to releasing any other patches.  But the Corona-pocalypse has lead to significant shortages in supply.

Ignore the flames. This is fine.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later
  • Jimmy unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later
  • 2 months later