Is there a way to turn up just the sound of glowies?

DougGraves

There's also an alternate sound in COHModder, not sure if it'll help or not.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

If not, there should be.

I had to find 5 file cabinets.  To find them I had to turn my sound way up, which made everything loud except the glowies which were just not as quiet as normal.

Dis:

• Thanks 3

There is also one in Modder that I put there that is a very distinctive ding that is louder than the original glowie sound.  I made it for those that are hard of hearing or have trouble discerning which speaker the noise is coming from.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DougGraves said:

If not, there should be.

I had to find 5 file cabinets.  To find them I had to turn my sound way up, which made everything loud except the glowies which were just not as quiet as normal.

Why yes, yes there is.   😁

I changed my glowies to sound like a pack of laughing hyenas...  it's pretty noticeable.

PK's tool is the easiest way to go about it.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Not nearly as hard to find when I'm wearing the headphones. But I'm seldom wearing the headphones when I play CoH.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 4/14/2021 at 3:12 PM, Apparition said:

Something changed back in a patch in February 2020 which significantly lowered the sound of glowies to the point that they are barely audible.  I had to replace the sound of the glowies manually with a much louder one.

this.  i f-ing knew it

On 4/15/2021 at 3:17 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Why yes, yes there is.   😁

I changed my glowies to sound like a pack of laughing hyenas...  it's pretty noticeable.

PK's tool is the easiest way to go about it.

Is it possible to change the sound to anything? Specific file type needed or can I jam out some Faithless everytime there's a glowie around?

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Seriously, is there an easy way to modify this?  I do not like to open random links so i avoid most of the above "go here" instructions.  But trying to do story arcs became noticeably more painful my last run through all of redside due to this stupid problem

CoH Modder is pretty straightforward and there's quite a bit of stuff available at this point.  There are I think two mods that increase the existing sound by 5 db and I think there are some other sounds available for glowies too.  There are even a couple of sound files in CoH Modder for making demons sound like kittens and such.  Worth checking out if you like changing sounds easily.  All kinds of sound files in there.  As mentioned it's a link to a forum post here on HC so it's legit (PK made it):

CoH Modder - Tools, Utilities & Downloads - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

If you don't want to go the CoH Modder route then making your own sound file and adding it into your directory should work (as Mr. Vee said).

• Thanks 2

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

hmmm... Primus DMV or Pork Chop's Little Ditty... choices, choices...

• Haha 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 4/19/2021 at 1:48 AM, KauaiJim said:

There are even a couple of sound files in CoH Modder for making demons sound like kittens

Ah yes Vortex's Vibrant Verisimilitude of Grave Grimalkin Gnashing, That started as I am tired of demons roaring all the time, then hey what if I made the demons sound like cats? Then to waaaay to much time finding sound files and editing them (there are 46 sound files in the demon power set!), then testing in game with a few people. Was kinda a joke at first, that turned into a full sound mod. The idea being that as you summon the Demons you force them to act and sound like cats, than as the un-summon/die the revert to demons (was not going to add sounds of cats being hurt).  Originally made for myself, I was convinced to upload it to the forums, then PK asked permission to add it to their Mod tool and I was happy to say yes. I have no idea if anyone other than a few use it, but was interesting to make, and is fun to use for me at least.

I used Audacity (free sound editing software) https://www.audacityteam.org/  to edit and make the sound files as its easy to use, free and will output into .ogg file format. Oh and as an aside, the sound files in the game are super loud by default, one challenge was to make the new sound files loud enough to hear in game and not be distorted.

Modding the sound files is City can be quite fun and an interesting project, some small with one or two sound files, some larger with 30+ files. Pretty cool that we are able to do so, and PK's tool definitely makes it a much more user friendly experience on the modder side and the end user side.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2021 at 2:48 AM, KauaiJim said:

CoH Modder is pretty straightforward and there's quite a bit of stuff available at this point.  There are I think two mods that increase the existing sound by 5 db and I think there are some other sounds available for glowies too.  There are even a couple of sound files in CoH Modder for making demons sound like kittens and such.  Worth checking out if you like changing sounds easily.  All kinds of sound files in there.  As mentioned it's a link to a forum post here on HC so it's legit (PK made it):

CoH Modder - Tools, Utilities & Downloads - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

If you don't want to go the CoH Modder route then making your own sound file and adding it into your directory should work (as Mr. Vee said).

My computers security won't let me download this...

• Confused 1