Gaming drunk

Player2

At most, a rum and coke or bit of whiskey, and that's rare. I don't get drunk (I mean, I probably would if I drank enough, but I don't find drinking enough for that to be fun or entertaining, so I don't do it.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Pepsi or ice water.  I'm apparently that rare breed of Irishman who has no interest in drinking.  If I want to have messed up brain function, I'll play COH for the better part of a day, and then play more, and sleep barely at all.  Oh wait, I've done that a lot as is.  OG 2x weekends man, I did NOT sleep during them.

To misquote Tony Stark from Marvel's Ultimates:

"You think I'd get in this thing sober?"

• Haha 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

18 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Regardless, I'm in a much better place now!

Boise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Intoxication of some sort is one of my top reasons for not caring about perfectionist topics like never dying or pylon times or clear times. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

I don’t drink alcohols though anymore. 

• Like 1

Of course I drink while playing. I keep a 20 ounce glass of water by the computer at all times.

Oh, wait, you mean drink alcoholic beverages, don't you? In that case, let me explain something. I don't like the taste of the common beers. I don't like the taste of tequila, vodka, brandy, or whisky either. They are too damn bitter. Even more damning, I don't like the way I feel when I drink the stuff. I'm frequently unsteady on my feet enough due to low blood pressure. As such, even a single can of beer spread out over a couple hours makes me unstable and makes it difficult to do much of anything that involves having to stand up. I don't like that feeling. Pale ales that are kept chilled have a tolerable taste, to me. And if I make sure to only drink a bottle on occasion, and even then only while eating a meal, the side effects of being unsteady are mitigated to a large degree. I've also found that I do like sake on occasion. I drink the traditional amount of a single saucer, only once a day, and rarely buy the stuff to begin with. It's extremely bitter, but the traditional amount is past the tongue quickly enough to not be a problem. And with such a small amount, it just leaves a warm muzzy glow for a while instead of destroying my balance and making me feel mentally off balance. Once again though, I only drink it when eating a meal.

Still, I rarely even consider buying anything alcoholic. As my dad puts it... I'll decide to drink a single Blue Moon, once in a blue moon.

No.  When I'm gaming I'm gaming. THIS is the pastime. Same with other gaming pursuits.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

When the game was live, I was in college so there were a few nights I’d get home intoxicated and play. I’m sure I got put on some ignore lists. 

Now, I am a responsible member of society. I drink every once in a while, sometimes while playing, but I don’t remember the last time I was drunk. As far as what, usually a dos x or a lone star. 

1 hour ago, Pixie_Knight said:

I'm frequently unsteady on my feet enough due to low blood pressure.

Hilariously enough, I have far fewer low blood pressure dips when I've got some booze in me. They're unpleasantly common when I'm sober. Edit: And I'm a fattish smoker as well, go figure.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

6 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Hilariously enough, I have far fewer low blood pressure dips when I've got some booze in me. They're unpleasantly common when I'm sober. Edit: And I'm a fattish smoker as well, go figure.

My low blood pressure dips tend to occur when I stand up too fast. It's within the healthy range, but just barely high enough to be within that range. And I'm very much a light weight. I admit that. Then again, I don't want to develop a high tolerance to alcohol either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even back when I did drink, I almost never drank while gaming because I just didn't find the experiences particularly compatible. I quit drinking a while back, though.

• Like 1